So what's the next Class you would be interested to get a healing Elite Spec?

Elite Specs introduce new ways to play older classes. So just curious, what's the next class you would be interested in getting a healer support themed Elite Spec in a future expansion?

For me something about a Warrior Healing Support themed Elite Spec sounds interesting and could be fun to play. Nothing about the class currently like it so it would be unique play style for the Warrior.

I could see a warrior healer. The obvious core lines to use would be Discipline (for Banner Regen) and Tactics (shout heals) in addition to whatever the new elite spec offered. Since the instanced meta no longer relies on Phalanx Strength for Might stacking, taking the shout trait in GM Tactics would mean a sacrifice of personal DPS, not group support, which would perhaps be acceptable in a healer.

I'd like to see a Necro healer, using Mark of Blood, plus siphon plus whatever the new spec offered, but that's a personal preference as I like the profession.

Necro 100%

Spirit theme : mainhand Warhorn, dual Verderach <3 , theme around summoning Spirits (renegade/ranger, longer duration + internal cd) or possessing you as Cantrips (2-3 seconds, 10 target AoE Heal / Life spihon / condi damage / CC , but no internal cooldown for nice bursts those 2-3 seconds)

Blood theme : mainhand sword, theme around creating blood fields with similar effects like above ( they could be considered like Traps or utility Marks)

I don't have legendary warhorn nor sword, but for this they would definitely made worth while <3

Mesmer with a hammer. When the mesmer is finally superior in everything, we can focus on re-balancing the other classes to its level.

Ok, now the real answer. Of all classes there exist, most already have a good support and/or heal ability, except for the thief. It is mostly a selfish class, helping people with stealth is a complete disaster, as they always keep attacking no matter how close they are to death = reveal = death. The venoms can be utilized for group support, but you rarely see one of those. All the thief is good at: DPS. The class lacks a good sustain option and some real support feature. Maybe with a shield (utilizing the Shield Bash from the Ancient Jotun Shield). Replacing stealth with astral-form, that grants hp-regeneration & protection to allies close by.

There are already all sorts of healing-oriented builds:

• Elementalist (a couple of variations on the same theme)
  • Engineer (healineer has been a thing for a while, it's just super-challenging for most of us to play)* Ranger (via Druid)
  • Guardian (+/- via FB tomes)
  • Necromancer (via the so-called Mercy Scourge, which is nearly a hard-carry for a variety of levels of player effectiveness)
  • Mesmer (support wells, although it's not effective unless the party is generally pretty good already)
  • Revenant (a couple)
  • Thief (there's a kind of stealth healer, although it's really more of a novelty build for roaming partners rather than something worth running)
  • Warrior (I'm not aware of any)

So I don't think it's all that interesting to consider "healing" as its own category (despite not having strong options for Thief or Warrior).

I think it would probably be more interesting to broaden the concept to what game modes lack strong, diverse options for each class? For example, while there are strong support & DPS roles for rangers in challenging instanced content, they don't have any (strong) options for organized, large-group WvW. In theory, at some point in the game's future, anyone with a favorite main class and a favorite style of play should have something that can be a strong choice for each game mode. GW2 is probably closer than it's every been before, but there's still a ways to go.

@Sephylon.4938 said:Thief just for the lolz

Leechning Venoms should scale the healing base on the thief Healing Power instead ...

@phs.6089 said:Necro really, with OP lifesteal traits. Then none can blame the healer, deal damage or die!

@"Lillian Wandom Hale.7102" said:Necro 100%

Spirit theme : mainhand Warhorn, dual Verderach <3 , theme around summoning Spirits (renegade/ranger, longer duration + internal cd) or possessing you as Cantrips (2-3 seconds, 10 target AoE Heal / Life spihon / condi damage / CC , but no internal cooldown for nice bursts those 2-3 seconds)

Blood theme : mainhand sword, theme around creating blood fields with similar effects like above ( they could be considered like Traps or utility Marks)

I don't have legendary warhorn nor sword, but for this they would definitely made worth while <3

Already possible with necro https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scourge_-_Support_Healer

Personally I'd be interested in calling back to GW1 in the form of a Monk class for guardian that uses targeted ally healing and enchantments. We have plenty of AoE effects that help allies but no skills that allow us to target a single player. It'd be nice to add a constant regeneration enchantment, or add a specific targeted buff. Granted this could be shuffled into an aoe that affects more people but I'd love to see single target ally buffs/heals/enchantments.

To be honest every class is already pretty good at healing besides Thief. You can bring mid-tier healing on pretty much anything else, even Warrior which is quite an effective healer with banner regen + full Shouts unless your party is really awful.

So... definitely Thief. In fact, Thief needs something not so.. Thiefy in general. Its getting kind of tired.

@Hannelore.8153 said:To be honest every class is already pretty good at healing besides Thief. You can bring mid-tier healing on pretty much anything else, even Warrior which is quite an effective healer with banner regen + full Shouts unless your party is really awful.

So... definitely Thief. In fact, Thief needs something not so.. Thiefy in general. Its getting kind of tired.

For Thief I would like a Longbow Priest Elite Spec like from the show Inuyasha.Fits the theme of the GW1 Factions era while also can be Healing Support focused with powerful Long Bow support skills and some of support utilities. This could be a sharable kit or conjure that does good healing and boons.

Personally I'd love a hardcore healing Mesmer. It's already a strong power/condi fighter, it's a strong tank, and a strong support. The only thing lacking is a strong healer, and I feel like we could use an alternative support role that would give mesmer players something else in fractals/raids than chrono allday everyday.

@"Khisanth.2948" said:

Already possible with necro https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scourge_-_Support_Healer

You're one of those Berserker Druids or Healer Weavers ?Just because something is barely doable doesn't mean it should be counted as existing.Also please read the name of the discusion, it says HEALING SPEC , not CONDI spec with few barriers and condi removals.

We're talking functioning healing specAs such Necro has one heal with Well of Blood + Lesser Well of Blood traited ( + transfusion on Shroud 4 ) all low heals with big cooldowns

The" HEALER " build you linked has :

• 1 weapon skill that applies regeneration
  • Lesser well of blood trait
  • Transfusion

Daaamn, such heals :Dthat's a support build, not a healer build

Average Druid has :

• 3 spamable weapon skills that heal
  • 1 weapon skill that turns projectiles to heals
  • aoe heals as skill number 6
  • 4 spamable heals in Avatar form
  • *healing traits options

I wanna hit you more and more with my every edit XD

@Hevoskuuri.3891 said:Personally I'd love a hardcore healing Mesmer. It's already a strong power/condi fighter, it's a strong tank, and a strong support. The only thing lacking is a strong healer, and I feel like we could use an alternative support role that would give mesmer players something else in fractals/raids than chrono allday everyday.

I had the idea for Mesmsr to get a Bard Elite Spec that healer themed with major boons and a harp shortbow for some major mid-range healing and clones change to become music notes that blast melodies that boon allies and convert conditions on alliances into boons and boons on enemies into conditions.

Archived