Mad king Clock Tower JP is glitched

The Jumping puzzle is currently glicthed in many ways.

So animations of the JP are lagging amd sometimes you can clip through the plataform.The timing of the final jump is also wrong. It's doable but it is still a wild guess.

Video below give an idea of the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnEkdvtegQc

EDIT: fixing some text mistakes. Type and do a JP at the same time is bad.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Methuselah.4376 said:Having issues with the last jump myself. Reached the end over 5 times already and only got through once. Massively irritating considering how frustrating this JP already is.

Are you jumping the first time you see the clock or waiting for the second time when glass breaks?

I'm waiting for the glass to break.

@Methuselah.4376 said:Having issues with the last jump myself. Reached the end over 5 times already and only got through once. Massively irritating considering how frustrating this JP already is.

I have the same problem, i really love this JP, in fact I logged in the game just for doing that in this halloween, but the last jump is completely broken. It really make me do not want participate in halloween events this year.

And before someone ask, my ping is stable, with 205 and Avg 201.I hope they will fix that in next year.

Yeah. I've done the Clocktower so many times over the years that I can get to the end every single time. The only "difficult" thing about it is trying to figure out exactly how much you're lagging to the server so you can compensate for the final jump.

If there's any devs reading this, can I make a suggestion? Because that final jump is so ping-dependent, how about changing the script so that as soon as the "window" is broken according to the server, any subsequent jumps at the tower will ALWAYS make it. This will have the side-effect of making it so that no matter how laggy you are to the server, you will always be lagging behind the actual window break and thus as soon as YOU see it breaking on your screen, the final jump will always succeed.

i think the hardest part and glitchiest part is the first spawning platforms, you are basically wasting time standing there waiting for it to spawn, then as it spawns there's some animation delay for a split second

so... if you jumped expecting it to spawn smoothly, but that split second animation delay happens, you will fall right throughan easy fix is to make the first spawning platform a permanent platform :)

@crepuscular.9047 said:i think the hardest part and glitchiest part is the first spawning platforms, you are basically wasting time standing there waiting for it to spawn, then as it spawns there's some animation delay for a split second

so... if you jumped expecting it to spawn smoothly, but that split second animation delay happens, you will fall right throughan easy fix is to make the first spawning platform a permanent platform :)I must have died on those first spawning platforms more often than in any other part of this JP, but I want them to stay exactly as they are. Why? Because in my experience, if there is stuttering when they spawn, this is a reliable indication that client and server are out of sync and that I therefor won't be able to make that final jump at the broken clock face. Conversely, a smoth spawn of those platforms means that, should I make it to the top, the final jump will work just fine.

@Gudy.3607 said:

@"crepuscular.9047" said:i think the hardest part and glitchiest part is the first spawning platforms, you are basically wasting time standing there waiting for it to spawn, then as it spawns there's some animation delay for a split second

so... if you jumped expecting it to spawn smoothly, but that split second animation delay happens, you will fall right throughan easy fix is to make the first spawning platform a permanent platform :)I must have died on those first spawning platforms more often than in any other part of this JP, but I want them to stay exactly as they are. Why? Because in my experience, if there is stuttering when they spawn, this is a reliable indication that client and server are out of sync and that I therefor won't be able to make that final jump at the broken clock face. Conversely, a smoth spawn of those platforms means that, should I make it to the top, the final jump will work just fine.

The final jump works actually, but the jump becomes awkward. You need to jump in the "wall" after the broken clock windows. Then it registers correctly.

But yes, that day I completed the JP 3 times at best. Weird experience.

@SoulSin.5682 said:

@"crepuscular.9047" said:i think the hardest part and glitchiest part is the first spawning platforms, you are basically wasting time standing there waiting for it to spawn, then as it spawns there's some animation delay for a split second

The final jump works actually, but the jump becomes awkward. You need to jump in the "wall" after the broken clock windows. Then it registers correctly.

indeed, one day i get 5 in a single round, another day i fail at every single final jump :\

@crepuscular.9047 said:

@crepuscular.9047 said:i think the hardest part and glitchiest part is the first spawning platforms, you are basically wasting time standing there waiting for it to spawn, then as it spawns there's some animation delay for a split second

indeed, one day i get 5 in a single round, another day i fail at every single final jump :\

Well not really you have to compensate for lag aswell.

@Talindra.4958 said:

@Magolith.9412 said:The part I don't understand is the end.. in all the past years I never had that issue. Maybe my connection is laggier now?

I was at the top
times and couldn't get in the tower, even trying waiting less/more in case they had changed it this year..

Jump straight forward, not towards the hole, that's just an animation/illusion. You actually need to hit the trigger field that is only active if you time it right. Thus Always straight forward even if looks like the door turns away it will trigger.

No.. it's the lag. I made one video showing the jump timer to get it right is ridiculous.. the opening isn't there when you see it there.Have at look near the end of video when I have to jump to match the time lost for ping difference.. @4.39min

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/720563#Comment_720563

Archived