Hall of Monuments - Lounge ??? ... Please

Unfortunately I know this isn't fair, since it would be only accessible to people who bought EotN, but it's something that I would definitely LOVE.If maybe You don't want to offer it for free in GW2, maybe You could sell it as an upgrade for HoM on Black Lion market ( 500-1000 gems).

How about You add everything that other LOUNGES have, into Hall of Monuments ?

Merchants, traders, laurel vendors, mystic forge, crafting stations, etc ...I was just minute ago there making some lovely screenshots, and I felt sad I don't visit that location more often, as it's extremely beautiful!Npc's could be more GW1 characters like 4 already there <3

What do you guys think ?

I'm pretty sure everyone can enter the Hall of Monuments, since the portal stone is available via one of the Skritt NPCs in Lion's Arch.

Personally, I don't think it fits the concept behind the HoM: it's supposed to be a defunct area, partly to show the passage of time and the change of organizations. (The Xunlai chest is empty, the NPCs are gone or ghosts, the structures are lost.)

However, I think it could be fun to have a GW1-themed VIP lounge. Perhaps the Great Temple of Balthazar, as I understand that its priests need to look for new sources of employment these days.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:[...]However, I think it could be fun to have a GW1-themed VIP lounge. Perhaps the Great Temple of Balthazar, as I understand that its priests need to look for new sources of employment these days.

Oh come on, don't do that to me =) I already have 3 VIP-lounge passes and i know i would buy this one for sure.

Joke aside.. it would be really cool. Even with npcs being ghosts to fit the theme.

The Lounges give not only exclusive access to a site with NPCs but also have free waypointing to a playable area of the map for your main and alts without needing to do the story first. Since the game has no playable maps in that part of the world then the Lounge loses one of its two reasons for existence. Selling it with the slogan “Hall of Monuments Lounge Pass. Convenient to nowhere and with NPCs!” might not be a sufficient moneymaker to make it worthwhile.

But there are also players like me that have 0 passes cause other Lounges are ugly and I much prefer solo instance ergo I use Fractals and stay in their courtyard most of the time.I don't like other people runing around when I'm organizing my bank, trades, fashion etc. ( yesterday I leveled crafting in Holbrak cuz LA is currently unplayable/irritating :D )

The fact is that instance/map is already THERE, created, useless... just throw in few npc's as an "upgrade" for 1000 gems ... seems like a good earner. ( for something ALREADY ALMOST DONE and IN GAME)You can buy Living Story season 2 pack, why couldn't you buy Eye of the North welcome package ?

PS. About the free waypoint thing, that's arguably meh ( ie. If you're in LA or anywhere else on the map, you won't use Lilly to get to Istani, you'll just waypoint to Istani -.-" )Or how about just set it so that Asura portal takes you to Aerodome ? (raids)It has Asura portal built in, it's not convenient to nowhere, it's convenient to everywhere.

@"Lillian Wandom Hale.7102" said:But there are also players like me that have 0 passes cause other Lounges are ugly and I much prefer solo instance ergo I use Fractals and stay in their courtyard most of the time.I don't like other people runing around when I'm organizing my bank, trades, fashion etc. ( yesterday I leveled crafting in Holbrak cuz LA is currently unplayable/irritating :D )

The fact is that instance/map is already THERE, created, useless... just throw in few npc's as an "upgrade" for 1000 gems ... seems like a good earner. ( for something ALREADY ALMOST DONE and IN GAME)You can buy Living Story season 2 pack, why couldn't you buy Eye of the North welcome package ?

PS. About the free waypoint thing, that's arguably meh ( ie. If you're in LA or anywhere else on the map, you won't use Lilly to get to Istani, you'll just waypoint to Istani -.-" )Or how about just set it so that Asura portal takes you to Aerodome ? (raids)It has Asura portal built in, it's not convenient to nowhere, it's convenient to everywhere.

1) the waypoints: I guess you missed the part “without needing to do the story first”That’s a biggie if you have a lot of alts and you want to jump them to the new expansion without having to run them through the story Instance over and over and over again.2) convenient to nowhere. In this case I mean no convenient access to new maps. The lounges outside core Tyria have a free waypoint to the new maps. Without this it’s no better than the Royal Terrace Pass or Captain’s Airship and is worse because you don’t have immediate access to a racial city (Royal Terrace) or the ability to glide from it to the map below (Airship). Essentially all that is selling for this location is decor, which is a pretty meagre reason to spend 1000 gems.3) if it’s a Lounge then it’s almost certainly going to be remade as multi player, not solo player. All the other Lounges are multiplayer and that’s what people will be expecting when they buy it. They’re going to want a place they can hang out and talk to others and be seen by others.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@"Lillian Wandom Hale.7102" said:But there are also players like me that have 0 passes cause other Lounges are ugly and I much prefer solo instance ergo I use Fractals and stay in their courtyard most of the time.I don't like other people runing around when I'm organizing my bank, trades, fashion etc. ( yesterday I leveled crafting in Holbrak cuz LA is currently unplayable/irritating :D )

The fact is that
instance/map is already THERE
, created, useless... just throw in few npc's as an "upgrade" for 1000 gems ...
seems like a good earner. ( for something ALREADY ALMOST DONE and IN GAME)
You can buy Living Story season 2 pack, why couldn't you buy
Eye of the North welcome package
?

1) the waypoints: I guess you missed the part “without needing to do the story first”That’s a biggie if you have a lot of alts and you want to jump them to the new expansion without having to run them through the story Instance over and over and over again.2) convenient to nowhere. In this case I mean no convenient access to new maps. The lounges outside core Tyria have a free waypoint to the new maps. Without this it’s no better than the Royal Terrace Pass or Captain’s Airship and is worse because you don’t have immediate access to a racial city (Royal Terrace) or the ability to glide from it to the map below (Airship). Essentially all that is selling for this location is decor, which is a pretty meagre reason to spend 1000 gems.3) if it’s a Lounge then it’s almost certainly going to be remade as multi player, not solo player. All the other Lounges are multiplayer and that’s what people will be expecting when they buy it. They’re going to want a place they can hang out and talk to others and be seen by others.

Awww shit ..

Ok pls don't remake it into Lounge :D

Ps. ( you know there is a thing called teleport to a friend for unlocking maps you're not willing to do story for ? )How to close a thread ?

@Lillian Wandom Hale.7102 said:

@Lillian Wandom Hale.7102 said:But there are also players like me that have 0 passes cause other Lounges are ugly and I much prefer solo instance ergo I use Fractals and stay in their courtyard most of the time.I don't like other people runing around when I'm organizing my bank, trades, fashion etc. ( yesterday I leveled crafting in Holbrak cuz LA is currently unplayable/irritating :D )

The fact is that
instance/map is already THERE
, created, useless... just throw in few npc's as an "upgrade" for 1000 gems ...
seems like a good earner. ( for something ALREADY ALMOST DONE and IN GAME)
You can buy Living Story season 2 pack, why couldn't you buy
Eye of the North welcome package
?

Awww kitten ..

Ok pls don't remake it into Lounge :D

Ps. ( you know there is a thing called teleport to a friend for unlocking maps you're not willing to do story for ? )
How to close a thread ?

Yes I know there’s Teleport to a Friend. However not everyone has those and not everyone has one for each char. In addition it’s not always convenient to get someone to stop what they’re doing and go somewhere so you can port to them, and if you have a lot of alts you have to ask them to sit there and wait while you repeatedly change chars and port to that spot. Considering some people have a lot of alts that can take some time.

I expect not requiring people to do the story on each alt is one of the reasons that ANet has NPCs that sell passes to new Season maps that don’t have a Lounge.

How to close a thread ?

You can “report” your own original post and ask for a thread closure. However it’s early in the morning for them so it will likely be several hours.

There is a poor-person's lounge area, complete the the "return to sender" feature only available in the Mistlock Sanctuary:

Sun's Refuge.

It's features include:

• The only personal instance lounge allowing you to change the music (including a remote-control).
  • Automatically returns you to your previous location when you exit (via UI) or character select.
  • Repair anvil
  • Basic merchant (selling basic tools and five weights of salvage kits)
  • Mini-games
  • A JP-style chest (can be opened once per day)
  • Completely free, after completing half of LS4.4
  • The only instance that has two access scrolls (both free): Spearmarshal's Plea (use it twice to take you closer to the merchant) and the Sun's Refuge Portal Scroll (free after completing the umbrella collection of collections).

Of course it's missing a lot of the basic services (bank, TP, etc). Those are also available in Obsidian Sanctum, which also includes the 'return to sender' feature.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:You still ignored the part about everyone having access to the Hall of Monuments. If it were turned into a Lounge, access would be restricted; then, how would GW1 players access their rewards without a pay-barrier?

That is actually very simple since the HoM is a completely separate instance. The HoM portal stone takes you into one version while the paid item takes you into another.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I'm pretty sure everyone can enter the Hall of Monuments, since the portal stone is available via one of the Skritt NPCs in Lion's Arch.

Personally, I don't think it fits the concept behind the HoM: it's supposed to be a defunct area, partly to show the passage of time and the change of organizations. (The Xunlai chest is empty, the NPCs are gone or ghosts, the structures are lost.)

just a small correction, the Xunlai chest isn't empty, just locked. ;)

@sorudo.9054 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I'm pretty sure everyone can enter the Hall of Monuments, since the portal stone is available via one of the Skritt NPCs in Lion's Arch.

just a small correction, the Xunlai chest isn't empty, just locked. ;)

Right you are. The full description is:

This vault has been sealed with Xunlai magic. An inscription on the lid reads:"Talk to a Xunlai Agent to activate your storage account today!"

It's the one in Sun's Refuge that is, well, perhaps empty still isn't the right word:

The inscription on this lid is scratched and worn. It reads, "...Xunlai... your... today."This chest seems to no longer serve a purpose.

Archived