Core Mesmer in PvE

otto.5684

I have been playing power core mesmer in PvE lately with the meta sword build, substituting chrono with domination. It is not bad, but requires much improvements.

I was tying to think of the best way to improve the build in a way where chrono can be substituted for PvE but the overall damage does not drop by much.

Since dueling is mandatory, this leaves illusion and domination. If either line is buffed too much, it will just be dueling, chrono and whatever line that deals the most damage. If chrono is nerfed, with previous knowledge of Anet class balance changes, it may ions to get power dps to be viable. Though, stream linking the damage to offer more diversity (without an overall nerf) would be ideal.

I wanted to see what other Mesmer players think.

Indeed, it is the biggest issue. This trait is also why Anet nerfed the hell out of phantasm in PvP. But if we outright remove it, dps chrono will be dead, unless of course other changes are made.

I think the best option for chrono is to give you better tools for slow uptime on target by: making Time Split inflict 1 sec slow per clone shattered. Lost time and danger time change positions. Lost time is gained every three critics. Chronophantasm becomes more of PvP trait, by providing phantasm 1 sec of destortion and inflicting 3 sec slow on targets they hit.

For the other trait lines, domination, fragility trait, should increase the damage from 0.5% per stack of vulnerablility to 1% (PvE only). I dunno what would be the best options for illusion. I think reversing compounding power need in PvE will be fine if chronophantasm is adjusted.

I cannot exactly predict the magnitude of these changes. The goal is to have overall damage remain the same as now. At the same time make any combination of chrono, domination and illusion deal around the same damage, while dueling remains the fixed line.

Archived