[Suggestion] Add Friend chat /fmsg

Lestat.7056

It works flawlessly for another game I like (CIT from MTASA), a chat all your mutual friends can see (friends that added you and you added them)

you may say it would cause confusion because you cant see who your friend is replying to, but it works flawlessly for the game mentioned above and I really "miss" it :p

Seems like it would be a lot of work on devs end and checks by the system, that can be accomplished by joining a guild....and if you only use it to chat, you pay 1g (nothing in the long run) only for a lot of functionality. You can easily add in people to the chat by adding them to guild, which also extends to alt accounts of friends who may find it tedious to add their friends and all their alts accounts everytime a new one is created. Only downside is it takes a guild slot, but then you'd probably be better off asking for more guild slots IMO.

Either you are not fully describing the other game's feature or it's an awful mess.

A and B are mutual friendsB and C are mutual friends

B says something so both A and C seesA replies but only B sees it since C is not a friend with AC replies but only B sees it since A is not a friend with CA and C both end up seeing half a conversation.This can obviously be fixed by having A and C friend each other but by applying https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_degrees_of_separation the end state will be everyone being "friends" with everyone else and what you have is essentially a global chat.

well, 5 votes casted in not the whole community, so maybe other ppl are interested. Personally, I befriended players for different reasons: someone met during some dungeon, some other player with a free account and we had to be mutual friends to whisper, some other much older friend that I already knew before GW2...Such a chat would be useless for me because they have nothing in common, even if they are all on my (short) friend list, so I'd have nothing to say to all of them at the same time. If we all shared the same interests, we'd probably have created a guild, as Lexi said, with more controls to who's talking to. But it's just me.If they add the colours when you click on the > to select the chat, I'm fine, otherwise it's already a quite long list to read quickly.

@"Khisanth.2948" said:Either you are not fully describing the other game's feature or it's an awful mess.

B says something so both A and C seesA replies but only B sees it since C is not a friend with AC replies but only B sees it since A is not a friend with CA and C both end up seeing half a conversation.This can obviously be fixed by having A and C friend each other but by applying https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_degrees_of_separation the end state will be everyone being "friends" with everyone else and what you have is essentially a global chat.

I already said about the "confuision" of people not seeing who you replying to. But it works flawlessly for that other game, people get used to, and its a nice feature :)

@Lestat.7056 said:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:Either you are not fully describing the other game's feature or it's an awful mess.

B says something so both A and C seesA replies but only B sees it since C is not a friend with AC replies but only B sees it since A is not a friend with CA and C both end up seeing half a conversation.This can obviously be fixed by having A and C friend each other but by applying
the end state will be everyone being "friends" with everyone else and what you have is essentially a global chat.

I already said about the "confuision" of people not seeing who you replying to. But it works flawlessly for that other game, people get used to, and its a nice feature :)

I could also assert that a dull knife is perfect and flawless. Doesn't mean it is.

Archived