Why can't we infuse polylumiscent undulating refractors with wvw infusions?

DemonSeed.3528

Hell yes, this is one of the things that bothers me most in terms of gear.

Wish they could streamline agony and % damage to guards into a single infusion instead of having to use a whole second set of gear for fractals...

Agony is a stupid contrived gating mechanic that serves no other purpose than a gold sink to access higher tier fractals, and has no use anywhere else in game. I've never liked it.

But at the very least there should be a vendor in wvw that can exchange all cosmetic infusions containing agony resistance for wvw infusions. Keep them tradeable on the TP and have it be a direct 1:1 exchange so they should have equal value.

@Curunen.8729 said:Hell yes, this is one of the things that bothers me most in terms of gear.

Wish they could streamline agony and % damage to guards into a single infusion instead of having to use a whole second set of gear for fractals...

Agony is a stupid contrived gating mechanic that serves no other purpose than a gold sink to access higher tier fractals, and has no use anywhere else in game. I've never liked it.

But at the very least there should be a vendor in wvw that can exchange all cosmetic infusions containing agony resistance for wvw infusions. Keep them tradeable on the TP and have it be a direct 1:1 exchange so they should have equal value.

That sounds like a good idea actually.

Yes! @DemonSeed.3528 this is something I too wondered about and wished for (initially in my mind at least lol). I take the same stance as @"Shinjiko.1352" though. Just not the given example, sorry. Only because Winters Presence and Scarf both hold the value of being "shoulder skins". Therefore cannot stack. Though, I wish they did too in a sense. If only Winters Presence itself was an infusion instead of a shoulder skin. One could only dream =)

Let's be honest... people are not taking these kind of infusions for their specific stats. Not anywhere nearly as much as they are for the looks. I'm fine with them giving stats, but I think the true beauty, so to speak, has always been in the looks.

Two infusions I own and I love personally are https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Moto%27s_Unstable_Bauble_Infusion:_Blue & https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Moto%27s_Unstable_Bauble_Infusion:_Red. I had to spend a good amount and beat SAB Tribulation Mode (Example: dulfy.net/2013/09/07/gw2-tribulation-mode-super-adventure-box-guide/) on repeat many times to earn the right to those infusions ultimately. Over 2 years ago or so. I enjoyed it overall don't get me wrong. Though, going through all that and not being able to show it off quickly/consistently; Ultimately hassle free (like Wardrobe would otherwise allow). Across some of my multiple characters, at a time. Personally feel's like it's Devaluing the Time and Effort I spent for them. That is, to be completely honest.

I'm not gonna spend time, expressing seemingly unnecessary deep thought with extra examples here. As it should be fairly obvious to see why the "Wardrobe" makes the most sense imo. @"Shinjiko.1352" gave the biggest reason why already... "This way you can use them in all game modes and wear what you want with them".

@Justine.6351 said:Don't quote me but I am pretty sure the poly infusions are pve infusions and afaik wvw isn't pve.

! Something about not adding more visual mess to mask tells on skill animations.

The grey one shows up for me in wvw, unless they're only viewable by the player. It even works on tonic transforms like kodan and olmakhan.

Edit - for the record I don't know about other infusions - maybe some are disabled entirely.

Archived