[Suggestion] Means to convert +4 attribute infusions into +5 ones

I'm not against the idea (although I stand to gain nothing either way). I doubt, however, it's going to get much attention from ANet. The infusions still have utility and it's among the lesser issues for people gearing up.

@Ashantara.8731 said:Before I had access to Fractal and WvW attribute infusions, I spent tons of Laurels on the simple +4 ones. Now I would love to have some means added by which I can convert them into +5 attribute infusions in the Mystic Forge.I think the biggest obstacle is it would require someone to figure out & run simulations for a 'fair' conversion method. Otherwise, it becomes a tool for converting laurels (a login reward) to fractal-relic equivalents (a dungeon reward). I'm sure you & I could think of half dozen plus plausible recipes, but at ANet, they'd have to consider the goals of each currency, second economic effects (if people aren't spending relics, if they are spending on something else), and various other factors that aren't at all obvious to us as 'mere' players.

Put another way: the infusions remain useful & they already sunk currency from your wallet (as intended). The only thing that changed is your interests, not the game. So there's no 'problem' that needs to be fixed, and this becomes a high-effort/low-value exercise.

This has been asked before:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/34442/suggestion-a-converting-method-for-4-infusions-pleaseSince we can convert the +5 ones from one attribute into another, why is there no method to do the same with the +4 ones?andhttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/40924/please-make-pve-laurel-infusions-attribute-5since the WvW infusions (which have an additional WvW bonus) require 5 laurels, too, plus some badges of honor (which provide an additional WvW bonus), why can't the simple PvE laurel infusions (which cost the same amount of laurels) be attribute +5 as well (instead of just +4)?and (from another poster)https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/30003/why-are-pve-infusions-4If you do WVW you get +5 and a bonus against certain NPCs. The PVE version does not have the bonus and the stat bump goes down. Granted, it is only +1/infusion, but if PVE is your only option for getting them would it not make sense to have them +5 like their corresponding ones in wvw? Even if the cost was a couple of laurels more?

The only dev response I've seen is as follows. Although it's about WvW infusions, the same logic probably applies.

Q:
Is there any way to add a WvW Infusion refunder for laurels since the new infusions slots now allow for any type of infusion, the defensive infusions are pretty useless now.](
)
A:
No plans for that. Those infusions are still functional, even if they're not meta, and refunding laurels is tricky because those can convert to gold.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:The infusions still have utility and it's among the lesser issues for people gearing up.

It is a big issue to me, since I have tons of them. They were bought before I knew about WvW laurel infusions. (And it's one of the reasons I am low on laurels these days. ;) )

@Linken.6345 said:Dident they add laurel infusions after the fractal ones so how did you not have access to them?

Because I had not played Fractals, thus did not have the means to buy them?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:The infusions still have utility and it's among the lesser issues for people gearing up.

It is a big issue to me, since I have tons of them.Sure, it's a big issue to you. That's not the same as being a big issue for the community. The infusions still provide utility, it's just that you want a different utility now. ANet's attitude on this has been consistent: with plenty of time to enjoy them, there's no particular reason to figure out new uses for old stuff.

They were bought before I knew about WvW laurel infusions.They've been in the game since at least June 2013.

(And it's one of the reasons I am low on laurels these days. ;) )Which is actually a reason why ANet wouldn't want to find a different use for them. They expect us to make hard choices about how we want to spend laurels: shinies, gold, or utility, not all of them.

Look: I do understand your interest. It's not a crazy idea to want to repurpose stuff that no longer meets your current needs. I'm hoping to offer insight as to why that isn't a priority to ANet.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Look: I do understand your interest. It's not a crazy idea to want to repurpose stuff that no longer meets your current needs. I'm hoping to offer insight as to why that isn't a priority to ANet.

Do you work at ArenaNet? If not, you can't speak for them.

I would consider the option to upgrade the +4 infusions in the MF a QoL update, and I am certain I'm not the only one.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Look: I do understand your interest. It's not a crazy idea to want to repurpose stuff that no longer meets your current needs. I'm hoping to offer insight as to why that isn't a priority to ANet.

Do you work at ArenaNet? If not, you can't speak for them.Please read more carefully. I'm not
speaking
for them. I'm offering you insight into why your seemingly-reasonable request isn't likely to be a priority. If you want, you can ignore my analysis and ANet's actual comments on the topic (and their prior responses to similar situations). It won't change the outcome in the least; it can only change how you feel about it.

I would consider the option to upgrade the +4 infusions in the MF a QoL update, and I am certain I'm not the only one.It is a QoL upgrade. I'm sure there are others who feel the same. Not every reasonable idea is best for the game as a whole; not every good idea is important to work on before all the other good ideas that folks have.

Archived