Halloween festival ideas

Bast.7253

Just posting a quick couple of ideas I had to add to our yearly Halloween festival.

Idea 1: Trap doors in the Labyrnth that work similarly to the pits in Silverwastes. All of a sudden the floor collapse and you fall into a giant pitch black tomb with only one spot light where the floor just collapsed. The original idea for this was to be a gauntlet where mobs constantly spawn from all sides out of the darkness and walk towards the spotlight. You and the others are either trapped in the gauntlet for a certain amount of time or have a specific number of boss waves to kill before it automatically ports you up out of the crypt.

Idea 2: Pretty similar to the first, but with the gauntlet just being a queued event similar to Reaper's Rumble and Inquisition. You can simply queue for this gauntlet or perhaps even have a dungeon-crawl type system where you have a series of gauntlets through the pitch black tomb until you reach your way out.

The idea of a queueable gauntlet just sounded appealing to me because in the end, that's really all the Labynrth boils down to anyway. Plus I feel like the whole total darkness thing was always something Guild Wars 2 did really well in the few places it has been used, i.e. Snowblind fractal forest, Obsidian Sanctum, and a few other places. Wish it was used a bit more and Halloween seems like the perfect event to add it in without infuriating the playerbase that may have had reservations about that type of design.

Archived