Anet decides to nerf 3 specializations and buff 3 specializations.

TheBravery.9615

What they should nerf: Holosmith, Mirage, Soulbeast

What they will realistically do? Probably only minor, inconsequential shaves to Mirage and Holo. Soulbeast will probably be the next monkey spec for awhile because it takes them 6 months to address overtuned specs. In addition, there will probably be some token buffs to underused specs that don't change anything. Once every 5 balance patches they'll actually put some decent buffs into a spec that causes it to be viable but not meta. The meta will see almost no change at the end of the day.

Weaver sustain is a bit overperforming, so we decided to shave its damage output by 38%. Additionnaly we'll increase cooldown of riptide and earthen vortex by 2s. Some skills are still underused, so we felt increasing shatterstone by 17% would bring more diversity and help dps specs.

Spellbreaker: adjusted tooltip to match actual effects of full counter. FC is now permanent and can be activated anytime.

Back on topic:

Nerf: Weaver, Firebrand, DruidBuff: Deadeye, Holosmith, ReaperUntouched: Scourge, Mirage, Spellbreaker

Edit: oh forgot about Revenant. Nevermind.

If it's a balance change on the scale of the last patch, I'd say:Nerf: core necro (They are probably still not fine tuned for the recent change to death perception), core elementalist (due to some unknown potential in air magic), spellbreaker (move unblockable effect of full counter onto revenge counter and move bonus damage of revenge counter onto Attacker insight while reducing this bonus to 15%)Buff: herald (bug fix), core ranger (bear patch, Bear skill bite now have 200 range instead of 130), core engineer (increase no scope ferocity bonus to 180 from 150)

It's obvious that Holosmith, Mirage, and Deadeye are the most powerful classes at the moment. Anybody who says different probably plays one.

Hard to pick for buff. I'm not sure Scrapper and Ele need a buff unless they sacrifice sustain for it, and have no idea about Revenant at all. No other classes need buffing AFAIK.

Nerf: Firebrand, Holosmith, Mirage. How has nobody ITT even entertained the possibility that Firebrand is still too good a support? I know nobody can tell because this game has devolved into solo queue for the most part, outside one day a month. Honestly, if I were only picking three professions, the nerfs I would suggest to those 3 would not be large.. just shaves.

Buff: Tempest, Scrapper, Ventari Herald.

Supports should be uniquely useful and good in different scenarios, or vs. different damage types.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:Theres a sick and twisted side of me that wishes anet buffed Mirage, Holo, Dead Eye and SpellBreaker as requested.

There is no request, the setup is: Anet decide to nerf 3 specializations and and buff 3 specializations, which one will it be? The question is not: which specializations need nerf or buff, chose 3 of each.

What?That clearly went over your head.

@Chaith.8256 said:Nerf: Firebrand, Holosmith, Mirage. How has nobody ITT even entertained the possibility that Firebrand is still too good a support? I know nobody can tell because this game has devolved into solo queue for the most part, outside one day a month. Honestly, if I were only picking three professions, the nerfs I would suggest to those 3 would not be large.. just shaves.

Buff: Tempest, Scrapper, Ventari Herald.

Supports should be uniquely useful and good in different scenarios, or vs. different damage types.

Its hard to co-ordinate with randoms in solo queue... Being the support usually means following your team off point or being left alone on a point.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Chaith.8256 said:Nerf:
Firebrand, Holosmith, Mirage.
How has nobody ITT even entertained the possibility that Firebrand is still too good a support? I know nobody can tell because this game has devolved into solo queue for the most part, outside one day a month. Honestly, if I were only picking three professions, the nerfs I would suggest to those 3 would not be large.. just shaves.

Buff:
Tempest, Scrapper, Ventari Herald.

Its hard to co-ordinate with randoms in solo queue... Being the support usually means following your team off point or being left alone on a point.

Yeah, that was my point as well - Solo queue leaves the skilled support playstyle utterly high and dry. However, I think its an area of the game that should be priority to balance, even if only 20 players are forming teams and somewhat playing correctly.

Archived