My Boonbeast solo roaming build.

whoknocks.4935

Hey guys,

recently played for the first time ranger, and decided to try it out the Soulbeast specialization, I felt in love with the profession already and decided to main it in pvp and wvw roaming.It is not as easy as it seems, many keybinds are needed for a fast pet swap, pet abilities, correct use of combo fields.

I started using the standard longbow/greatsword metabattle roaming build, nothing to say, it is a strong build, and in the hands of a good ranger it is very deadly, but imo it is a noob stomper build, most the times you camp longbow and win, but against experienced players in my opinion gets outplayed easily, especially the people who doesn't "fall" and attack into your greatsword block at melee range.

So I decided to make my own build taking inspiration for the pvp boonbeast variant.

Here's the build:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQRBHPxG2JhKQHvYDvg/KALvYZSwaCANgJQeu93ecdicXuMXJOsI-j1xHABAcSAeX9HlPCAMpEM89H6R533PAQ/w7gDgtqVtqVwWbt1WbtVDo1Wbt1Wbt1WbtVZAqGDA-w

Even tho you run mara/zerk stats, the build is very sustaining, while you have protection and regeneration on you, plus signet of renewal and if you want holographic super cake food, you heal for about 400-500hp every second, matching almost adrenaline health of warriors, and if you use the healing skill, that's a lot of heal every second.

Axe/axe is the main burst set you have, sword/warhorn is the defensive set and setting up burst set.

Signet of renewal is optional and can be replaced either for lighting reflexes or quickening zephyr, but I like the signet better if i get instanly condi bombed or when i need the health regen while kiting.

Moa stance and dolyak stance are mandatory, moa stance should be activated before key skills such as Plasma from siamoth, or before dolyak stance, or for sustain throught protection.

The elite One wolf pack adds a lot to the burst, and comboed with warhorn4 or axe5 adds a lot of damage. You can replace with strength of the pack if you need extra stab.

Holographic super cake imo is best food to use, it should regen another 85hp every second plus 30% endurance regen, which is needed because dodges apply protection and while have protection you receive the healing over time.The food is hella expensive, the alternative is the standard dodge food Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew, or the cheaper version of it.

Owl and Siamoth are the pets to go, owl provides very good kiting mobility and some heal and resistance which comes in handy a lot.Siamoth is the plasma object seeker xD and plus beastmode abilities are pretty good as well.You can replace siamoth for smokescale and take unstoppable union in traitline and still have good results.

Your worse enemies are condi players, even tho you can survive quite a bit of condis, when you run out of steel, condis just melt you, another pretty good counter I found is power shiro herald which can burst you pretty quicky without much counterplay, s/d thieves are a tough fight only if they are good, otherwise usually a good landed cc and axe5 oneshot them xD.

During fights is generally better camping siamoth or smokescale, and switch to owl only if you know you have to run away and regen health, but for fights you are winning just camp siamoth or smokescale, since you don't run beastmastery you won't have any trait benefits from swapping pets, unless of course you see your pet is about to die to prevent the 60 seconds cd.

My build could be not the best around, but it's hella fun and a fresh air from the eternal longbow ranger.

I would like to see your feedback and maybe if you see some improvements.

I wouldn't bother addind toughness gear or concentration gear, you will end up giving up too much damage.

@JezzaLeo.6704 said:Thanks for sharing this build! I'm definitely going to try it out. I also love axe/axe. Question - with signet of renewal, when you pull those conditions to your pet while merged with it, what happens to them?

When you merge i don't think you pull condis from him to you, signet of renewal is there to help with hp regen which is quite high when you have protection on and plus using tye warhorn traitline when you are under regeneration you get even extra healing per second.

Later when i get home i wanna try switch the trinkets to celestial, to get more toughness and healing and even some little condi damage, i think it would be a good improvement.

IMO, going full marauder + zerk is not the right choice here for this kind of build, and signet of renewal is not worth the slot just for 62 heal/sec. Signet of Stone will save you a lot in WvW because of outnumbered fights or people jumping on you from no where. Unlike Spvp, where you know there are only 5 players against you and you can pay close attention to your surrounding. I'd take Signet of Stone or a Stun break there.

Just to put in perspective its 62 heal/sec, which in 10 sec heals you for 620. That isn't even an auto attack in WvW, people will hit you for 2k on autos.

@Lynnie.7213 said:IMO, going full marauder + zerk is not the right choice here for this kind of build, and signet of renewal is not worth the slot just for 62 heal/sec. Signet of Stone will save you a lot in WvW because of outnumbered fights or people jumping on you from no where. Unlike Spvp, where you know there are only 5 players against you and you can pay close attention to your surrounding. I'd take Signet of Stone or a Stun break there.

Just to put in perspective its 62 heal/sec, which in 10 sec heals you for 620. That isn't even an auto attack in WvW, people will hit you for 2k on autos.

But summing up the heal of signet of renewal plus healing from food plus healing when you have protection on plus healing when you have regeneration on plus regeneration it's quite a bit of healing in the total.And plus signet of renewal is a stunbreak itself and if you get condi bombed and didn't expected it, it's not that bad to pop and re adjust yourself.

But yeah i am experimenting trying to find a fun build to see, personally i dont like stacking up toughness, dura runes are enough for me and rest i prefer mara and zerk.

I think boonbeast works better as 1vs1 duel build and less good as roaming build, maybe lb/gs build is superior at roaming, but i feel gets outplayed easier i dont know.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@Lynnie.7213 said:IMO, going full marauder + zerk is not the right choice here for this kind of build, and signet of renewal is not worth the slot just for 62 heal/sec. Signet of Stone will save you a lot in WvW because of outnumbered fights or people jumping on you from no where. Unlike Spvp, where you know there are only 5 players against you and you can pay close attention to your surrounding. I'd take Signet of Stone or a Stun break there.

But summing up the heal of signet of renewal plus healing from food plus healing when you have protection on plus healing when you have regeneration on plus regeneration it's quite a bit of healing in the total.And plus signet of renewal is a stunbreak itself and if you get condi bombed and didn't expected it, it's not that bad to pop and re adjust yourself.

But yeah i am experimenting trying to find a fun build to see, personally i dont like stacking up toughness, dura runes are enough for me and rest i prefer mara and zerk.

I think boonbeast works better as 1vs1 duel build and less good as roaming build, maybe lb/gs build is superior at roaming, but i feel gets outplayed easier i dont know.

yea boonbeast is great at 1v1, even 1v2. But in WvW the open field really change things, I think LB/GS is superior for roaming as well.

@Lynnie.7213 said:

yea boonbeast is great at 1v1, even 1v2. But in WvW the open field really change things, I think LB/GS is superior for roaming as well.

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Can't wait to see another video of you, druid or soulbeast it doesn't matter, always good content :D

@whoknocks.4935 said:

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Can't wait to see another video of you, druid or soulbeast it doesn't matter, always good content :D

Np, mate, and thanks. :)I usually play druid in WvW now, few times i play soulbeast but is more for ganking in a high damage build when i get bored and i am not getting jumped by 10 players constantly in a particular day, which is tough to find nowsday.

Archived