Scourge build

smoker.6731

HiI have crafted full Viper gear to follow the trend to build meta condi scourge build, and I have also recently crafted scepter. And now I am confused what should I do next? Or what build to follow. I mainly focus on PvP(which is no problem) and PvE which includes mostly fractals, world boss, and map completion.I would like to know what build I should follow? Some says make build given in Snowcrows site and so I did, I infused all my armor with renegade rune, Malice sigil in my Viper scepter. Should I skip staff and go directly to torch and put torch on different hand? Do I need staff for PvE? I also looked up at metabattle for pve build but I am not really fan of condi minion master.

For PvE you do not need a staff, at least not for condi Scourge. Having just the Scepter and Torch is fine for now (and down the line having a warhorn can also be helpful for a bit of extra CC at CC heavy fights, though this is optional and "requires" having a torch with a bursting sigil instead of a geomancy one).

For PvE I use 3 equipment sets; berserker, viper, and a healing stat.

• Berserker for solo play; it has the highest burst capacity.
  • Viper for most group dps; it has the highest sustained (and practical) dps.
  • Healing stat (mix with dps as needed) for open world and instanced PUGs that need more help than just BM or barrier can provide. Only use as much healing and/or vitality equipment as your group/squad/zerg needs.

Staff still has a few, specific, PvE event uses, primarily for tagging. Marks are like traps. You can use marks and wells (shouts and punishments are generally horribad for damage) in several Orr events. Necrotic Grasp's pircing can be used to tag a mob train in the Melandru pre-event as they transition from invulnerable. Other than that, staff is better at being annoying in WvW and PvP. In PvE, I normally take axe, now, in place of staff. For single targets in PvE, axe/focus or axe/horn is a better kick-to-the-head burst before closing range. Cleave can come from Epi, wells, or CPC rather than marks.

In PvE, especially open world, I build for burst potential. I know, before everyone hammers me for it, that Necro burst is trash but that is how I build, or try to. Look toward trait interactions. They have been improved over time.

Archived