Gray Reverberating Infusion

Hearing about the new infusions, I was pretty stoked.Saw the red one; absolutely awesome looking.Purple, (more so blue) was pretty cool looking too!The only one I didn't see around LA was the gray one, so I decided to shell out some gold to buy one.

Now I realized why I didn't see it. You practically have to facehug your toon with the camera, squint to see or fidget with the angles just to see the effect.

Out of the three infusions, this one was the most underwhelming. I actually questioned if I even slotted it properly for a while since I saw no notable effect.The only one that made it somewhat visible was my toon decked out in all white, which was still pretty subtle and subpar in notability.Saw a few around jokingly call it the "Borderlands Infusion" as it basically only adds a small black outline.Doesn't even stack/blend with other infusions to make it pop more to at least possibly make mixing worth it.

Any chance we can see this get some more love in 'intensity' or perhaps changed to a different colour? White would even be better in this case, having a subtle glow/sheen.

@Blocki.4931 said:As with other infusions, maybe you can stack them to increase intensity?

From what I've seen with others, it doesn't much much if anything at all. Looked at the Phosphorous one and didn't see any difference. This one seems to cling to armor and skin edges rather than a direct hue like the other refactors do. (Which I heard do not stack with it.)

The grey one is my favourite cosmetic infusion because it's subtle. Glad it seems to be the least popular going by the cheaper TP prices compared with red and purple. Makes it more affordable than most cosmetic infusions.

Gives a nice shaded outline which at certain angles looks awesome.

@"Talonblaze.3175" said:Saw a few around jokingly call it the "Borderlands Infusion" as it basically only adds a small black outline.

Very appropriate comparison.

Honestly, I just want to know if ANET has plans to tweek this or not? Are they satisfied with how it looks? Because in all honesty, you can see when someone is using the purple or red, but not the grey, and isn't that the point? If it's not noticeable....why bother equipping it?

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"Talonblaze.3175" said:Saw a few around jokingly call it the "Borderlands Infusion" as it basically only adds a small black outline.

Honestly, I just want to know if ANET has plans to tweek this or not? Are they satisfied with how it looks? Because in all honesty, you can see when someone is using the purple or red, but not the grey, and isn't that the point? If it's not noticeable....why bother equipping it?

Well, im using it for the +5 condition damage as they are much cheaper than the other infusions, i really dont want the appearance change that goes with it and if there was a way to remove the appearance change or disable it id be happy, and regular +5s are stupidly expensive, if they change it ill end up selling them and go back to not having any +5s, which would be awful as well.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

Maybe not from very far away but I can see the effect on my character clearly.

It's nice when using bright dye colours as it makes them pop a bit more and stand out against the background. Yes it might not be "natural" with the borderlands style outline, but I like the subtle shading. :)iFas2ai.png

Archived