xxxxxxxxxx

Flandre.2870

Daggerstorm could be interrupted by warding effect(only guardian) which is realistically impossible to land on DS theif or shocking aura (ele mainhand dagger).I dont know who decided to buff it and give : high damage that bounce between enemies many times ,reflect , 4s evade that realistically cant be interrupted and that elite can be recharged from improvisation ...Ever seen 2-3 daggerstorms in a 'duel' ?Wont be fixed/changed etc. Enjoy daggerstorms lul

Thief is known to be crappiest 1v1. If you are losing to a thief there is something wrong.. the only class a thief shld be killing efficiently is power mes.

Daggerstorm recharge time is 90 seconds.. 90 seconds... U also don't have to stand in the dagger storm. Just dodge away and wait for it to end. He's not going to be able to resuse it on you again. And if he is. You are taking too long.

Go play a thief and find that even with steal. Your damage is far less than every class. Literally every class.

@"tinyreborn.1938" said:Daggerstorm could be interrupted by warding effect(only guardian) which is realistically impossible to land on DS theif or shocking aura (ele mainhand dagger).I dont know who decided to buff it and give : "high damage" that bounce between enemies many times ,reflect , 4s evade that realistically cant be interrupted and that elite can be recharged from improvisation ...Ever seen 2-3 daggerstorms in a 'duel' ?Wont be fixed/changed etc. Enjoy daggerstorms lul

In wvw with 3000 power and 210 crit dmg ds hits enemy glass for 3k max. That's not high dmg.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@"tinyreborn.1938" said:Daggerstorm could be interrupted by warding effect(only guardian) which is realistically impossible to land on DS theif or shocking aura (ele mainhand dagger).I dont know who decided to buff it and give : "high damage" that bounce between enemies many times ,reflect , 4s evade that realistically cant be interrupted and that elite can be recharged from improvisation ...Ever seen 2-3 daggerstorms in a 'duel' ?Wont be fixed/changed etc. Enjoy daggerstorms lul

In wvw with 3000 power and 210 crit dmg ds hits enemy glass for 3k max. That's not high dmg.On me its does 2-2.2k and given how fast it hits and range of the bounce thats high . Add to it random rapid fire/static discharge or something like that = suicide.One daggerstorm ? Okay ,fine ,once per 90s ... ok... But not 2 in a row or 3 in one 'duel' .To reach proper level of absurd anet need only to give 'peak performance' trait that reduce rampage cd by 10s on any landed CC :D

you can stop dagger storm with:shocking auraline of warding / ring of warding / hunter's ward (this last one is the least reliablespectral wallhunter's verdict (you need to land spear of justice before storm and then at any point while the thief is chained you can pull to stop the storm)magebane tether (same way as hunter's verdict)alternatively you can just pop a projectile destruction / reflection and ignore the storm; such skills include but not limited to: swirling winds, defense field, feedback, winds of disenchantment, whirling defense, magnetic aura, sublime conversion, ect..Dagger storm is blockable and thief has no way to make it unblockable, and at longer range (600 and above) you can strafe dodge the daggers.

Oh and one more thing, thief is a roamer not a duelist, there are only a few builds that legitimately lose to a thief 1 vs 1 (not counting getting jumped while you are recovering from another fight). If you die because a thief is constantly resetting (this only applies to wvw) that is on you, the correct way to deal with this is to turn the other way and run so that you reset as well and the thief needs to spend initiative to catch back up and in so doing starts the fight at a disadvantage (dead eye is a different story, but no one will deny that elite spec is warped by design).

@foste.3098 said:Smol breakdown to what you wrote :! > shocking aura! shocking aura belong to eles on CC trait in air traitline that nobody playing (or playing on low rating) , mainhand dagger core ele (tempest?). I dont even want to mention traited AED that also nobody use for obvious reasons.

! > line of warding / ring of warding / hunter's ward (this last one is the least reliable! Once you press line of warding you cant retarget that skill what is making it close impossible to land on spinning thief with 100% movement increase.! Ring of warding doesnt stop thief from spinning . To actually stop DS he must walk himself into warding effect. Both skills cast about 1 second ?! Hunters ward casting 2.75s iirc ? Warding ring cannot be created on anyone who is 'evading' ... Like daggerstorm for example....................! >spectral wall! Who the hell playing that skill ? Right, no one.! >and at longer range (600 and above) you can strafe dodge the daggers.! Never seen thieves using it from 600+ range, even so they can steal/shadowstep + thrown daggers apply cripple and he moving 100% faster! >hunter's verdict (you need to land spear of justice before storm and then at any point while the thief is chained you can pull to stop the storm)! You need to LAND spear first and wait until he use it,but if he wont use it and just break distance of your spear? MB tether need to be landed first but in this case you must break distance while being crippled and thief being sped up.! >alternatively you can just pop a projectile destruction / reflection and ignore the storm; such skills include but not limited to: swirling winds, defense field, feedback, winds of disenchantment, whirling defense, magnetic aura, sublime conversion, ect..! From reflections and projectile destructions on meta builds I recognize axe5 on ranger , staff5 on druid . Firebrand f3 tome (which means he should instaopen tome and bubble DS)tldr - No real counters ,just eat DS and be happy.Best part of this clownstorm is that can randomly being recharged from improvisation and contest point. Remove ability to completely recharge it and I'm fine with it((As OP I dont pretend this thing is unblockable.And he ask why its unreflectable ...because thief is evading and dont care what you do at all))

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@DemonSeed.3528 said:If they are getting dagger storm 2-3 times from improvisation alone I want them to give me a lottery number, that's pretty lucky.

So what, if we use 2 weapon bars skills we can only auto attack with our wet noodle.

Gitgudboi

What? You aren't actually making any sense in relation to my post.

you're right. i missed the "if"

haha

we need that luck

Archived