Reaper is the worst spvp class I've ever played. Went 0-16 today, felt great.

Farkon.2170

Reaper is the worst spvp class I've ever played. Went 0-16 today, felt great.

"An inexorable force on the battlefield, the reaper empowers itself enough to wield a cleaving greatsword to harvest its foes."Yet I'm the one being harvested.Everyone kites me despite taking every anti kiting talentEveryone Blocks/Evades/Teleports away from me.Everyone hunts me down when I go into reaper form.Everyone that has decent range utter owns me completely.Can't even go toe to toe with most other melee.Shouts don't work sometimes, including elites.

I mean seriously? I tried every build imaginable, even this weird max hp build that still does decent damage when the opponent is finally out of guards/evades/invulns/etc., but it's still not enough.

What is this class that has the coolest concept ever and it's utter trash in spvp? Why?I can't possibly be that bad. I've never been so frustrated in my life trying to make this work.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Farkon.2170" said:Reaper is the worst spvp class I've ever played. Went 0-16 today, felt great.

I can't possibly be that bad. I've never been so frustrated in my life trying to make this work.

Bad positioning and other things... I feel like this is a troll??? because I even see some rather good people on your unranked team.

@"sephiroth.4217" said:Are you NA? If you are, hit me up in game if you want and I can try and help ya out.

Or you can try this video, I'm not the best example but it's better than 0-16, build is in video and maybe swap out assassin for the toughness ferocity ammy

Sorry, but that's some potato quality video :(

But yeah I'm curious on why assassin over zerker, I usually use zerker and honestly assassins just overkills crit chance.

Everyone hunts me down when I go into reaper form.

That's like... very much the opposite of what people do... it's common knowledge to kite when a reaper uses shroud. In fact in your video right there, you enter shroud and the warrior begins to begins kites away..

It's just kind of a silly play you did. you had what, 5k total hp left and decided to chase the warrior when they kited?

Don't blame the class if you don't have a hang of the mechanics. Smh

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:Are you NA? If you are, hit me up in game if you want and I can try and help ya out.

Or you can try this video, I'm not the best example but it's better than 0-16, build is in video and maybe swap out assassin for the toughness ferocity ammy

Sorry, but that's some potato quality video :(

But yeah I'm curious on why assassin over zerker, I usually use zerker and honestly assassins just overkills crit chance.

I run a few different amulets and crits are fun

@"Farkon.2170" said:Reaper is the worst spvp class I've ever played. Went 0-16 today, felt great.

"An inexorable force on the battlefield, the reaper empowers itself enough to wield a cleaving greatsword to harvest its foes."Yet I'm the one being harvested.Everyone kites me despite taking every anti kiting talentEveryone Blocks/Evades/Teleports away from me.Everyone hunts me down when I go into reaper form.Everyone that has decent range utter owns me completely.Can't even go toe to toe with most other melee.Shouts don't work sometimes, including elites.

I mean seriously? I tried every build imaginable, even this weird max hp build that still does decent damage when the opponent is finally out of guards/evades/invulns/etc., but it's still not enough.

What is this class that has the coolest concept ever and it's utter trash in spvp? Why?I can't possibly be that bad. I've never been so frustrated in my life trying to make this work.

Getting caught in a 1v1 with a SB was a mistake. Mechanically you did quite well, including getting him to drop off the ledge then Walking back up, but at that point you should've tried to get back to the teamfight. In terms of your positioning, you went away from your team in an attempt to win a losing 1v1 situation. If you had been back near the FB then you would've been able to focus him and maybe your team would've stomped before you got stomped.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:Aren't people asking for reaper to be nerfed?

Didn't it actually just GET nerfed because lesser spinal shivers was exploding people for half their hp?

In case you want another laugh today (aside from one you got from the defiant stance being OP thread), look at OP's video - he played a Reaper, chased a SB offnode instead of working with his teammates to down the FB, got kited when he went into shroud (and complained that he got kited), used Shroud 4 on the SB using shield stance (and hence giving the SB ~10 stacks of might), and attempted to chase the SB again when he's at 6k HP instead of going back with his teammates who were right in front of him, and then got killed by the SB.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:Aren't people asking for reaper to be nerfed?

Didn't it actually just GET nerfed because lesser spinal shivers was exploding people for half their hp?

That was kind of a edge case. In order to get lesser shivers to hit at the levels people where complaining about you have to be running the Death Perception + Onslaught and must be able to get the proc to go off while you are in shroud. Note that the Onslaught build is total glass and generally considered bad at higher levels of play.

Right now Reaper is really bad because Spiteful Spirit had it's damage gutted which when combined with the lesser shivers nerf has made reaper horrifically bad against any opponent with any kind of recovery capability as Reaper no longer has the instant spike capability to finish off opponents before they can recover/disengage/reset.

Archived