What is the mark that sometimes appears over my head?

Shroud.2307

I know that with Ctrl + T you can be targeted and I know what that looks like. But in WvW, sometimes I'll see a smaller red cross hair appear above my head and I've never really figured out what actually causes it.

My only two guesses are:You've been targeted by a large squadA large number of players currently have you selected (not targeted, but have your character highlighted so to speak)

Does anyone have a source or confirmed answer about this? Was having it more than usual tonight during some fights outside SMC and started to wonder.

^ I asked this on the GW2 Reddit first but no one seems to understand what I mean. It isn't a Deadeye mark, it isn't a Sentry mark, it isn't a squad marker. It's a very small cross hair nearly the size of a Deadeye mark but placed closer to the characters head and it doesn't flash or have any animation. It literally looks like a much smaller Ctrl + T cross hair.

I've seen this many times in the past but have been experiencing it a lot more than usual lately when in large scale fights. I never see it on the small scale. That's why I'm thinking it may have something to do with a large number of players targeting you or having you selected.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:I know that with Ctrl + T you can be targeted and I know what that looks like. But in WvW, sometimes I'll see a smaller red cross hair appear above my head and I've never really figured out what actually causes it.

My only two guesses are:You've been targeted by a large squadA large number of players currently have you selected (not targeted, but have your character highlighted so to speak)

Does anyone have a source or confirmed answer about this? Was having it more than usual tonight during some fights outside SMC and started to wonder.

^ I asked this on the GW2 Reddit first but no one seems to understand what I mean. It isn't a Deadeye mark, it isn't a Sentry mark, it isn't a squad marker. It's a very small cross hair nearly the size of a Deadeye mark but placed closer to the characters head and it doesn't flash or have any animation. It literally looks like a much smaller Ctrl + T cross hair.

I've seen this many times in the past but have been experiencing it a lot more than usual lately when in large scale fights. I never see it on the small scale. That's why I'm thinking it may have something to do with a large number of players targeting you or having you selected.

I see this in pve too. I assume this happens mostly at camps and you have npc agro?

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:I know that with Ctrl + T you can be targeted and I know what that looks like. But in WvW, sometimes I'll see a smaller red cross hair appear above my head and I've never really figured out what actually causes it.

I see this in pve too. I assume this happens mostly at camps and you have npc agro?

Ogres occasionally cause it but otherwise no, it doesn't happen at camps or by any other NPC related event.

I'm going to try to get a screenshot next time I'm on because I want to know what it is.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

@"Zka.5823" said:I think it's blast gyro too.
, at 1:36 (don't mind video content it's only for exemple)

That is exactly the mark, just smaller. Hm... So a lot of Scrappers, or just one that apparently really likes me, are throwing their Blast Gyros at me then? Lol

Like many effects, it scales with the scaling of the model, not the size of the model. So it looks larger in that golem because it's much larger than the base size of the golem model.

Archived