[PoF] Invulnerable, fleeing enemies

This is a phenomenon I have come across a lot on PoF: an enemy attacks you, then, when you fight back, they suddenly become invulnerable and flee, only to re-engage after they have retreated quite a distance away from you.

This is especially annoying in story missions where you need your companions, yet they are busy chasing said fleeing, invulnerable enemy. It makes some achievement impossible, because your solo-fighting power isn't enough to kill all the enemies in the required time etc.

Please fix this, thank you.

I have also encountered this problem. Mainly, it happens on PoF maps, but I have also had it occur in core Tyria maps in the last few days.

The affected enemy acts strangely, as if it's not sure where it's supposed to be. It'll flee for a moment, then run back to where it was or whatever it was doing. I'm not sure if it's caused by lag or if it's an actual AI bug.

I can't really determine any triggering factors, but it happens fairly often and I'm surprised I haven't seen more posts about it.

Screenshot attached.e2YJI4s.jpg

@dagrdagaz.4913 said:Sounds like the long existing issue with foes moving to far away from their intended patrol area.They become (temporarily) invulnerable, heal and walk back to where they were supposed to be.

In this case, they don't heal and unlike leashing, it seems more like they're trying to run away than go back to their spawn point. Sometimes they don't even move, they simply stop doing anything for about 5 seconds.

@dagrdagaz.4913 said:Sounds like the long existing issue with foes moving to far away from their intended patrol area.They become (temporarily) invulnerable, heal and walk back to where they were supposed to be.@DeadTreeJig.6714 said:If they are going to keep the larger aggro range the mobs should remain vulnerable until they are out of our aggro (angry) range.

No no, that is not the same problem. I know because I HATE that problem. But look at my screenshot- they aren't healing, they just become invincible for a few seconds.It's a new issue, and a separate one from that old irritation.

I've seen that as well. This happened a lot most obviously in my Departing story with Eater of Souls, running back and forth for a very short distance invulnerable while running away and then coming back, over and over, but it was clearly within it's usual spawn/patrol area. I was not only in its usual area but within 1200 range as well

@Anubis.4619 said:I have also encountered this problem. Mainly, it happens on PoF maps, but I have also had it occur in core Tyria maps in the last few days.

I believe that alone should be reason enough for the devs to look into this bug and fix is ASAP. Like I said, it ruined a story achievement for me, because my hero companions weren't sticking to me but constantly chasing after such foes as soon as they got in their aggro range. :/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I'm chiming up in that thread because the issue is still there and it's really irritating. You're fighting, and all of a sudden, an enemy becomes invulnerable, goes away, and resume the fight. There's no disengage, and it's not the ultra-fast regen that happens when a foe is dragged beyond its aggro area.

Please fix that bug, because it honestly can't be a functionnality, isn't it ?

Sounds like (another) pathfinding bug to me. Mobs becoming invulnerable was originally used to prevent ranged players from killing helpless melee mobs from a safe ledge. If the mob can't find a valid path to the player it becomes invulnerable and breaks combat. Since this is also happening on flat terrain, it's obviously a bug.

Does anyone know if this only affects melee mobs or are ranged mobs affected too?

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:Sounds like (another) pathfinding bug to me. Mobs becoming invulnerable was originally used to prevent ranged players from killing helpless melee mobs from a safe ledge. If the mob can't find a valid path to the player it becomes invulnerable and breaks combat. Since this is also happening on flat terrain, it's obviously a bug.

Does anyone know if this only affects melee mobs or are ranged mobs affected too?

I'm almost certain it affects both melee and ranged mobs. I've seen all kind of forged mobs do that. Officiers, snipers, surfers, dogs-things...

• 2 weeks later...

@ThomasC.1056 said:

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:Sounds like (another) pathfinding bug to me. Mobs becoming invulnerable was originally used to prevent ranged players from killing helpless melee mobs from a safe ledge. If the mob can't find a valid path to the player it becomes invulnerable and breaks combat. Since this is also happening on flat terrain, it's obviously a bug.

I'm almost certain it affects both melee and ranged mobs. I've seen all kind of forged mobs do that. Officiers, snipers, surfers, dogs-things...

I've have had the same problem they were static positioned guard in a base so they weren't running back anywhere, I attacked them in holosmith mode and instant invulnerable appeared on them until I was out numbers and died.

It's like the invulnerable countdown boost that is used on the boss guard in wvw when an area is taken over has glitched into pve when a nearby event finishes.

@Healix.5819 said: Sometimes they don't even move, they simply stop doing anything for about 5 seconds.

Oh God this has been frustrating in the new PoF maps! I found it especially prevalent with the Awakened in Elon Riverlands. I wish I had of been recording my game play, because there was this Awakened Soldier placed down next to the path south to "Elon Flow" that would sprint all over the place, become invulnerable, and at one point got "stuck" and was freaking out on the spot, still invulnerable until he got his life back together.

If it wasn't so funny, I would have been mad.

Archived