Ranked PvP Doesn't Pay Enough Gold

Buzzbugs.1236

With slightly over 100 matches this season I've only made roughly 120 gold. Compared to PvE methods of making gold this just seems unrewarding to a player like myself who prefer to spend their time in-game doing PvP.

And to motivate players to play good (and not just play for the gold), we should get paid more the higher ranking we are.

@Drakortha.6974 said:With slightly over 100 matches this season I've only made roughly 120 gold. Compared to PvE methods of making gold this just seems unrewarding to a player like myself who prefer to spend their time in-game doing PvP.

And to motivate players to play good (and not just play for the gold), we should get paid more the higher ranking we are.

If you prefer to spend your time in-game doing PvP, then you don't really need gold, no?

I miss GW1's method of rewarding people for doing well in PvP, whereas this is just a grind, and as others said we don't need more easy rewards that can be farmed without an incentive to get good.

Sure, monthly ATs have a nice incentive for getting to the top, but it's really just the 0.01%, and everyone else falls into the same category reward wise. There are no tiers.

They should make it so that ranked rewards ramp up above plat 2 or something.

Why not increasing some gold rewards? I am fine with that. Don't care so much personally, because I don't like fancy skins anyways, but...

Maybe that makes some PvEers to try PvP! That would be great and maybe increase the population! Can hardly see any negative point in that. It's not like they will take your spot on the LB or get in your team (unless... well... you are kind of in their skill range). :smile:

€: Also, why tie it to ranking? No need for that. Stop elitist behaviour, let everyone just have fun! Put it on reward tracks.

@Spartacus.3192 said:

No thanks because that would just encourage more win trading and cheating.

Omg guys, just stop crying about win trading, this is not the highest issue and the solution is not to remove features.

About gold:This kind of reward only encourage farm. Also its not exclusive and not represent ability. PvP player seek for recognition, not pve stuff.

@Drakortha.6974 said:With slightly over 100 matches this season I've only made roughly 120 gold. Compared to PvE methods of making gold this just seems unrewarding to a player like myself who prefer to spend their time in-game doing PvP.

You gotta run ranked and ATs. So ultimately, there is plenty of gold in Spvp in general. ATs is a lot of gold man.

Archived