charr heavy Armour plate legs with complete tail Armour

so considering it has been 6+ years since guild wars 2 release why is there no complete charr heavy Armour plate legs that fully covers their tail and has no fabric and just plate similar to that of while it looks similar to studded plate legs ? sure there is the annoying as hell one locked behind raids that you can only see when you have your weapon out. why is there not one that is not an outfit and can be a single leg Armour that constantly covers the charrs tail ? if anything anet could just take the look from the new dreadnought raptor skin and try to adjust it to match the charrs tail. I understand it is quite difficult to design the Armour and looks but charr get no decent looking Armour for the most part unless you run as a light Armour. like the flame legion dungeons boots for light Armour charr is cool but the ones given to heavy Armour from the flame legion dungeon is ridiculous . Also it would nice if anet could make it so only certain new back-pieces that are made into gliders could be dyed upon the back-piece themselves like the scaled dragon wings.

I'm trying to imagine this, but I think it would look quite strange. I'm not sure it would be convincing that a charr tail could move with that amount of weight on it. I don't think real world animal armour (for horses and elephants) ever covers the tail. It works on the raptor because its tail is so muscular, and doesn't need to move around so much.

I'm all for more race-specific armour options though!

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:I'm trying to imagine this, but I think it would look quite strange. I'm not sure it would be convincing that a charr tail could move with that amount of weight on it. I don't think real world animal armour (for horses and elephants) ever covers the tail. It works on the raptor because its tail is so muscular, and doesn't need to move around so much.

We already have armor with a covered tail section though. It's the heavy legendary which the OP was speaking on and in my honest opinion, the tail looks badass. Hell, if I were to make the armor, it would specifically be for charr because of it.

@DiabolicalHamSandwich.8756 said:

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:I'm trying to imagine this, but I think it would look quite strange. I'm not sure it would be convincing that a charr tail could move with that amount of weight on it. I don't think real world animal armour (for horses and elephants) ever covers the tail. It works on the raptor because its tail is so muscular, and doesn't need to move around so much.

We already have armor with a covered tail section though. It's the heavy legendary which the OP was speaking on and in my honest opinion, the tail looks kitten. Hell, if I were to make the armor, it would specifically be for charr because of it.

Theres other examples as well,The Elonian outfit covers the tail with bone segments as one of them, im sure theres more, but i seldom swap looks on my heavy armored Charr.

@Dante.1763 said:

We already have armor with a covered tail section though. It's the heavy legendary which the OP was speaking on and in my honest opinion, the tail looks kitten. Hell, if I were to make the armor, it would specifically be for charr because of it.

Theres other examples as well,The Elonian outfit covers the tail with bone segments as one of them, im sure theres more, but i seldom swap looks on my heavy armored Charr.

Which one? Only elonian outfit I know of is the elementalist one. That one has a tail flap though and the elonian armor has nothing. However I was reminded of the ice encasement outfit. That also has a decent tail covering along with a few other outfits. Armor wise, we got bupkis outside of like 2 retextures and the leg armor.

Looking into it, all weight classes give a tail cover. Heavy still looks the best though since no butt flaps to mess it up imo.

Fair enough, I can't remember what the heavy legendary armour looks like and the wiki screenshot is the stowed version. The thing I was trying to imagine was, as the OP had suggested, the Dreadnought Raptor tail armour on a charr tail - I don't know if the legendary armour tail is anything like that.

Which one? Only elonian outfit I know of is the elementalist one. That one has a tail flap though and the elonian armor has nothing. However I was reminded of the ice encasement outfit. That also has a decent tail covering along with a few other outfits. Armor wise, we got bupkis outside of like 2 retextures and the leg armor.

Looking into it, all weight classes give a tail cover. Heavy still looks the best though since no butt flaps to mess it up imo.

I think they mean the Primeval Dervish Outfit, which has bones/fossils on the tail. There's also tail decoration on the light Carapace armour (but it's not actually an armoured tail).

I think plate armour on a charrs tail would look quite silly, and very unrealistic - it's highly unlikely they'd be able to move their tail with all that weight on it and I imagine having it dragging behind them weighted down would be very annoying. Of course that's not really an issue in a game - it could still be waving around as normal because the armour is effectively weightless, but the fact that it would look unrealistic would bother me.

Having said that I wouldn't object to some sets offering that as an option, I'm always in favour of more variety for armour - I just wouldn't ever use them myself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Danikat.8537 said:I think plate armour on a charrs tail would look quite silly, and very unrealistic - it's highly unlikely they'd be able to move their tail with all that weight on it and I imagine having it dragging behind them weighted down would be very annoying. Of course that's not really an issue in a game - it could still be waving around as normal because the armour is effectively weightless, but the fact that it would look unrealistic would bother me.

Having said that I wouldn't object to some sets offering that as an option, I'm always in favour of more variety for armour - I just wouldn't ever use them myself.

Hooray! Someone else who cares about suspension of disbelief! I think it also depends on what charr tails are for. Since they swing them around so much, I guess they're used for keeping insects off them. Could they still do that with an armoured tail? And would they even need to if they were fully armoured everywhere else? I really don't know. Maybe they're also for balance, in which case having a heavier tail might actually help balance a heavily armoured body...

Something similar that annoys me is that one of the heavy armours - I think it's Dark Templar armour - has a metal plate over part of the tail that bends around as the tail moves. There's no way that a charr's tail could just bend metal around like that.

@Danikat.8537 said:I think plate armour on a charrs tail would look quite silly, and very unrealistic - it's highly unlikely they'd be able to move their tail with all that weight on it and I imagine having it dragging behind them weighted down would be very annoying. Of course that's not really an issue in a game - it could still be waving around as normal because the armour is effectively weightless, but the fact that it would look unrealistic would bother me.

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:

Hooray! Someone else who cares about suspension of disbelief! I think it also depends on what charr tails are for. Since they swing them around so much, I guess they're used for keeping insects off them. Could they still do that with an armoured tail? And would they even need to if they were fully armoured everywhere else? I really don't know. Maybe they're also for balance, in which case having a heavier tail might actually help balance a heavily armoured body...

Something similar that annoys me is that one of the heavy armours - I think it's Dark Templar armour - has a metal plate over part of the tail that bends around as the tail moves. There's no way that a charr's tail could just bend metal around like that.

Really though? We have reality crushing dragons, talking moose cats, humanoid salads, floating wing back pieces, we have killed literal gods, able to achieve some flight with griffons both with their weight and ours, weapons from an era of 8bit graphics, able to fully morph with potions, among many other things. And despite having actual armor with tail covering as well as outfits with covers where we can also be on fire. As well as a intelligent race of goblin creatures who have attained teleportation among other feats.

Armoured tails is where we're drawing the line? ?. Look I get it, there has to be a line somewhere for the sake the whole. Otherwise you end up with UFOs and nazi germany in Jurassic Park, trying to splice dinos with cupcakes for a dangerous but! delicious combo. But this? ? ........ah well. I can't tell folks how to view things so eh.

• Confused 1

• 3 years later...