[SUGGESTION] Trojan Dolyak and supply destruction in forts.

Hitman.5829

@Hitman.5829 said:

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:Sounds cool to me...make it more interesting though.

Make it more interesting? How about after 10 dolyaks have made it to an enemy fort, the 11th dolyak can carry10 players hidden in its cargo hahahaha

Wow, great idea.Like, I'm impressed.

But I'd say give it on the first go, dolyaks run regardless of team affiliation but deliver.. Alternate things to opponent structures.

• 4 years later...

Yes, I am necro-ing this post.  Yes, I love this idea. 

To add additional flavor to this, why not add a tactic that on capture, any remaining Yaks turn into a Trojan Yak, and 10 random players that have been sitting around collecting pips get thrown into the Yak to take a ride 😁... Two birds one stone for those AFKers!

3 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Trebuchets has been able to destroy objective supplies when shot at supply depots since launch but I think most people has forgotten.

Pretty sure the drain in miniscule amounts per shot that makes it forgettable to use. Would be ideal to use on upgraded smc and t3 keeps, but you're really just better off breaking walls and letting defenders drain supply faster from repairing.

But oh wait people say players don't repair anymore, guess cow shots value have just gone up. 😏

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Pretty sure the drain in miniscule amounts per shot that makes it forgettable to use. Would be ideal to use on upgraded smc and t3 keeps, but you're really just better off breaking walls and letting defenders drain supply faster from repairing.

But oh wait people say players don't repair anymore, guess cow shots value have just gone up. 😏

Them being bad at it is no excuse for reinventing the wheel, better to just fix the existing feature. Especially when the alternative in this case propose a dolyak genocide to achieve the same goal.

4 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Them being bad at it is no excuse for reinventing the wheel, better to just fix the existing feature. Especially when the alternative in this case propose a dolyak genocide to achieve the same goal.

Oh I don't really care about the dolyak idea, but I do think cow shots on supply huts should be upgraded to drain more per shot though, could be an interesting tool for havocs to use to prep upgraded objectives for attacks.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Especially when the alternative in this case propose a dolyak genocide to achieve the same goal.

Actually the most interesting part was that if enemy Doylak reaches the structure it can work as a portal for 1 or 2 players. We also solve the ''hack'' problem that they overcome intact walls without too much trouble. because we make it possible for everyone and not just for some. I can't tell you how yet, but it would be interesting to find a formula to do it.

Edited by Mabi black.1824
  • Like 2

The key to the Trojan Yak is that the Yak has to be alive when the camp flips.  The Trojan Yak only works on Towers, not keeps.  Would make for an interesting tactic for certain.  Make those camps a little more dicey when they are able to suddenly pop in folks to an unguarded tower.  Gives more incentive to recap the camps when taken by the enemy (not like we need any incentive, since they flip frequent enough).

1 hour ago, Morden Kain.3489 said:

Yes, I am necro-ing this post.  Yes, I love this idea. 

To add additional flavor to this, why not add a tactic that on capture, any remaining Yaks turn into a Trojan Yak, and 10 random players that have been sitting around collecting pips get thrown into the Yak to take a ride 😁... Two birds one stone for those AFKers!

This one has shown up a number of times and versions. What do you do with a camp that has no delivery points? As mentioned prior give us a new upgrade option that's available to be crafted that turn the yaks into sappers. They carry explosive charges towards their destinations and if they make it all the way in they damage the gates they arrive at as they exploded. Something along the lines of 1-2% that could trigger swords but still give defenders time to investigate and retake as needed. What does this do? Adds value in capturing backline camps even more than just denying supply and increases the value in sentries along the path to prevent these sappers from reaching their destination as well as giving a way for the camps to upgrade as if they could deliver their supply to the main objectives. It also allows for more tactical capture of camps to use as a weapon versus just a target of denial. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

This one has shown up a number of times and versions.

My thought is that if we keep asking, at some point the Devs may do something like this.  We have 4 options that get used on the camps, and there are several tactics that are not used.  Would just like some added flavor.  Something that can be fun at the same time.

I also like your other thoughts on what to do with a camp that has sat there for too long.  Gives the Yaks something to do than graze getting fat... Put those yaks to work!

52 minutes ago, Morden Kain.3489 said:

My thought is that if we keep asking, at some point the Devs may do something like this.  We have 4 options that get used on the camps, and there are several tactics that are not used.  Would just like some added flavor.  Something that can be fun at the same time.

I also like your other thoughts on what to do with a camp that has sat there for too long.  Gives the Yaks something to do than graze getting fat... Put those yaks to work!

Its a valid point, consider how many mount threads we had before mounts. There was even one post back in the day where the devs said well sometimes we gauge interest by re-accruing posts. See SAB as a good example.

2 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

This one has shown up a number of times and versions. What do you do with a camp that has no delivery points? As mentioned prior give us a new upgrade option that's available to be crafted that turn the yaks into sappers. They carry explosive charges towards their destinations and if they make it all the way in they damage the gates they arrive at as they exploded. Something along the lines of 1-2% that could trigger swords but still give defenders time to investigate and retake as needed. What does this do? Adds value in capturing backline camps even more than just denying supply and increases the value in sentries along the path to prevent these sappers from reaching their destination as well as giving a way for the camps to upgrade as if they could deliver their supply to the main objectives. It also allows for more tactical capture of camps to use as a weapon versus just a target of denial. 

I like these kind of ideas a lot. Not everyone in WvW is a strategic/tactical thinker but for those who are, mechanics like these could add an intriguing level of complexity and fun to the game play. 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2018 at 7:13 AM, Hitman.5829 said:

There are times when dolyaks stall because your team has no forts where the dolyaks can go. I was thinking that maybe when that happens, the Dolyaks could carry disease and plague to the enemy forts and if they are successful in their entry then the enemy supply is reduced.

This brings up Tactic for objectives. Replace Armored Dolyak with Diseased Dolyak. In order to send Diseased Dolyak, one has to hold the camp long enough to install said tactic. 

Edited by babana.7521

On 4/28/2023 at 9:41 AM, Xenesis.6389 said:

It drains 10 supply her hit, which can be significant over time when assaulting the keep.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

It drains 10 supply her hit, which can be significant over time when assaulting the keep.

Yeah, that isn't much in the grand scheme of things.  It can take upwards of 45 seconds between treb shots (takes less time to drop a wall than it does from max supply to 0).  It should be 2-5x the current depending on the objective.   I suggest this, as the current setup is 30-60 supply to keeps with yak upgrades, something that has not been considered in what the treb supply damage does.  Prior to current auto upgrade system, we depended on those supplies to purchase the upgrades, so a treb hitting the supplies was a bit more detrimental.

Hmmm... ANet could scale the supply damage depending on tier and type you are attacking.  SMC (T3/T2/T1/T0) = 50/40/30/20; Keep = 40/30/20/10; Tower = 30/20/10/10.  However, I digress, as the treb supply damage should be a different topic 😏.

54 minutes ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

Uh, what treb are you firing? It's 10 seconds per shot at full-power.

If you are talking about a shot that is already in alignment, you are are apparently forgetting flight time and skill recycle.  It feels like 45 seconds to me, however it is closer to the following (~13 .25 - 20 seconds before impact):

8.25 or 10 seconds to get to full power, 0-10 seconds of flight time,  5 seconds wait time for skill recycle

You can reduce the time down to this (~8.25 - 20 seconds before impact):

8.25 or 10 seconds to get full power, 0-10 seconds of flight time, flip shot type (#4 skill)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trebuchet

So, you have a minimum of 13.25 - 15 seconds between full power shots depending on what you are throwing down range.  You also have the flight time for the first shot, which then becomes whatever the the minimum time between shots is (ie: holding down the #2 skill without a break).  Now if you are not like me (I use a weight on the #2 key, others have a macro setup), you will probably release the key while waiting for the shot recycle, and therefore introduce more delay between shots.

In essence, I invalidated both our times, and hijacked this poor thread that is talking about using yaks with alternatives.  Let's try to keep this from derailing further, shall we 😁.