Re-linking

Sleepwalker.1398

@Avengedeath.4671 said:Thank goodness. Sometimes a divorce is the best answer.

But...

What if the judge later forces you to re-marry after you think you're getting a divorce?

World Linking sorta feels this way for Guest Servers&Alliance Linking will probably feel that way for Host Servers

I'm kind of joking, but I'm kinda not. :(

Yours truly,Diku

p.s.See some of my past posts...please vote Helpful or Thumbs up if you agree.

@Diku.2546 said:

@"Avengedeath.4671" said:Thank goodness. Sometimes a divorce is the best answer.

But...

What if the judge later forces you to re-marry after you think you're getting a divorce?

World Linking sorta feels this way for Guest Servers&Alliance Linking will probably feel that way for Host Servers

I'm kind of joking, but I'm kinda not. :(

"Alliance Linking" won't involve Host Servers. There will be no host. There will be dynamically generated "worlds" created by the new system that we get assigned to based on whatever criteria they will be using. Nobody will be hosting anyone else. All one big beautiful, friendly, butt kicking set of teams.... oooo yaaaaa

and... Diku! "Salute!" :-)

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:"Alliance Linking" won't involve Host Servers. There will be no host. There will be dynamically generated "worlds" created by the new system that we get assigned to based on whatever criteria they will be using. Nobody will be hosting anyone else. All one big beautiful, friendly, butt kicking set of teams.... oooo yaaaaa

and... Diku! "Salute!" :-)

You're absolutely correct...there are no Host servers.

However, what I'm really trying to say...

Guilds within an Alliance will feel like they're getting a divorce...only to find out later that the judge is forcing them back into their 3-way marriage within a tier deal.

sigh

Imagine if we had a system where we could be Single to Mingle....carefree...and able to date anybody we choose instead of who the judge or our parents pick for us to date.

Of course the judge has no choice...because of the fixed 3-way tier marriage laws currently in place...simply put...can't seriously provide adequate solutions.

We should instead throw out these laws & replace them with a

system that would allow players to Date Any Server they want to...instead of being forced into a 3 -way marriage within your tier deal.

Imagine being Single to Mingle...and being able to Date Anybody we choose.

We Just need to setup limits on How many Servers & Which Servers you can date for the week. Then let the players that only pick popular servers to date for the week...wait in a long line to see them.

What it really boils down to...is...we have a flawed Match-Up design for WvW...and it does not support Long-Term Population growth in a sustainable way.

"Monkeying" with how teams get created won't fix this problem....

chuckles

Reminds me about the 800 Pound Gorilla in the Room, but that's another topic.

If you can follow my train of discussion....good for you...if not...just ignore it...and find something more to your liking & level of empathizing.

One thing I hope we can all agree on...

Is that we should have a better WvW game mode by now, buut sadly we don't.

It's not the team creation process that needs fixingg...FIX the Match-Up Design already!

Yours truly,Diku

Balthazzarr! "/Salute back!" =)

some of our host servers have been super nice but unfortunately or fortunately however you look at it. our server got some new guilds xfered from other servers so now we are too big to be linked with the servers who we got along with really well. now it seems our host is ready to see the back of us and some of us feel the same. can't wait for alliances but until then...do what is best for the children, lol.

Does relink matters when the bandwagoning and stacking already reach this level?You either roll over by numbers or roll over by a blob of vets, there is no more comparable match anymore.

To highlight the gap between NA servers again, the few bandwagon servers easily can find a few diamond players among them. For most other servers, diamond is just a existence of legend, in other words, they don't exist in most servers. Even mithril rank are so few you can maybe count with a hand. That's how big of a gap is between bandwagon servers and the rest.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:Does relink matters when the bandwagoning and stacking already reach this level?You either roll over by numbers or roll over by a blob of vets, there is no more comparable match anymore.

To highlight the gap between NA servers again, the few bandwagon servers easily can find a few diamond players among them. For most other servers, diamond is just a existence of legend, in other words, they don't exist in most servers. Even mithril rank are so few you can maybe count with a hand. That's how big of a gap is between bandwagon servers and the rest.

Wat? Diamond means nothing. They're usually easier to kill than Bronze...

@Turk.5460 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:Does relink matters when the bandwagoning and stacking already reach this level?You either roll over by numbers or roll over by a blob of vets, there is no more comparable match anymore.

Wat? Diamond means nothing. They're usually easier to kill than Bronze...

I am not sure if you realize almost everything discussed in linking are in team perspective and not roaming perspective.I am sure it isn't a ancient knowledge that roaming class with like build can kill a zerg class with like build even if they both peak in the skill.Please don't attempt derail the points.

Oh, and on the note of roamers, I must also highlight that bandwagon servers easily have more roamers than any other servers. Along with what mentioned of the gap in zerg play, the gap in roaming play too is of the same gap. Thanks for the reminder.

There is a diamond legend on my server, pretty much always plays minstrel FB, and they are usually the first person to die on engage. Most diamond ranks farmed levels back in the day in EOTM just k-training.

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:

There is a diamond legend on my server, pretty much always plays minstrel FB, and they are usually the first person to die on engage. Most diamond ranks farmed levels back in the day in EOTM just k-training.

Also Laurels.

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:

Oh a diamond LEGEND, yea sure. Very likely but not ALL diamonds are like that. Also, I wouldn't say MOST either because strictly speaking. EOTM was so long ago. A hardcore wvw player can reach platinum within 6 months, you think diamond is not reachable within years? Let's not forget the game already 6 years old.

That's isn't the point too, You are implying that rank isn't equaivlent to skill, sure, I understand that perfectly since I have met people that plays for years but I literally raise above them in league play in few months. However, if you have a pile up mithril plus diamonds in a server, comparing to a server with pile of bronze and silver, are you sure they are equal? That's the point. Please don't derail the point.

@Liston.9708 said:Not sure what all the mithril diamond talk has to do with re-links..... the issue is mass movement right after re-links that seems to happen every time making the link logic useless for the next 7 weeks

Mithril - diamond %'s matter in that they will at least know the basics like positioning and using skills that actually help in a zerg fight. Mass movement aka players trying to fix the server problem themselves.. that has to be worked on by anet.

maybe this new world creation will help, sounds more like a minimum effort bandaid but we'll see in 2019 - 2020.... maybe...

Archived