Is this so difficult to say "Hi" and "ty" in PU ?

Ty for what that you join said group?

Were is your hi and ty for the person posting said group so you dident have to do it yourself?

EditIf someone said hi when joining a group 95% of the players say hi, yo, hello or hey back.ty at end aint that common and why should it be you did stuff together as a team so no need to thank the others.

In LFG ads, "hi" and "ty" add unnecessary length. I usually run with a static group and when we occasionally need to fill a spot or two with PUGs, we always say hi and ty/thx/thx for the run/etc. Find that it relaxes the randoms and makes for a more pleasant experience. In any case, if you get into a silent group and they won't say anything/respond, look at them as a resource to exploit to get your goal done. You do not really need to think of them as people who are being unsociable, just think of them as NPCs with more complicated programming. :)

I always say hi at the beginning and thank you at the end. I say "hi" because this is an MMO with another human being behind each character, and I say "thank you" to express my appreciation for them joining the group; spending their time with me; helping me to complete a task that would have taken much longer if not out right impossible without their participation; and, because its just common courtesy. Unfortunately, not everyone can be bothered to express basic manners but most people seem to reciprocate. The GW2 community is a lot better than many other MMOs...just need to stay away from the toxic areas (aka pvp).

Interaction in this game is extremely awkward most of the time lol

People join, they should say hi if they care, if they don't that's fine, but I won't say it first if it's my party. Especially in Fractals I encounter people who never communicate and if something fails they just silently diseappear lol

@Vyrulisse.1246 said:Somewhere along the line it became rare to actually communicate with other people in these multiplayer games. I don't know when or where but it happened sadly x.x

Most People these days are unsocial to begin with, especially if you don't have or are yourself something they desire.

That said it's probably much better in small communities when they know each other.

In my WoW days I always said Hi/Hello when the group started and 'Ty for the group' when the dungeon was finished. But I haven't done any dungeons in Gw2 yet lol.

During a GW2 open word event I rarely say ty when I get ressed, not because I'm ungratefull but because I'm too busy staying away from (AoE)attacks and help getting downed others up. By the time I typed '/s ty! :)', and not paying attention to my surroundings, I'll be already downed again and they'll have to help me for a 2nd time hehe. I show my thanks and appreciation by keeping an eye out for downed players and ress them as well if possible.

@Grampybone.3716 said:In my WoW days I always said Hi/Hello when the group started and 'Ty for the group' when the dungeon was finished. But I haven't done any dungeons in Gw2 yet lol.

During a GW2 open word event I rarely say ty when I get ressed, not because I'm ungratefull but because I'm too busy staying away from (AoE)attacks and help getting downed others up. By the time I typed '/s ty! :)', and not paying attention to my surroundings, I'll be already downed again and they'll have to help me for a 2nd time hehe. I show my thanks and appreciation by keeping an eye out for downed players and ress them as well if possible.

it takes them awhile to rez you tho so its fully possibly to say that while they are in the middle of reviving.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Grampybone.3716 said:In my WoW days I always said Hi/Hello when the group started and 'Ty for the group' when the dungeon was finished. But I haven't done any dungeons in Gw2 yet lol.

it takes them awhile to rez you tho so its fully possibly to say that while they are in the middle of reviving.

Sorry I forgot the difference with helping up a downed player and truelly ressing someone. Helping getting you up is often very quick. If I'm really dead (as in travel to nearest waypoint) I don't bother people ressing me, I respawn at waypoint and get back into action asap.

Archived