defiant stance is to op for not being an elite

Tact.8063

the thing with SB is that it trury rely on this stance to heal there overlarge then other health pool but why its op?lets copmpare to one utility stance endure pain

Take no damage from attacks. You are still susceptible to conditions and crowd control effects.

Enduring Pain (4s): You take no damage from incoming attacks. You are still susceptible to conditions and control effects. Breaks stun.png Breaks Stun

Cooldown 60 secondyou are still susceptible to condition damage making condition a weeakness of SB

defiant stance

Heal yourself. Absorb all incoming strikes for a period of time.

healing: 1,853 (0.4)?Defiant Stance.png Defiant Stance (4s): All incoming attacks heal you.

cool down 30 secondNOTE -While the stance is active, incoming retaliation, condition and direct damage will heal the warrior for the full amount otherwise dealt.

THIS SKILL NOT ONLY MAKE WARRIOR TAKE NO DAMAGE FROM EVEN CONDITION IT HEAL THEM SO IF AND SB HAVE CONDITION ANJD LOW HEALTH THERE IS NO ONE STOPING THEM FROM REACHING THERE OVERLARGE HEALTH POOLIT HEAL FOR WHOLE DAMAGE???all of this that is better then endure pain in every way on HALF the CDthis skill make warrior invunrable to kill for 4 second only control effect work which we all know heal warr for another 2k on stun breakthis skill aloan keep my SB ALIVE for to long it has CD OF 30 SECONDto compare it we use one of gurdians skillLitany of Wrath

Heal yourself. For a brief time, heal yourself based on a percentage of damage dealt to enemies.

Healing.png Healing: 1,640 (0.25)? Litany of Wrath.png Litany of Wrath (6s): 25% of damage dealt is returned to you as healing.

this skill only heal 25% of damage dealtso idont understand why a larger health pool get a better skill that give it invunrablty/FULL HEAL for 4 sceond and a small one does not even heal 50% of damage??

THIS IS THE ONLY PROMBLE WITH SB (and that full counter visual bug talk about in other theread)so either cd to above 60 second (because endure pain has justified CD OF 60 second) or reduce stance by half duration

thank you for listening

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Crinn.7864 said:This is not why SB is strong. Trying to pin all of SB sustain on a single skill is naïve. Defiant stance is no different than rev's glint heal.

it is the potential to heal 30k in for second from condition that cant be remove by enemy give him effective health pool 60k hpmy point is that it is simiar to endure pain in some case even better and have onLY 1/2 of CD

@"bigo.9037" said:most warriors don't even use that heal skill. also.. just stop attacking him??? it doesn't last very long.

this is another case of git gud. I'm sorry.

revenants have this skill too you know. why aren't you complaining about them?

well as i stated above againt condition it is imposible to stop "attacking" and by not att for 4 second you are basicly giving it a 4 second invunrablity largest invunrable skill is of 3 second invunrablity and have large cool down what i am doing is compqareing it to other similar skill

you have no idea how many time i have full becuse of it

Legendary Dragon. Consume. Consume Facet of Light to heal yourself and invert all incoming strikes to healing for a short duration.

Healing.png Healing: 1,853 (1.0)? Infuse Light.png Infuse Light (3s): Inverts all incoming damage to healing.

yes it is similar but it is possible to catch a reve in assian legend rather then glient also it is 1 second down which actualy counts in inence pvp + reve dont really thave that much sustain and is only mid health pool

@Blocki.4931 said:Yes, give a heal skill a 60 second cooldown. Fantastic idea.

as stated above it can basicly compare to 3 second invunrablity at a cool down of 30 second most invunrablity have CD of around 60-90 (gurd , mesmer)altenative is to reduce stance duration

@Tact.8063 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:This is not why SB is strong. Trying to pin all of SB sustain on a single skill is naïve. Defiant stance is no different than rev's glint heal.

it is the potential to heal 30k in for second from condition that cant be remove by enemy give him effective health pool 60k hpmy point is that it is simiar to endure pain in some case even better and have onLY 1/2 of CD

@"bigo.9037" said:most warriors don't even use that heal skill. also.. just stop attacking him??? it doesn't last very long.

well as i stated above againt condition it is imposible to stop "attacking" and by not att for 4 second you are basicly giving it a 4 second invunrablity largest invunrable skill is of 3 second invunrablity and have large cool down what i am doing is compqareing it to other similar skill

Legendary Dragon. Consume. Consume Facet of Light to heal yourself and invert all incoming strikes to healing for a short duration.
 Healing.png Healing: 1,853 (1.0)? Infuse Light.png Infuse Light (3s): Inverts all incoming damage to healing.

yes it is similar but it is possible to catch a reve in assian legend rather then glient also it is 1 second down which actualy counts in inence pvp + reve dont really thave that much sustain and is only mid health pool

as stated above it can basicly compare to 3 second invunrablity at a cool down of 30 second most invunrablity have CD of around 60-90 (gurd , mesmer)altenative is to reduce stance duration

so a SB using a skill to counter conditions means it's OP??

I don't think so.

@bigo.9037 said:

@bigo.9037 said:most warriors don't even use that heal skill. also.. just stop attacking him??? it doesn't last very long.

I don't think so.

@bigo.9037 said:most warriors don't even use that heal skill. also.. just stop attacking him??? it doesn't last very long.

I don't think so.

no it means a heal of 30k and no heal skill heal that much in any case or situation

@Tact.8063 said:

I don't think so.

I don't think so.

no it means a heal of 30k and no heal skill heal that much in any case or situation

after he uses his heal, condi bomb him.

@Tact.8063 said:

it is the potential to heal 30k in for second from condition that cant be remove by enemy give him effective health pool 60k hpmy point is that it is simiar to endure pain in some case even better and have onLY 1/2 of C

For defiant stance to heal for 30k from conditions the warrior would have to be taking 7.5k damage per second over the duration. That doesn't happen. Scourge tops out at 3k per sec under optimal circumstances. Moreover if a warrior was taking 7.5k per sec he would evaporate the moment defiance ended.

Also endure pain has a 30 second cooldown in PvP. I don't know where you are getting that defiance has half the cooldown of endure pain.

It's important to understand the Warrior toolkit and what it's supposed to do, before making bold accusations about this or that skill. A warrior's role and by proxy Spellbreaker's, is to be a front line sturdy class, providing the backbone of any organized group. Be it PvP, WvW or even PvE. Now other classes can fill the role but Warrior was conceived as the TRUE master of arms(they have the biggest weapon set arsenal).

It's a failure of imagination to approach a warrior the same way you approach a thief or a mesmer or anything else really. They were given the toolkit to enable them to withstand extreme pressure for a moderate amount of time, enabling them to fulfill their roles in each game mode. No matter what, a warrior will always be in the middle of the fight as it's a "head on" type of profession, whereas most of the others are "bait and switch," or a mixture of the two.It's just not a class you can burst in a single go, you have to take pauses between pressure rushes. I don't see that as a bad thing, I find it to be a healthy design that gives warrior unique identity.

Now if you ask me if I feel the damage output they can spec for (I play Core Warr), is proportional to the amount of sustain they have by design... Well, that's a different story.

Well if you can do 30k worth of ticks and you think he has this heal, either bait it out then apply it. Or bomb him twice because most classes burst or condi bomb earlier than 30 second intervals.

War’s passive heal and sustain is much more of a problem, than this stance which has a TON of counterplay. In all cases if you fail to kill your opponents technique you have failed 1/3 of your criteria to conquer them.

Is this even used in sPvP? I only ever see the kamikaze bubblers use it in WvW.

Anyways, this skill has a distinct auditory cue as well as a very noticeable blue icon on the warrior's effect bar. The skill is not OP whatsoever. Infuse Light is better because A) Revs have access to a second heal (which is admittedly pretty weak for Shiro) and B) It can be cast instantly as long as you have the facet active, which means it can be used while CC'd and while simultaneously using other skills.

Heralds got the same thing except it lasts 3 seconds and not 4.

I guess OP faced a "tank" SB and found it too frustrating to beat. I know the feel, i find SB metabuilds to be annoying enough. Endure Pain and lesser endure pain along with block and full counter is enough defense to make you throw your desk out the window :/

Just dont fight a warrior 1v1, they are made to be way durable. They have issues of their own with landing their damage on alot of other metapicks, so i guess its kinda fair.I rarely see Warriors racking up "kills" on their own.

If you wanna beat Warriors so badly i suggest you play:Soulbeast, Theif(any spec), Shiro revenant, Mesmer (any spec), Holosmith.

So basically any profession that is fast, slipperly and bursty that doesnt require too much "setup" for their damage or are locked behind long CDs.

Well you see litany of wrath is 25% of your damage done in healing because 1. You can deal massive amounts of damage and a 100% would be almost certanly a fullheal on use. And 2. You can control it to a certain extent, it's not dependent on other people to work

MEANWHILE DEFIANT STANCE is 100% dependent on your enemy attacking you. Easiest counter? Just stop. Stow your weapons. Do a /dance. Laff as your enemy gets no value out of their heal. You say conditions are unavoidable healing, but conditions only have such long a duration. You have 3sec to prepare a burst.

Archived