Maining only one class for all gamemodes or being multiclass

Lucas.3718

I am kinda in a little dilema. i ask myself what class i should main, mostly i thought about revenant since i am decent at him in pvp and i can do great stuff with him in pve, but is not quite usefull everywhere, like lets say power based encounters. in this situations i would use a thief since you can play him in all pve contents as a power build, but in wvw and pvp he kinda gets outshined by others. so there i want to open a discussion. should i go for a one main class only or should i be a multiclass player ? and if one main class only, which one ?thx :)

Only you can answer that question.

I play multiclass, usually focussing on one class/elite for a few months to get to know it and craft a set of ascended gear (currently daredevil, previously weaver). I'd love to master every profession but I don't have the time. Next up will be mirage or chrono.

You can always main the profession that keeps your interest the most or is the funnest for you to play regardless of how good you are at it.

But there are benefits to playing other classes occasionally though,

• Learning their mechanics in the event you fight them.
  • Understanding their basics with first hand experience.
  • Some might be better for general grinding / farming, others may have an easier time with jumping puzzles due to blinks etc.

Just to name a few points

Dont feel that you need to go out and play each profession all at once either you can take your time with it. It was a few years before I tried mesmer and even longer before I gave engi a try for the first time. But you might find as you play other things that you like something else more than you thought you would. The game has changed alot seince launch.

You dont have to be a mutli class player (on a serious note) but i find playing other professions personally helps me be a bit more chill rather than serious when i play especially in pvp modes. I tend to have more "mindless" fun when playing other professions that are not my main, but more "tactical" fun when im playing my main.

Archived