Mad Realm Mount Suggestions [merged]

jwaz.1908

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they're nice mounts, but not worth buying for me. I would prefer them without the wings but they weren't a complete deal-breaker for me, except on the springer where IMO they looked really out of place. What put me off is that apart from the wings they're not that distinctive. I could get a similar (not identical, but near enough) look dying mounts I already have, and going by previews I saw I think I'd have a hard time finding a nice dye scheme other than black/white base + very bright 'smoke'.

Put all of that together and I'm not sure what I'd use them for, which means they're not worth buying. If they were cheaper or I didn't already have the branded pack and the Istani mounts I might get them, and I do like the shimmery effect so maybe one day I will. But not this year.

@jwaz.1908 said:I would buy these if they didn't have bat wings. I'm sorry but I like everything about them except wings on a raptor/jackal/springer looks really silly, only the skimmer and griffon look good. Maybe if there was a toggle option? Thoughts?

Completely agree. I would pick up the 400gems I'm missing and buy it immediately if not for the fact the Raptor, Spring and Jackal have wings.... The black smokey aura around the Raptor, Jackal and Gryphon alone would have made it worth it, but because of wings, only the Gryphon would be usable for me, and that's not worth 1600gems.

I got so hyped up when I saw the smoke and crazy pumpkin faces. I was ready for some serious Halloween psychotic dyeing........then I saw the wings......and then I felt sorry for the poor things. A demonic jackal, springer and raptor that had tiny wings that couldn't allow them flight. I think that's what makes them cutesy - which I can't imagine was intended. Its like.... a Halloween ostrich. Except ostriches are genuinely more scary.

@Scud.5067 said:Those wings read like someone else had to give their input on an otherwise fine design.

I agree with this.

That skimmer is amazing.... but I won't be getting it, because I don't think I will use the other mounts. The raptor just looks like it is really over-efforting to get into the air with those little flaps. :anguished:

@"Palador.2170" said:I know they're not going to include the Beetle in any of the packs because it's not one of the "base" mounts, but I did expect them to put one out separately. If I can't finish the set, and there's no reason to think that I ever will be able to, why bother?

Well I would not count Griffon as a base mount either due to the price tag, but that gets included in the pack

PS I have the Griffon, just saying the Beetle should be included imo

@Omnicron.2467 said:

@"Palador.2170" said:I know they're not going to include the Beetle in any of the packs because it's not one of the "base" mounts, but I did expect them to put one out separately. If I can't finish the set, and there's no reason to think that I ever will be able to, why bother?

Well I would not count Griffon as a base mount either due to the price tag, but that gets included in the pack

PS I have the Griffon, just saying the Beetle should be included imo

You don't need to bust out your credit card to buy a Griffon unless you really want to.

Yes, you can convert gold to gems and buy, but that's still a real money transaction somewhere else.

Also the wings are clearly a nod to people who put bat wings on their pets during halloween and if that ruins your entire enjoyment of them maybe you never liked the skins to begin with.

@"jwaz.1908" said:I would buy these if they didn't have bat wings. I'm sorry but I like everything about them except wings on a raptor/jackal/springer looks really silly, only the skimmer and griffon look good. Maybe if there was a toggle option? Thoughts?

I would wait for the next one, this one clearly is for the "Everything is better with wings" or the "pretend angel/devil" crowd.

Archived