Whats up with the random hitboxes in enemy owned SM?

supply depots and waypoints + ewp (no matter if they are upgraded) have a hit box that will break your stealth if you hit them. you can also hit walls but they dont break stealth, yet it can be used for other effects like building malice so you can get stealth with a stolen skill as deadeye.aside from that i only get in combat or visible when hitting obvious targets in SM like NPCs or gates.

@Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:that sounds like your enemy have littered area with stealth detection traps.....

Nope, its literally a hitbox in thye objective. I'm using the engineer bombkit with big ol bomb thatll reveal myself. Frustrating as kitten

so why exacly again are you using engineer bombkit around things that register hits against them when you don't wan't to get revealed?

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:that sounds like your enemy have littered area with stealth detection traps.....

Nope, its literally a hitbox in thye objective. I'm using the engineer bombkit with big ol bomb thatll reveal myself. Frustrating as kitten

so why exacly again are you using engineer bombkit around things that register hits against them when you don't wan't to get revealed?

Is the point of this thread unclear to you or something? I suggest you go back to the OP and read it again

Is the point of this thread unclear to you or something? I suggest you go back to the OP and read it again

yes, so far it sounds that either: you are rambling about godknows what, or you are spamming damaging hits around area while in stealth complaining that some of objects trigger combat and revealed when hit.

I suggest you to either stop doing silly things and complaining about stuff happeing when you do silly things or to work on your skills of constructing coherent sentences and expressing your thoughts in ways that make sense

well i noticed i could stand from like 900yards range away from SM wall and pull off my autoattack chain. Didnt really affect the gameplay but well, are some weird places where your toon is considered "in range" with its meleerange abilities to slap stuff for no damage that is quite far away.

tldr: SM wall was considered to be within 130range when i was standing ~900 away. Obviously my hits deals no damage to the wall and not sure if it can affect the game except getting thrown out of stealth.

Ive tested it further. When using the speedy kits trait (where u get swiftness form equiping a kit, might be wrong name) the pull bomb u get form equipping bombkit has some weird ability to put u in combat when hitting walls/banner posts/stairs in enemy keeps,towers and campsAlso when using medkit nr1 on a bannerpost u litteraly hit the banner for 0dmg....

@Celsith.2753 said:Big Ole Bomb is a blast engies use to gain stealth I think, so it doesn't sound like he's mindlessly spamming.... ?

ok, fair point, but still blasting smoke field with damaging ability in proximity to objects that can be hit and then complaining about their existance is silly. (and OP could be more precise on wording as not everyone is expected to now all engi abilities....)

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

@Celsith.2753 said:Big Ole Bomb is a blast engies use to gain stealth I think, so it doesn't sound like he's mindlessly spamming.... ?

ok, fair point, but still blasting smoke field with damaging ability in proximity to objects that can be hit and then complaining about their existance is silly. (and OP could be more precise on wording as not everyone is expected to now all engi abilities....)

BUt why would the be able to be hit? thats my point. They are walls and banner posts. not gates

BUt why would the be able to be hit? thats my point. They are walls and banner posts. not gates

not sure what you score a hit against around banner posts but walls are kinda obvious - they are objects with HP that can be destroyed - with granted immunity against attacks that are not specific kind of sieges.

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

not sure what you score a hit against around banner posts but walls are kinda obvious - they are objects with HP that can be destroyed - with granted immunity against attacks that are not specific kind of sieges.

If I were to use any other engie ability on a wall i would not be put in combat im pretty sure other classes have abilities that cna put them in combat too

edit: it still does not make sense to have an objective thats immune to dmg but still can be affected by player skills

@Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:If I were to use any other engie ability on a wall i would not be put in combat im pretty sure other classes have abilities that cna put them in combat too

edit: it still does not make sense to have an objective thats immune to dmg but still can be affected by player skills

and this point I'd test out that engi ability against wooden wall to see if it scratches it xD(as far as I am aware guard/firebrand does not have ability capable of connecting a hit to a wall piece)

as for what makes sense and what not.... I'm looking at it from the perspective of code implementation - knowing history of AN I can only imagine what kind of tangled spaghetti monster can be around oldest chunk of code in the game.

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

@Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:If I were to use any other engie ability on a wall i would not be put in combat im pretty sure other classes have abilities that cna put them in combat too

as for what makes sense and what not.... I'm looking at it from the perspective of code implementation - knowing history of AN I can only imagine what kind of tangled spaghetti monster can be around oldest chunk of code in the game.

true true

Archived