Who are we and what do we do?
Bringers of Aggro [Oops] was formed in November 2011 for a small group of Guild Wars 1 players through regularly filling up the #Guild Wars tag on with our shenanigans in vanquishing and HM Dungeoneering, and since then we’ve grown steadily and can boast a relaxed, mature, LGBT friendly, (international!) multi-game community of adults! We are actively seeking new members who would be interested in making new friends from around the world. Generally speaking, we're a vocal and conversational lot, who are always interested in learning about our fellow members. Whether its helping with particularly tricksey achievements, bosses that you're too squishy to deal with, or starting a discussion about the potential purposes of circles in Orrian architecture- uh I mean, speculating and chatting about Guild Wars lore, you are almost guaranteed to find someone in [Oops] who will be down to help!
With Path of Fire behind us, Living World Season 4 running full steam ahead, (and so many of our veteran members returning to the game!), there has never been a better time to come and join in on the fun! We are a cosy guild and love adding people to our ranks! No worries if you are casual in play-style, busy in real life, don’t have a Level 80 etc- all are welcome here! We are a very social guild and like meeting new members who will come and chat, hang out and generally get to know each other as we game!
Our guild is built around good atmosphere and friendly conversation and the general rule of “don’t be a kitten”. Its not a difficult rule really, but for clarity’s sake, the full rules are available on our website (). The GW2 guild is based on NA servers (Blackgate), but all servers are welcome to join! (Note, we are primarily a NA guild, if you choose an European server, you will not be able to take part in our Guild Wars 2 ingame events)
Update and Edit!
With over 300 members now, we have decided to slow down our acceptance of new members- we've gained over a hundred from this post alone- By all means, continue to reach out to us if you're interested in joining the guild or have any questions, but we are currently looking for more socially active members. People who will be interested in getting to know us and give to the guild what they expect to get out of it. Thank you for reading and sticking with this long post! -Lavren
We have two main guild events each year, that our leaders put a lot of their time and resources into, along with several more frequent or out of game happenings that we love to chat about and experience.
- Prom - Yes we’re that cheesy, but really! Who can say no a “Prom King/Queen” award? Bring a friend, win some prizes! Other events include lore trivia, hide and seek, cheesy slow dances, Arena PvPvP Tournaments, Guild Hall jumping puzzle challenges, scavenger hunts and of course, the riddle-based KormirApproved™ AggroQuest!
- Halloween - [Oops] Gets spooky! Time to crack out the ingame cosplay! Fashion Wars 2 is important to us! And we love seeing our member’s creativity! After Trivia and other minigames, we tag up and lead our way through the Labyrinth, loot sticks swinging! We also encourage guildies to play creepy games together like Left 4 Dead!
- Eurovision watchalong - Not so well known to our non-European members, but you’ll either love it, hate it or love to hate it! Don’t approach it seriously, since it doesn’t take itself seriously!
- E3/PAX/Gamescom - Its like Eurovision with more ESPORTS and cringe but great fun to watch with friends!
- Table top RPGs - From Dragon Age to D&D we’ve got some serious campaigns ongoing as well as a silly yolo dungeon delver hotjoin on the go! (Uses Roll20.com)
- Raid training - New to raids? Perfect! Veteran at raids? Still perfect! Our raid training is very relaxed and focused on learning mechanics of each fight.
- Guild Hall decoration Bounties - Sometimes things just go missing or get placed somewhere strange, and a bounty from our scribes will show up in the Message of the day.
- Secret Santa and screenshot competitions at Wintersday - Prizes are usually gold, rare skins or maybe even Gems, if someone is feeling generous! Last Wintersday we even had a custom jumping puzzle! Keep an eye on our forums for more opportunities to win!
- Nightly Fractals group runs! Our dedicated mistwalkers are always interested in progression and dailies!
- Monthly Guild Missions The last Sunday of every month is our get-together where we can complete some group content, and hang out as a guild with pink-unicorn pride!
- Dungeon Master Days An ongoing effort at the weekends to help guild members complete lesser known dungeon paths for tokens and achievements!
- Captain Carrots' Achievement hunter One of our Officers has stepped up to offer organised aid to members with specific achievements from Living world, Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire.
- Direct GW2 perks from joining [Oops] include access to our Guild hall, getting to wear our fab emblem (His name is Percy) on your back-piece, armour etc; all of the maxed out upgraded harvesting nodes, and if you have Heart of Thorns, a complete selection of Tavern buffs (10% for 24 hours in various things).
- Discord server - We keep in touch outside of GW2 through our myriad of text and voice channels! We HIGHLY encourage joining our Discord as it’s the best way to mesh with the guild and stay on top of the latest guild info! No worries if you are shy: voice chat is an option, not a requirement, and most of our chatting happens on text channels. We even have a bot that will rank you up the more you add to conversations!
- We have an almost fully upgraded Guild Hall (Level 66!) and we recently teamed up and captured The Windswept Haven from the Awakened forces of Palawa Joko. Stop in at our tavern for a tall glass of +10% exp boost or a tasty +10% Magic Find tipple. The harvesting nodes refresh daily for all members to harvest.
- A chance to meet some of the best people I've ever met !
Do you play, I don't know...Other Games??
YEAH! We do! You can find our members playing Elder Scrolls Online, Secret World Legends, Overwatch, Warframe, Rocket League, Monster Hunter, FFXIV, Black Desert Online, Destiny 2 and more! Be sure to join our discord and check in with us for invites to our guild groups in other games or on Steam!
We have a chilled out guild branch in ESO, and a cross-server Linkshell for FFXIV (our main server is Midgardsormr on the Aether Datacenter).
Get in touch with us by replying to this post, sending us an ask on , commenting below, or writing us a mail or whisper in game, by contacting these fine leaders and Officers!
TL;DR Fun and inclusive Guild seeks fun and social members!
Some bonus info based off questions we get asked:
- We are an 18+ guild, with most members being in their 20s and 30s
- Our play-style when it comes to structured content like raids, fractals and dungeon grouping is “yolo”: meaning it happens when it happens. Raid training runs at least once a month with a focus currently on Bastion of the Penitent while Fractal grous tend to run most nights every week at T1 ot T4!
We get together formally for guild missions on the last Sunday of every month, however all member ranks are able to activate missions as they want to.
Being an international guild of adults, everyone has different schedules and availability and our guild activities reflect that.
The current guild size is 310 members! With around 20~ members active at a time during the weekends, and anywhere from 10-20 during the week, special events notwithstanding.
- We don’t have an issue with those wanting to join other guilds for WvW/raids or to be with friends, all we ask is that you use cross guild chat ingame, and keep up with our Discord server to chat with us!
- Make sure to be social and active in conversation in the guild; after a little while new members will be taken off probation and given a full member rank as the officers, leaders and mods see them taking part in guild activities and chats.
"May your aggro be as unexpected as it is overwhelming!"
psst Wanna check out some art'n'memes? Follow me on | | |
...Or maybe you need a rad guild with some chill people?
might be for you!