[NA][Oops] Social adult guild recruiting new and veteran players! — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[NA][Oops] Social adult guild recruiting new and veteran players!

ParagonPaladin.7516ParagonPaladin.7516 Member ✭✭
edited May 30, 2018 in Looking For Guild

Who are we and what do we do?

Bringers of Aggro [Oops] was formed in November 2011 for a small group of Guild Wars 1 players through regularly filling up the #Guild Wars tag on Tumblr with our shenanigans in vanquishing and HM Dungeoneering, and since then we’ve grown steadily and can boast a relaxed, mature, LGBT friendly, (international!) multi-game community of adults! We are actively seeking new members who would be interested in making new friends from around the world. Generally speaking, we're a vocal and conversational lot, who are always interested in learning about our fellow members. Whether its helping with particularly tricksey achievements, bosses that you're too squishy to deal with, or starting a discussion about the potential purposes of circles in Orrian architecture- uh I mean, speculating and chatting about Guild Wars lore, you are almost guaranteed to find someone in [Oops] who will be down to help!

With Path of Fire behind us, Living World Season 4 running full steam ahead, (and so many of our veteran members returning to the game!), there has never been a better time to come and join in on the fun! We are a cosy guild and love adding people to our ranks! No worries if you are casual in play-style, busy in real life, don’t have a Level 80 etc- all are welcome here! We are a very social guild and like meeting new members who will come and chat, hang out and generally get to know each other as we game!

Our guild is built around good atmosphere and friendly conversation and the general rule of “don’t be a kitten”. Its not a difficult rule really, but for clarity’s sake, the full rules are available on our website (please read the rules before asking to join!). The GW2 guild is based on NA servers (Blackgate), but all servers are welcome to join! (Note, we are primarily a NA guild, if you choose an European server, you will not be able to take part in our Guild Wars 2 ingame events)

Update and Edit!

With over 300 members now, we have decided to slow down our acceptance of new members- we've gained over a hundred from this post alone- By all means, continue to reach out to us if you're interested in joining the guild or have any questions, but we are currently looking for more socially active members. People who will be interested in getting to know us and give to the guild what they expect to get out of it. Thank you for reading and sticking with this long post! -Lavren

Events!

We have two main guild events each year, that our leaders put a lot of their time and resources into, along with several more frequent or out of game happenings that we love to chat about and experience.

• Prom - Yes we’re that cheesy, but really! Who can say no a “Prom King/Queen” award? Bring a friend, win some prizes! Other events include lore trivia, hide and seek, cheesy slow dances, Arena PvPvP Tournaments, Guild Hall jumping puzzle challenges, scavenger hunts and of course, the riddle-based KormirApproved™ AggroQuest!
  • Halloween - [Oops] Gets spooky! Time to crack out the ingame cosplay! Fashion Wars 2 is important to us! And we love seeing our member’s creativity! After Trivia and other minigames, we tag up and lead our way through the Labyrinth, loot sticks swinging! We also encourage guildies to play creepy games together like Left 4 Dead!
  • Eurovision watchalong - Not so well known to our non-European members, but you’ll either love it, hate it or love to hate it! Don’t approach it seriously, since it doesn’t take itself seriously!
  • E3/PAX/Gamescom - Its like Eurovision with more ESPORTS and cringe but great fun to watch with friends!
  • Table top RPGs - From Dragon Age to D&D we’ve got some serious campaigns ongoing as well as a silly yolo dungeon delver hotjoin on the go! (Uses Roll20.com)
  • Raid training - New to raids? Perfect! Veteran at raids? Still perfect! Our raid training is very relaxed and focused on learning mechanics of each fight.
  • Guild Hall decoration Bounties - Sometimes things just go missing or get placed somewhere strange, and a bounty from our scribes will show up in the Message of the day.
  • Secret Santa and screenshot competitions at Wintersday - Prizes are usually gold, rare skins or maybe even Gems, if someone is feeling generous! Last Wintersday we even had a custom jumping puzzle! Keep an eye on our forums for more opportunities to win!
  • Nightly Fractals group runs! Our dedicated mistwalkers are always interested in progression and dailies!
  • Monthly Guild Missions The last Sunday of every month is our get-together where we can complete some group content, and hang out as a guild with pink-unicorn pride!
  • Dungeon Master Days An ongoing effort at the weekends to help guild members complete lesser known dungeon paths for tokens and achievements!
  • Captain Carrots' Achievement hunter One of our Officers has stepped up to offer organised aid to members with specific achievements from Living world, Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire.

Perks!

• Direct GW2 perks from joining [Oops] include access to our Guild hall, getting to wear our fab emblem (His name is Percy) on your back-piece, armour etc; all of the maxed out upgraded harvesting nodes, and if you have Heart of Thorns, a complete selection of Tavern buffs (10% for 24 hours in various things).
  • Discord server - We keep in touch outside of GW2 through our myriad of text and voice channels! We HIGHLY encourage joining our Discord as it’s the best way to mesh with the guild and stay on top of the latest guild info! No worries if you are shy: voice chat is an option, not a requirement, and most of our chatting happens on text channels. We even have a bot that will rank you up the more you add to conversations!
  • We have an almost fully upgraded Guild Hall (Level 66!) and we recently teamed up and captured The Windswept Haven from the Awakened forces of Palawa Joko. Stop in at our tavern for a tall glass of +10% exp boost or a tasty +10% Magic Find tipple. The harvesting nodes refresh daily for all members to harvest.
  • A chance to meet some of the best people I've ever met !

Do you play, I don't know...Other Games??

YEAH! We do! You can find our members playing Elder Scrolls Online, Secret World Legends, Overwatch, Warframe, Rocket League, Monster Hunter, FFXIV, Black Desert Online, Destiny 2 and more! Be sure to join our discord and check in with us for invites to our guild groups in other games or on Steam!
We have a chilled out guild branch in ESO, and a cross-server Linkshell for FFXIV (our main server is Midgardsormr on the Aether Datacenter).

Interested?

Get in touch with us by replying to this post, sending us an ask on Tumblr, commenting below, or writing us a mail or whisper in game, by contacting these fine leaders and Officers!
-Lavren
-Citri
-Rhapsody Lightshard
-Captain Carrots
-Ghroud Scarbrick

TL;DR Fun and inclusive Guild seeks fun and social members!

Some bonus info based off questions we get asked:

• We are an 18+ guild, with most members being in their 20s and 30s
  • Our play-style when it comes to structured content like raids, fractals and dungeon grouping is “yolo”: meaning it happens when it happens. Raid training runs at least once a month with a focus currently on Bastion of the Penitent while Fractal grous tend to run most nights every week at T1 ot T4!
  • We get together formally for guild missions on the last Sunday of every month, however all member ranks are able to activate missions as they want to.
    Being an international guild of adults, everyone has different schedules and availability and our guild activities reflect that.

• The current guild size is 310 members! With around 20~ members active at a time during the weekends, and anywhere from 10-20 during the week, special events notwithstanding.

• We don’t have an issue with those wanting to join other guilds for WvW/raids or to be with friends, all we ask is that you use cross guild chat ingame, and keep up with our Discord server to chat with us!
  • Make sure to be social and active in conversation in the guild; after a little while new members will be taken off probation and given a full member rank as the officers, leaders and mods see them taking part in guild activities and chats.

"May your aggro be as unexpected as it is overwhelming!"
~Kormir (probably)

psst Wanna check out some art'n'memes? Follow me on Artstation | Twitter | facebook |
...Or maybe you need a rad guild with some chill people?
Bringers of Aggro [Oops] might be for you!

<13

Comments

• Hi all

I am very interested in joining your guild.

My fiance and I play regularly in the evenings and have a few level 80's each - looking to max our mastery's and play the HOT maps to death until the expansion comes out!

What world are you guys in? or does that matter, not sure on how that all works.

• @Charlie.3456 said:
    What world are you guys in? or does that matter, not sure on how that all works.

Most of us are on NA Blackgate but with megaserver, all servers get lumped together in PvE areas! Server only comes to play with World Versus World. I'll get in contact with you in game in a bit to see if you have more questions!

(☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞muh tumblr

• ParagonPaladin.7516ParagonPaladin.7516 Member ✭✭
    edited September 12, 2017

@Charlie.3456 said:

What Citri said. All of the NA servers get muddled together in the same pool of players now (at launch, severs were separate). The only barrier now is between regions- NA and EU players are entirely separate.

psst Wanna check out some art'n'memes? Follow me on Artstation | Twitter | facebook |

• I've been eyeballing your guild for a few weeks now. I'm going to get in contact with someone soon to chat.

• Hello! This game used to be my life when it first came out. But as years passed many guilds broke up and so I stopped playing. Now I've just re downloaded the game and am hoping to be active again. Looking for a friendly and supportive guild to help guide me with all the new updates that I find so confusing. I enjoy chatting and meeting new people and your description really stands out to me. Hopefully I hear from you soon!

~Faina

• @Despair.7865 said:
    I've been eyeballing your guild for a few weeks now. I'm going to get in contact with someone soon to chat.

@ShortStuff.4982 said:
    Hello! This game used to be my life when it first came out. But as years passed many guilds broke up and so I stopped playing. Now I've just re downloaded the game and am hoping to be active again. Looking for a friendly and supportive guild to help guide me with all the new updates that I find so confusing. I enjoy chatting and meeting new people and your description really stands out to me. Hopefully I hear from you soon!

~Faina

Awesome! I'll send you both a mail in-game and you can reply when you log in!

• Hi hi! I've been looking for a new guild to join and this one sounds like the perfect match!

• @Golden Xpug.3528 said:
    Hi hi! I've been looking for a new guild to join and this one sounds like the perfect match!

Cool! I've sent you an ingame mail too :+1:

• I am very interested in joining, shoot me up an in-game mail for the deets, ive been away for 2 years and I almost got my footing back, just need a friendly guild to hang out with

• @Weggie.3215 said:
    I am very interested in joining, shoot me up an in-game mail for the deets, ive been away for 2 years and I almost got my footing back, just need a friendly guild to hang out with

Excellent, I'll do just that!

• Hello! I have been away from the game for awhile and this sounds like a good Guild to join and talk to while getting back into the game.

• @Highway Bandit.3657 said:
    Hello! I have been away from the game for awhile and this sounds like a good Guild to join and talk to while getting back into the game.

Ok! I'll send you a mail when I get logged in this evening =]

• Hi there I am a new player ad very interested in joiing your guild. I am looking for an active one to join. I have a level 21 Sylvari currently

• @Lady Soap.9358 said:
    Hi there I am a new player ad very interested in joiing your guild. I am looking for an active one to join. I have a level 21 Sylvari currently

Hey there! I'm about to log in game and will get in touch!

(☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞muh tumblr

• I'm quite interested in a relaxed and casual group to join in some tom foolery in game when I'm able to play. Please do send me some more information!

• Lome.8239Lome.8239 Member ✭✭✭

Druid here. Seems like a great fit. I'll try to get in touch with someone tonight or tomorrow.

• I'm in game so I'll see if yall are online to get invites!

(☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞muh tumblr

• I'm interested in joining, but I have odd work hours...

• @Tybrim.1958 said:
    I'm interested in joining, but I have odd work hours...

We're kinda all really scattered when it comes to playtime and availability! When are your work hours usually?

(☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞muh tumblr

• @Citri.9540 said:

@Tybrim.1958 said:
    I'm interested in joining, but I have odd work hours...

We're kinda all really scattered when it comes to playtime and availability! When are your work hours usually?

I live in +9 GMT zone, so my typical play time is during EU/NA sleep time.

• Ohh ouch, I've been there I can't attest to how active we'll be during that timezone, unfortunately. You're welcome to join us though, and find out!

• @ParagonPaladin.7516 said:
    Ohh ouch, I've been there I can't attest to how active we'll be during that timezone, unfortunately. You're welcome to join us though, and find out!

Always down for adventure and challenges, that's why I'm here. Sign me up, I'll just lurk in the background ;)

• @Tybrim.1958 said:

@ParagonPaladin.7516 said:
    Ohh ouch, I've been there I can't attest to how active we'll be during that timezone, unfortunately. You're welcome to join us though, and find out!

Always down for adventure and challenges, that's why I'm here. Sign me up, I'll just lurk in the background ;)

Invite sent!

(☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞muh tumblr

• Do you guys even do guild missions? then i wanna join :)

• @Dean.7085 said:
    Do you guys even do guild missions? then i wanna join :)

We have them as member activation so they are pretty casual and spontaneous, rather than a tightly scheduled guild event. If there are a good amount of players on though, someone's bound to start one :D

• Hiya! Just came back to the game after quitting years ago and I've been looking for a guild to join. [Oops] sounds like it'd be a great fit. Let me know what I need to do to join you :)

• @Coruscating.4972 said:
    Hiya! Just came back to the game after quitting years ago and I've been looking for a guild to join. [Oops] sounds like it'd be a great fit. Let me know what I need to do to join you :)

I'll see if you're in game in a little bit to chat about joining, but if I miss you, I'll send you a message!

(☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞muh tumblr

• Hello players and potential cool and chill peeps! [Oops] is still recruiting, so don't be afraid to message one of our officers in game, through our Tumblr, or on this very thread if our tenets and activities look like something up your alley! Get in before we all take our first aggro-drawing steps on the Path of Fire :D

• We are super enjoying Path of Fire! Come join the fun with [Oops]! :3

(☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞muh tumblr

• Hello ! I'm just getting back for the xpac after a long time away , I would love to join your guild ! you guys sound like my play style , love to discover and once in a while fractals and dungeons , my favorite tho is the boss events :D all the loots !

• Here one old fart that is interested. Send me Inv :)

I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

• Hi interested in joining. Please send an invite!

• I would love to join your guild if you have a spot, I really wanna start doing raids, any help with that would be fantastic. :)

• Hi! I am very new to the game and looking for a guild to make some new friends and show me the ropes. I would love to be considered!

• I would definitely like to join this guild

• I'm curious how often these fun, social guild events like the Hide and Seek, scavenger hunts, gh jumping puzzles, etc...take place. Those sound like a good time, and I'd hope they occur fairly often. I'm mainly looking for a social experience with a guild, so that really appeals to me.

• Citri.9540Citri.9540 Member ✭✭
    edited September 29, 2017

@Zaalg.3217 said:
    I'm curious how often these fun, social guild events like the Hide and Seek, scavenger hunts, gh jumping puzzles, etc...take place. Those sound like a good time, and I'd hope they occur fairly often. I'm mainly looking for a social experience with a guild, so that really appeals to me.

Hey there! So we do 2 major parties/events a year: one in late October (Halloween) and one in summer (Prom). This is where a lot of in-game games will take place like Hide and Seek, a jumping puzzle race, scavenger hunts, trivia, etc. We also hold forum games during these events too so if people can't make it, they can still participate somehow, and we always send out goodie bags to members who either attend or say they want one!
    We have smaller events for Wintersday, Valentine's Day and GW2 Anniversary. Due to everyone being busy around these times, this is when we tend to shift to games that can be done on the forums or via screenshot submission. So think trivia, fashion contests, costume or screenshot contests, Secret Santa, etc. More lower key events that people can do in between finals or holiday visits.
    As far as the guild hall JP, one of our leaders will switch it up every now and then! This doesn't happen on any sort of schedule so I can't really say how many times a year it will be done, but he works super hard on them and it's always fun to see what he comes up with :)

Hopefully that explained a bit more about our events for ya! Since we're not a mega-guild and never will be one, we can't provide guild events on a weekly basis (or even monthly sometimes) but we definitely work to make our events as awesome as possible! :+1: Let me know if you have more questions!

Edit: Also to anyone who commented above, I sent you all a PM! Let me know on here if you are unable to respond (Im unsure of free account restrictions)

(☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞muh tumblr

• Hey there! I am a returning player looking for a good community to play GW2 with. I have been gone so long I might as well be a new player though XD. I might also want to join your Warframe clan (love that game). You can message me on discord, Xenocide007#1564. I will try to reach out to some leaders listed here tonight as well.

• I sent you a mail there, Shrackx! Let me know if you're interested still o/

• I just came back after a long break, and my preferred content is pvp. That being said, I can be coerced into leaving my pvp cave and doing other fun stuff. :) Is there a place for a player like me?

<13
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.