Who are we and what do we do?
[Oops] was formed in 2011 for a small group of Guild Wars 1 players through , and since then we’ve grown steadily and can boast a relaxed, mature, LGBT friendly, multi-game community of adults!
(Note, we are primarily a NA guild, if you choose an European world, you will not be able to take part in our ingame events)
With Path of Fire behind us and Living World Season 4 coming up on the horizon, and so many of our veteran members returning to the game, there has never been a better time to come and join in on the fun! We are a cozy guild and love adding people to our ranks! No worries if you are casual in play-style, busy in real life, don’t have a Level 80 etc- all are welcome here! We are a social guild and like meeting new members who will come and chat with us!
Our guild is built around good atmosphere and friendly conversation and the general rule of “don’t be a kitten”. Its not a difficult rule really, but for clarity’s sake, the full rules are available on our website (). The GW2 guild is based on NA servers (Blackgate), but all servers are welcome to join!
We have two main guild events each year, that our leaders put a lot of their time and resources into, along with several more frequent or out of game happenings that we love to chat about and experience.
- Prom - Yes we’re that cheesy, but really! Who can say no a “Prom King/Queen” award? Bring a friend, win some prizes! Other events include lore trivia, hide and seek, cheesy slow dances, Arena PvPvP Tournaments, Guild Hall jumping puzzle challenges, scavenger hunts and of course, the riddle-based KormirApproved™ AggroQuest!
- Halloween - [Oops] Gets spooky! Time to crack out the ingame cosplay! Fashion Wars 2 is important to us! And we love seeing our member’s creativity! After Trivia and other minigames, we tag up and lead our way through the Labyrinth, loot sticks swinging! We also encourage guildies to play creepy games together like Left 4 Dead!
- Eurovision watchalong - Not so well known to our non-European members, but you’ll either love it, hate it or love to hate it! Don’t approach it seriously, since it doesn’t take itself seriously!
- E3/PAX/Gamescom - Its like Eurovision with more ESPORTS and cringe but great fun to watch with friends!
- Table top RPGs - From Dragon Age to D&D we’ve got some serious campaigns ongoing as well as a silly yolo dungeon delver hotjoin on the go! (Uses Roll20.com)
- Raid training - New to raids? Perfect! Veteran at raids? Still perfect! Our raid training is very relaxed and focused on learning mechanics of each fight. (Twice a month)
- Guild Hall decoration Bounties - Sometimes things just go missing or get placed somewhere strange, and a bounty from our scribes will show up in the Message of the day.
- Secret Santa and screenshot competitions at Wintersday - Prizes are usually gold, rare skins or maybe even Gems, if someone is feeling generous! Last Wintersday we even had a custom jumping puzzle! Keep an eye on our forums for more opportunities to win!
- Direct GW2 perks from joining [Oops] include access to our Lvl60 Guild hall, getting to wear our fab emblem (His name is Percy) on your back-piece, armour etc; all of the maxed out upgraded harvesting nodes, and if you have Heart of Thorns, a complete selection of Tavern buffs (10% for 24 hours in various things). We will be getting the new guild hall in Path of Fire shortly after launch too!
- Discord server - We keep in touch outside of GW2 through our myriad of text and voice channels! We HIGHLY encourage joining our Discord as it’s the best way to mesh with the guild and stay on top of the latest guild info! No worries if you are shy: voice chat is not a requirement, and most of our chatting happens on text channels. We even have a bot that will rank you up the more you chat!
- We have an almost fully upgraded Guild Hall (Level 61!) and we recently teamed up and captured The Windswept Haven from the Awakened forces of Palawa Joko. Stop in at our tavern for a tall glass of +10% exp boost or a tasty +10% Magic Find tipple. The harvesting nodes refresh daily for all members to harvest.
Do you play, I don't know...Other Games??
YEAH! We do! You can find our members playing Elder Scrolls Online, Secret World Legends, Overwatch, Warframe, Rocket League and more! Be sure to join our discord and check in with us for invites to our guild groups in other games or on Steam!
Get in touch with us by replying to this post, sending us an ask on , commenting below, or writing us a mail or whisper in game, by contacting these fine leaders!
TL;DR Fun and inclusive Guild seeks fun and inclusive members!
Some bonus info based off questions we get asked:
- We are an 18+ guild, with most being in their 20s and 30s
Our play-style when it comes to structured content like raids, fractals and dungeon grouping is “yolo”: meaning it happens when it happens. If you are looking for weekly or nightly scheduled activities like these, you might find yourself getting impatient with our more relaxed pace.
Being an international guild of adults, everyone has different schedules and availability and our guild activities reflect that.
We don’t have an issue with those wanting to join other guilds for WvW/raids or to be with friends, all we ask is that you use cross guild chat/Discord to chat with us!
"May your aggro be as unexpected as it is overwhelming!"