[NA][Oops] The Bringers of Aggro - A multi-game community guild (PvE | Mature | Casual)

ParagonPaladin.7516

(Updated: 1/07/2023)

Who are we and what do we do?

Bringers of Aggro [Oops] was formed in November 2011 for a rowdy group of Guild Wars 1 players who kept filling up the game's tag on Tumblr with tomfoolery, funny business, and last but not least, shenanigans. We've changed and grown with the years, but at our core, we are still just a group of friends who like playing games together- and sharing little parts of our lives along the way. If this sounds good to you, keep reading!

We are an excellent fit for people who are chatty, social and are open to making new friends. Joining such a long standing group can sometimes be intimidating but we hope you will give us a shot! Whether you are casual or hardcore, your character level, playtime and game experience- it doesn't matter; All flavors of game enjoyers are welcome here. [Oops]  is built on, first and foremost, having fun. (Which seems like a no-brainer for a gaming guild, really.) 

We strongly recommend that you join our Discord server- most of our members take part in a variety of (text) chats about such important topics as "Pets", "Food" and "Frog Thread!" as well as being the hub for our Guild announcements, events and hangouts. Even during times of the infamous gamer burnout, people will still be in Discord talking about the game, answering questions or just enjoying each other's company.

General guild info

• Majority of our members speak English as their first or second language.
  • Until WvW restructuring is complete, our WvW server is on Blackgate.
  • We're an 18+ guild, with most members being in their 20's and 30's.
  • We've been together for over 12 years, and we're set to continue!
  • Our ingame roster size is around 200~, with our core group of active members being around 10-15 at peak times. This comes and goes with expansions and living world releases. 
  • We're most active from around 4 hours before daily reset, and especially during Festivals and after Living Story updates.
  • [Oops] welcome to everyone! Whether you fall under the umbrella of LGBTQIA+ or not.
  • We have Zero Tolerance for transphobia, homophobia, anti-semitism,  racisim or sexisim.

We have several Discord members well versed in the current GW2 PvE, (raid, fractal and strike) meta builds / playstyles, and will be happy to help you or give suggestions for build or class choice. What Runes should I use on my Condi-brand? What Sigils go on the offhand for a chrono tank after the changes? DO we still use Mirage in Largos Twins?? Did Ele get nerfed again?? (yes. It's a timeless joke.)
Someone will know, and will be able to help you out! (but we are pretty casual overall, so it's never coming from a place of lip curling internet malevolence.  This is from someone who took sigils of ogre slaying on his Hammer tank guardian, into a battle with Vale Guardian.)

Outside of Guild Wars 2

We highly encourage all members to join and participate in our guild Discord server. With the sad demise of the Internet Forum (cough cough), Discord is truly the backbone of our community and the fastest way to get involved and make new friends. Even during times of the infamous burnout and content drought, people will still be in Discord talking about the game, playing other games together or chatting about all sorts of topics- from "look at this sweet desert I just baked?" to "How can I improve my fashion-wars??"

There will be no pressure to immediately jump into a voice channel with a bunch of strangers, chat in text and get to know us first! We primarily use the text chat within the server, and we use the voice rooms for coordinating in various games-  for raids or high end fractals, watchalongs, and for the occasional game of D&D!

Discord notifications can be tailored via a role selection system that you are in control of, and we promise not to abuse the @ everyone tag!

Our guild is built around good atmosphere, a desire for friendly conversation and the general rule of “don’t be a jerk”. Racism, sexism, homophobia and other derogatory words and content are not tolerated. We have no room for toxic drama, malicious intent or other forms of negativity in our guild. We aim to be an inclusive and safe space for all members, and in the spirit of that, we have a #Serious channel where we can just talk about real life for a bit, if any of our guildies are going through a rough time or want advice on various matters. This channel is locked behind a server level system, so that no-random new players can stumble into the chat, unknowing. 

Full rules are available on our tumblr. Please read them before asking to join!We will ask to make sure you're okay with the rules as we uphold them in game and in our Discord.

Guild Perks:

• Getting to wear our fabulous unicorn emblem (his name is Percy!)🦄
  • Fully upgraded guild halls in GW1 (Isle of Meditation) and GW2 (Isle of Reflection). 
  • The GW2 hall comes with maxed out daily harvesting nodes, a complete selection of buffs from our Tavern, an easy access Jadebot workbench and a seasonally appropriate decoration theme.
  • [Oops] Social Media: We've made our unicorn mark across the internet! We have a Steam group page, a Twitter, a Tumblr and a Facebook for you to join.
  • Discord: Full of various text and voice channels for you to use and bots that dispense information or rank you up the more you chat. In game guild chat a little quiet? We're probably here!
    Discord Giveaways: For members who take part in discord actively, we often run giveaways for ingame items, gold, steam game codes, and once, notably a Nintendo Switch?!
  • Watchalongs: Every year we gather up in Discord to watch Eurovision, FFXIV fan fest and gaming events like Pax or Directs together. RIP E3. Must see tv!
  • Raids: As raid interest has waned, we no longer run an [Oops] raid night, however Veteran Raiders can answer the call for a sub or even replacement from our alliance guilds, Relics of Orr [RO] and Heroes of Old [Hero]. With no few members still working on Legendary Envoy armor, you will find someone!
  • Achievement Hunting: Our guild is big on collecting cheevos. If you need help getting an achievement, ask in guild chat or in Discord and chances are there will be others who will help or need help! Most recently, we ran a very successful 6 minutes to Knightfall!

What else do you play?

In addition to GW2 and the original Guild Wars, you can find our members playing Tabletop RPG's like Monster of the Week, D&D 5th edition, Lethal Company, The Elder Scrolls Online, Overwatch 2, Destiny 2, Elden Ring, Rocket League, Monster Hunter World, Warframe, Animal Crossing, FFXIV, Dead by Daylight, Gems of War and even the much memed "Secret of the Magic Crystal."
Some of these games even have [Oops] guild branches for you to join, if you so wish!

• Of course, we have a core of old school Guild Wars 1 fans in Oops, so occasionally we have a "Return" event to work on some long term goals.
  • (FFXIV) We have cross-server Linkshell on Aether datacenter- though our members are scattered between NA and EU. 
  • We have our own Destiny 2 Clan!
  • One of our members has kindly volunteered their residence in ESO as our crafting hub guild hall, details in Discord!
  • Our Trove club world is a work of ever expanding art! Sometimes you can't just ignore the collaborative block building itch!

Interested?

Get in touch with us by replying to this post, sending us an ask on Tumblr, commenting below, or writing us a mail or whisper in game, by contacting these fine leaders and officers!

-Lavren (GMT)
-Citri (UTC-6)
-Captain Carrots (UTC-6)
-Clove Zolan (UTC-6)
-Henry Irons (UTC-6)

If you can't seem to catch us online, you will definitely get a response through twitter or tumblr! (make sure to tell us an account name or character name!)

Or, if you would rather simply join our Discord and join that way, feel free!  Please just say hello and introduce yourself- who you are and from whence you've come. (So we know you aren't a bot or phishing scam lmao)

TL;DR Fun and inclusive Guild seeks fun and social members!

"May your aggro be as unexpected as it is overwhelming!"~Kormir (probably)

Edited by ParagonPaladin.7516
Updating information!

Hi all

I am very interested in joining your guild.

My fiance and I play regularly in the evenings and have a few level 80's each - looking to max our mastery's and play the HOT maps to death until the expansion comes out!

What world are you guys in? or does that matter, not sure on how that all works.

@Charlie.3456 said:What world are you guys in? or does that matter, not sure on how that all works.

Most of us are on NA Blackgate but with megaserver, all servers get lumped together in PvE areas! Server only comes to play with World Versus World. I'll get in contact with you in game in a bit to see if you have more questions!

Hello! This game used to be my life when it first came out. But as years passed many guilds broke up and so I stopped playing. Now I've just re downloaded the game and am hoping to be active again. Looking for a friendly and supportive guild to help guide me with all the new updates that I find so confusing. I enjoy chatting and meeting new people and your description really stands out to me. Hopefully I hear from you soon!

~Faina

@Despair.7865 said:I've been eyeballing your guild for a few weeks now. I'm going to get in contact with someone soon to chat.

@ShortStuff.4982 said:Hello! This game used to be my life when it first came out. But as years passed many guilds broke up and so I stopped playing. Now I've just re downloaded the game and am hoping to be active again. Looking for a friendly and supportive guild to help guide me with all the new updates that I find so confusing. I enjoy chatting and meeting new people and your description really stands out to me. Hopefully I hear from you soon!

~Faina

Awesome! I'll send you both a mail in-game and you can reply when you log in!

@ParagonPaladin.7516 said:Ohh ouch, I've been there I can't attest to how active we'll be during that timezone, unfortunately. You're welcome to join us though, and find out!

Always down for adventure and challenges, that's why I'm here. Sign me up, I'll just lurk in the background ;)

@Tybrim.1958 said:

@ParagonPaladin.7516 said:Ohh ouch, I've been there I can't attest to how active we'll be during that timezone, unfortunately. You're welcome to join us though, and find out!

Always down for adventure and challenges, that's why I'm here. Sign me up, I'll just lurk in the background ;)

Invite sent!