[Video] Holo outnumbered play in PvP

Mbelch.9028

Might have been the second game I had seen you in ;). I like that we can see people from the forums in game. It was a fun match. Sorry you got placed in the video, but I hope we get to be on the same team in the future.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Lol, i remember trying to +1 for the revhe went down too fast, I don't know why he stood ground with 10% health instead of running to recover while I was there

@Mbelch.9028 said:Might have been the second game I had seen you in ;). I like that we can see people from the forums in game. It was a fun match. Sorry you got placed in the video, but I hope we get to be on the same team in the future.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Lol, i remember trying to +1 for the revhe went down
too
fast, I don't know why he stood ground with 10% health instead of running to recover while I was there

Lol. It's all good. I'm glad I don't get stomped out too hahaha....

Thief rule #1 run like a beach if your mate dies

Nice video, epic skill and all.But please tell me, how is it OK for "supposedly" a glass cannon class with 0 healing power to have 20k per ~20 seconds of potential heals.(turret + field blasting + hmist + field blasting + heat therapy + regen).

I once saw an argument in this forum, where one dude said "holo has too much heals". And some holo dude replied "LUL I only have turret and mist, while the rest of my healing comes from blasting water field. Which takes skill, therefore it's OK and not imbalanced."

@"Tiah.3091" said:Nice video, epic skill and all.But please tell me, how is it OK for "supposedly" a glass cannon class with 0 healing power to have 20k per ~20 seconds of potential heals.(turret + field blasting + hmist + field blasting + heat therapy + regen).

I once saw an argument in this forum, where one dude said "holo has too much heals". And some holo dude replied "LUL I only have turret and mist, while the rest of my healing comes from blasting water field. Which takes skill, therefore it's OK and not imbalanced."

Hey there! Thanks for watching the vid and for your comments!

On holo:I'm not glass cannon, in the typical convention. Demo isn't truly glass, as it invests valuable points into toughness. I also invest in leadership to capitalize on vigor and stability. Lastly, I invest in a defensive traitline, whereas I could invest in a glass traitline.I also don't think it's 20k per 20 seconds. I think it's more like 11k per 20 seconds if you use EVERYTHING you have to blast fields. But when you do that, not only is your mobility crippled, but so is your burst potential. Essentially, I live but it takes me a longer time to get back into the fight.In the past, I've suggested that Holo could use shaves, but it really is fairly well situated in the meta, in my opinion. If it gets nerfed, a bunch of other specs need to be nerfed too. While we're at it, buff all the core specs a ton. I miss my d/d ele.

EDIT: I did the math with my build. Accounting for about 5 seconds of regen, plus ALL blast finishers and utilizing mist with a leap, you're at 9,000 healing. You've given up a TON to achieve that 9k HP, which if I may point out, is a 1-hit skill by things like a reaper or a Rev when played well. On average, it's much more like 5.5-6k hp, which is less than healing signet, with the same capability of crippling yourself for extra heals if needed.I'd say holo's healing is actually fairly balanced.

@"Tiah.3091" said:Nice video, epic skill and all.But please tell me, how is it OK for "supposedly" a glass cannon class with 0 healing power to have 20k per ~20 seconds of potential heals.(turret + field blasting + hmist + field blasting + heat therapy + regen).

I'm guessing you're talking about me, because I made that precise argument.

First, it's not 20k healing per 20 seconds. That's ludicrous by any standpoint. It's around 6-7k average, 8k at a stretch if you get lucky and have quickness. Throw in mist + leap, another 1-2k ish.

And yeah, my argument still holds true. Using combo fields is an innate part of engineer, and blasting + leaping through them represents a depth of knowledge about the game mechanics that other players can also take advantage of (not necessarily equally, some classes do combos better). There's an argument to be made for heat therapy being toned down, but not really against healing turret.

As to the OP, not bad. Reminds me of a lot of games I've played. There's always an element of luck to it... sometimes you're barely hanging on by a thread, but you can come back.

Oh, please don't start. 6-7k? you want to say, that Holo has a sustain of a fucking Mirage? We both know this is wrong.20k per 20s is probably an overstatement by me. But if there's no dedicated team healer like FB, or at least a hybrind spec like mender weaver or sage scourge. In that case, the medal for the best healing will go either to Holo or Spellbreaker, both of whom are demo amulets. And both of whom can (and will) oneshot you in a good combo.

My point was, that when someone has BOTH good sustain AND good good damage, it's not what you call balanced. I'm not saying Holo is the most broken dude of them all, but it could use some tuning.1) Thermal Release Valve, 2) Heat Therapy, 3) Adrenal Implant and overall almost permanent uptime of vigor synergizes FAR TO WELL. None of the talents (nor vigor itself, ofc) is not even close to being strong BY ITSELF (well, aside from TRV, probably). But together they are like TOO MUCH.

Seriously, this game needs jesus nerfs. (Like, the whole pvp balance, not just holo.)

@Tiah.3091 said:Oh, please don't start. 6-7k? you want to say, that Holo has a sustain of a kitten Mirage? We both know this is wrong.20k per 20s is probably an overstatement by me. But if there's no dedicated team healer like FB, or at least a hybrind spec like mender weaver or sage scourge. In that case, the medal for the best healing will go either to Holo or Spellbreaker, both of whom are demo amulets. And both of whom can (and will) oneshot you in a good combo.

My point was, that when someone has BOTH good sustain AND good good damage, it's not what you call balanced. I'm not saying Holo is the most broken dude of them all, but it could use some tuning.1) Thermal Release Valve, 2) Heat Therapy, 3) Adrenal Implant and overall almost permanent uptime of vigor synergizes FAR TO WELL. None of the talents (nor vigor itself, ofc) is not even close to being strong BY ITSELF (well, aside from TRV, probably). But together they are like TOO MUCH.

Seriously, this game needs jesus nerfs. (Like, the whole pvp balance, not just holo.)

• 6-7k is for Healing turret, which was my point. 6-7k is a good estimate for a leap + blast finisher + HT + Overcharge, which isn't guaranteed necessarily, but I'm generally able to get that to happen. Under optimal circumstances I can get 8k, potentially 9k healing, but that requires a lot to go right. In short, under worst circumstance HT provides only 2.5k healing, at best 9-10k healing, average around 6-7k.
  • Thermal Release Valve does about 800-1000 healing per dodge.
  • Heat Therapy can easily do 6000 healing over about 10 seconds if given the full duration to heal. In combat, that's not always the case (as it may be optimal to enter PF sooner), but that's a reasonable number.
  • Adrenal Implant stacks with vigor for 100% increase in endurance regen (10 seconds per bar -> 5 seconds per bar).

I would say you definitely have a case against Heat Therapy here -- Its healing is very high, barely modified by healing power, and is completely passive. Since thermal release valve feeds into it (thermal release valve's healing is determined by heat dissipation), if you reduced heat therapy by about 1/2, you'd resolve issues with thermal release valve. I don't think adrenal implant needs any nerfing, nor does HT because the effort involved in getting HT to pay out high amounts of heals burns a lot of skills.

@"Ovark.2514" said:Don't say "EZ" when you win a fight; all it does is infuriate players and make you look like a child.

You talking about me saying ez? Hehe, that was in my "Karma" section because some kid said "ez" for 2v1ing my allied warrior to death. So I went in and 1v2'd him, killing him before the game ended. So I said ez, because it was and wanted him to be sad :p

(Would never say it otherwise)

@"Arheundel.6451" said:Passives to save the kitten...perma boons+holo5 to guarantee skillful gameplay ......this is the last example of possibly skillful gameplay in this game

and even there I have some doubts...by contrast these passive perma boons gimmicks are anything but skillful

Just like most of your posts, I don't understand this one............... Thanks for watching, I think?

Archived