Scrapper is Bugged and Might Need a Boost

N A T E.3108

So the main reason for this post is to hopefully get anet's attention about a bug for scrap: Hammer #2 (Electro Whirl) will not reflect anything within the Free-for-All Arena in HotM. I have been reporting this bug for a year now and no changes have been made... please, for just some minor quality of life, can we have that fixed?

Secondly, I am a major fan of Tool Kit; however, magnet has been extremely buggy recently, causing the pull to fail about 30% of the time. Generally it will visually pull the target to you, but the target will rubber band back to its original location without reason before you can hit it. Its just a sad waste of time.

Third, as I know you all are aware, scrapper is an all but dead class. I am currently (from what I've seen) the only successful scrapper in pvp- and that isn't an exaggeration. Scrapper has really only received nerfs since path of fire launched, and in the few areas where there have been improvements have actually been better for holosmith than scrapper. Scrapper specifically needs some help. It was a dead class even before pof launched, pof launched and it still was even more dead, since then, it has been nerfed multiple times (prot injection, condi removal from elixers, longer cd on traited elixer s, less stun duration, etc) and is still a dead class. We need something- not a lot, just something to bring scrapper specifically up to par with every other class in game. I have a few ideas how if you all are curious but until then...

Thanks,

A L I E N / S P U D

P.S> Turrets and Utility Gyros are all but useless and might as well be removed from the game (Sneak gyro isn't as bad.. its just not the best).

I saw you respond to my bug post about this as well, tyvm! I love hanging out in the arena and practicing against all types, but the fact that hammer 2 is broken means I cant really practice the timing.

As a scrapper main in the top 150, I would argue maybe there are two of us, and I run full gyros. There are quite a few minor adjustements Id like to see aswell. I have faith that arena net has something planned, but every patch that comes out that doesnt even slightly address scrapper..makes my heart sink.Thanks for making this postCatch me in game : Leckman

@N A T E.3108 said:Third, as I know you all are aware, scrapper is an all but dead class.

now I'm not a spvp'er so I can't speak on that end, but its no where near dead in wvw, my groups normally have 1 scrapper for 10 people because of it easily being able to provide enough super speed for them all as well as being one of the best healing outputs, though I do think they could seriously benefit from reworking gyros to not be so janky in their pathing

@redwing.9580 said:

@N A T E.3108 said:Third, as I know you all are aware, scrapper is an all but dead class.

now I'm not a spvp'er so I can't speak on that end, but its no where near dead in wvw, my groups normally have 1 scrapper for 10 people because of it easily being able to provide enough super speed for them all as well as being one of the best healing outputs, though I do think they could seriously benefit from reworking gyros to not be so janky in their pathing

Janky gyros is honestly one of the main complaints you'll see regarding scrapper, they are ridiculously bad at pathing and overall following.

@Lunateric.3708 said:

Janky gyros is honestly one of the main complaints you'll see regarding scrapper, they are ridiculously bad at pathing and overall following.

yeah thats really only it, but I never really use the pathing, I normally blow up blast gyro just to give out that super speed, and bulwark just to help safe teammates from large bomb that normally end up killing the gyro within a few seconds, the closest time I've used the pathing to my advantage is when I use sneak gyro, jump off a cliff that won't kill me, then the enemy players chase after the gyro thinking that I'm right next to it, but that only really works because of the mind sets of the enemy

@Chaith.8256 said:

@"Noha.3749" said:i want bruiser scrapper back :( that would make me come back to my good old "main".

You can play it right now.. Totally functional build. Check some of my gameplay videos, twitch.tv/chaithh

It for sure looks interesting enough, but does it have anything over holosmiths atm? Its mightupkeep seems quite limited outside of the regular you get from alchemy and if you land your third AA, and sure its tankier with Paladins amulet but... is it enough to make it a worthy alternative?

@Noha.3749 said:

@Noha.3749 said:i want bruiser scrapper back :( that would make me come back to my good old "main".

You can play it right now.. Totally functional build. Check some of my gameplay videos, twitch.tv/chaithh

It for sure looks interesting enough, but does it have anything over holosmiths atm? Its mightupkeep seems quite limited outside of the regular you get from alchemy and if you land your third AA, and sure its tankier with Paladins amulet but... is it enough to make it a worthy alternative?

You need Scrapper to be overall on par or better than Holo to play it??

Revive allies, hold points while 1v1ing, Holo can't do that so much. Obviously you will sacrifice a lot of killing power.

@Chaith.8256 said:

@Noha.3749 said:i want bruiser scrapper back :( that would make me come back to my good old "main".

You need Scrapper to be overall on par or better than Holo to play it??

Revive allies, hold points while 1v1ing, Holo can't do that so much. Obviously you will sacrifice a lot of killing power.

nah i dont need scrapper to do holos job, just that its "other strengths" makes up for not simply playing a holo is what i want...

Archived