just another way to buff ele..

DEATHsCLAW.1978

Goal: giving Anet an idea how to make DD-Ele and DD-Tempest useful for pvp while barely affecting Weaver.

my Ideas:-move fire aura to dagger main hand to make better use of the new trait Smothering Auras in Fire line (bc u will never use that trait on scepter or staff) to give Elementalist some good condi cleanse via Fire-Traitline &Dagger main hand.

-adding auras to warhorn to further support the aura mechanic while on tempest and make it worth considering over dagger or focus on support tempest

-reduce some cooldowns on dagger for more fluid rotations and buffing its damage.with some more to Cantrips and Shouts this should make DD-core ele (fire/water/arcane), DD-Tempest Healer (fire/water/tempest) viable. maybe also some other Tempest builds since the dependency on water for condi cleanse is reduced.

-also Focus sees some changes like a close to midrange pulsing blind to counter enemy close combat fighters

-

Mecanical Stuff:Transmute Aura Skills affect allies and enemies in a range of 300 (from 240), reduce their cooldowns to 2s

Weapon changesDagger:

Fire1 Dragons Claw:2 Fire Shield: moved from focus, reduce cd to 10s, increase buning stacks to 2 for 6s and increase damage by 30% on Transmute skill,3 Burning Speed:4 Ring of Fire: reduce cd to 12s5 Fire Grab:

Air1 Lightning Whip:2 Lightning Touch: increase range to 450 and damage by 20%, reduce cooldown to 6s3 Shocking Aura:4 Ride the Lightning: reduce cooldown to 25s5 Updraft: reduce cooldown to 25s

Water:1 Vapor Blade: increase damage by 30%2 Cone of Cold: add 1s vigor per pulse3 Frozen Burst: double the damage4 Frostaura: reduce cd to 25s5: Cleansing Wave: reduce cd to 25s

Earth1 Impale: increase range to 600, add cripple (2s) and make it castable while facing opposite direction2 Ring of Earth: increase cast time to 1s and add a second hit (total a 100%dmg increase), increase cooldown to 8s, gain 3s of stability per hit3 Magnetic Leap: reduce cd to 10s, add 1s evade4 Earthquake: reduce cd to 25s5 Churning Earth: add protection and stability upon casting

Focus:

Fire4 Flamewall: increase crossing damage by a lot (even a factor 10 wouldnt hurt)  and increase cooldown to 25s5 Drakes Breath: moved from Dagger, add 1s blind per pulse and increase cd to 25s

Air4 Swirling Winds: reduce cd to 25s5: Gale:

Earth:4 Magnetic Wave:5 Obsidian Flesh:

Water4 Freezing Gust:5 Comet:

Warhorn:

reduce the cooldown of all Warhorn Skills to 25s

Fire4 Heat Sync: grant fire aura to allies in addition to the boons you spread5 Wildfire: increase duration to 10s

Air4 Cyclone:5 Lightning Orb:

Water4 Tidal Sourge: also grants other allies frost aura when healed5 Water Globe: add vigor (2s) per pulse

Earth4 Sand Squall:5 Dust Storm:

Traits:

Tempest:Invigorating Torrents: auras you apply also grant vigor, regeneration and protection (3s each, merged with Elemental Shielding from Earth line)Reason: freeing Tempest from speccing Earth just for the protection

Earth:Elemental Shielding: now grants magnetic Aura when swapping to earthRock Solid: increase to 4s of stability and add stunbreak

Water:Soothing Power: now increases effectiviness by 200% instead of 100%Reason: giving ele a good alternative if Cleansing Water is not needed

Fire:Soothering Auras: Nerf the removed Conditions on Transmute Aura skills to one (from 2)Reason: since more auras are applied it would make this trait quite OP..

Utility Skills:

Armor of Earth: reduce cooldown to 35sLightning Flash: reduce cooldown to 35sCleansing Fire: reduce cooldown to 25sMist Form: reduce cooldown to 50sAftershock: now also applies stability 2stacks, 6s) for alliesFlash Freeze and Feel the Burn: now both use the ammo system with a 5s cooldown, 25s count recharge and a max.count of 2

lets discuss & hope anet finally does something for our poor eles

@DEATHsCLAW.1978 said:Tempest:Invigorating Torrents: auras you apply also grant vigor, regeneration and protection (3s each, merged with Elemental Shielding from Earth line)Reason: freeing Tempest from speccing Earth just for the protection

I can't even tell you how happy this one would make me. Ele is so close to having a viable healing role, if not perfectly meta due to the lack of offensives buffs. The main thing holding it back is how it needs 5 trait lines to do the job. Water for heals and boon share, Fire/Air for Fury, Earth for Protection, Arcane for the speed rez, and of course Tempest for access to enough auras to make it worthwhile. If they fix even 2 of these problems so the traits have some synergy (Add Fury to the Earth tree, Protection to the Tempest tree, speed rez to Water in T2 of traits) we'll see a huge uptick in the number of viable tempest healers.

Rending Earth: Blast finishers now grant furyHealing Waves: Cast Geyser when reviving. Gain frost aura. Geyser and Water Trident now heal downed alliesInvigorating Torrents: Add 4 seconds of Protection to the Skill

Doing all 3 would give Tempests some actual some build variety, but just 2 is all it would take to make Tempest slightly viable.

As an aside:

Rock Solid: Double the length of time stability lasts OR have it give 2 stacks. Make it apply based on auras.

This last one is more of a PvP focused change, but would make support tempest a little more competitive.

Some nice ideas. I really think arena net needs to look into giving Tempest more fluidity with Auras and some suggestions here seem fairly good. I think naturally nick put it right, tempest can be a great healing role if it didnt need all 5 trait lines to do so. I wholeheartedly support reworking some of these aura traits since as a gimmick for base ele, they tend to be boarderline useless at times. Let's give Tempest some love and become a true Auramancer.

@fuzzyp.6295 said:Some nice ideas. I really think arena net needs to look into giving Tempest more fluidity with Auras and some suggestions here seem fairly good. I think naturally nick put it right, tempest can be a great healing role if it didnt need all 5 trait lines to do so..

ty!In my opinion tempest needs a spammable aura, either frost or fire aura since having the other 2 auras available on short cooldowns would be op as f***

fire aura can be applied by rotation already with fire line, reducing its cooldown on a weapon skill would result in a spammable aura there. and since they added Soothering Auras to fire line tempest this could finally give it the needed fluidity and support potential it truly needs. although to be able to spec fire we need to reduce supporttempest dependecy on earth line..

@NaturallyNick.4058 said:...The main thing holding it back is how it needs 5 trait lines to do the job. Water for heals and boon share, Fire/Air for Fury, Earth for Protection, Arcane for the speed rez, and of course Tempest for access to enough auras to make it worthwhile. If they fix even 2 of these problems so the traits have some synergy (Add Fury to the Earth tree, Protection to the Tempest tree, speed rez to Water in T2 of traits) we'll see a huge uptick in the number of viable tempest healers.

Rending Earth: Blast finishers now grant furyHealing Waves: Cast Geyser when reviving. Gain frost aura. Geyser and Water Trident now heal downed alliesInvigorating Torrents: Add 4 seconds of Protection to the Skill

Doing all 3 would give Tempests some actual some build variety, but just 2 is all it would take to make Tempest slightly viable.

As an aside:

Rock Solid: Double the length of time stability lasts OR have it give 2 stacks. Make it apply based on auras.

This last one is more of a PvP focused change, but would make support tempest a little more competitive.

my opinions on your suggestions there:

I wouldnt put fury in earth traitline tbh. earth is defensive only. and on top if we add protection to Invigorating Torrents tempest wouldnt habe to spec earth at all anymore..But I agree that there should be way more stability on earth line!

the idea of putting geyser into waterline is good though I didnt even think of that! it actually should have been there from the beginning since geyser is a water skill and water is the main support line on core ele..

Archived