Escape Artist Veil Synergy

Therys.4368

Shatter mesmer revival?Don't know if this is a bug, but I hope its a feature because otherwise this trait and skill are near poop tier as far as I can tell. Am I the last person to know about this? I can't find any info anywhere on whether this is desired behavior:

Be ChronoEquip Torch, Illusions -> Escape Artist trait, Skill -> VeilSkill rotation ->Create 2 clones, Cast The Prestige for Trait to create the third. Attack and discard stealth to be Revealed.Cast Continuum Split, Cast Veil. Walk back and forth across Veil while Revealed to create 3 clones. Trait continues to trigger even if Revealed prevents Stealth application. Shatter.Walk back and forth for 3 more. Shatter again.Continuum Split resets you. Cast Veil again. Fire 2 or 3 more 3xclone shatters. Faster clone generation possible with Chrono -> Illusionary Reversion and a Scepter main hand

Domination 3-2-2 for more damageInspiration 1-2-3 for AoE/Self heal/Survival. The traits don't give what I would call significant heal but I'm not geared for it so I can't judge.

Helpful Chrono traits: 2-2-2

Countered by:If you are Crippled, Chilled, Immobilized, Pushed Knocked back during the attempt or forced to move by an AoE its likely wasted or reduced, leaving you with a 72s cooldown.It works best at close range because clones do need time to run to their target to pop, and Veil doesn't last forever. Also means if a target just runs away, stealths itself or is extremely mobile and jumps around all over the place (like Kourna meta Warden Amala) your Veil will run out before the Shatter is used as your clones run around chasing forever, For those reasons, I don't expect this to make waves in PvP or WvW but I don't play those so what do I know (tl;dr Anet pls don't nerf :cry: )

Kinda wish I had some mesmer friends to also cast Veil and...do silly things.

I'd not say its a trash tier... In addition "you can make new clone" is the on of the most narrow-minded statements ever. Mesmers can never have enough illusions.Didn't knew about the revealed part still proccing the trait - gonna play arround with it later.+1 for using different mechanics and trying out. I'd be really cool if veil could get some love.In generall MI and Veil are insanely interesting skills.I really wanna use MI for example , but as Mirage, Jaunt is just too nice.

@tinyreborn.1938 said:Escape artist is trash tier trait. When you shatter you can make new clones ...and what OP about it? Sounds very dumb (that 'synergy') if you ask me

Escape artist creates a clone when you stealth. Not when you shatter. That is Illusionary Reversion - a chrono trait.

@Therys.4368I like the way you think outside the box. I personally just fell in love with escape artist a few days ago playing base mesmer with PU.I don't really like about your playstyle that you aren't really flexible and your combo has an insanely long cooldown.A thing you should consider: Dueling deals more damage than Domination. (Fury Uptime + Superiority Complex)Another thing: Your combo would be much faster this way: Scepter Block -> Prestige -> Mind Wrack -> Decoy ->

• Either: Mind Wrack
  • Or: Swap -> Mirror Blade -> Mind Wrack

At the moment my burst combo is just: Prestige -> Mantra of Pain -> Confusing Images + 2x Power Spike -> Decoy -> Mind WrackBecause of PU most players mess up their dodge timing as I can burst after 4.5 not 3 seconds thanks to PU.

@Me Games Ma.8426 said:

@tinyreborn.1938 said:Escape artist is trash tier trait. When you shatter you can make new clones ...and what OP about it? Sounds very dumb (that 'synergy') if you ask me

Escape artist creates a clone when you stealth. Not when you shatter. That is Illusionary Reversion - a chrono trait.And I meant that he CAN create MORE clones that wont be shattered ,basically ,refreshing clone limit to 0 despite of icon telling you have active clones(if clonesdidnt explode yet)... People crying a lot about mesmer/chrono spawning too much crp and create too much visual clutter ,otherwise I cant understand why he is concerned about it

Archived