Unroot Flurry or riot

Lonecap.4105

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

@nativity.3057 said:You can stow weapon on Sword F1 (confuses me because I can't stow GS5 but can stow this channeled skill).So you can F1, stow, then use sword 3.

Yeah, I will stow after Flurry on the very situational times I attempt use it for the immob in WvW.

It's great for dueling I think. Granted you can find a duel and not get run over by 5+ gankers. But Immobilize is low key OP against classes that aren't Warriors.

EDIT: And Weavers since they can evade while immobilized, but they're rare roaming breed.

Flurry doesn't even deserve to be the burst skill. There are so many interesting Sword Skills in GW1 and flurry is just so boring.

Disarm (https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Disarm) would help with the fencing/controlling side of swordsmanship (is an interrupt with the Power Block type of effect that disables skills for extra time).The alternative controlling attack could be Quivering Blade (https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Quivering_Blade), which is an interrupt that triggers on movement. Flurry is similar in that it wants to stop you from moving, so this could be a fun option.

For another classic, an attack buff version of the GW1 Hundred Blades could be good, where it gives all attacks bonus cleave hits for a short time. In GW2 it would probably be a single hit that gives you the buff for a short time based on adrenaline spent and immobolizes, the extra hits would cause damage and bleeding. It could even work when you swap weapons, letting you use GS2 for a ton of swings and bleeding while buffed.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:Balance team, the time is overdue for you to remove the self-root on Flurry. It is currently unusable. When I go mainhand sword in WvW I pretty much concede that I don't have an F1. Thank you.

If you run sword in wvw probably you run defenseless roaming warrior?

I am running gs + sword/shield with strength discipline spellbreaker using megabane trait, bull's charge signet of stamina and shake it off.

If you use this build, F1 sword burst is the fastest way to proc megabane trait even cancelling the skill almost immediately the megabane gets applied.

It should be never used for it's full duration or you will end up dead.

Apart from this it's a pretty bad skill, the root is awful and the damage is meh, so definetely could see a rework.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:Balance team, the time is overdue for you to remove the self-root on Flurry. It is currently unusable. When I go mainhand sword in WvW I pretty much concede that I don't have an F1. Thank you.

I am running gs + sword/shield with strength discipline spellbreaker using megabane trait, bull's charge signet of stamina and shake it off.

If you use this build, F1 sword burst is the fastest way to proc megabane trait even cancelling the skill almost immediately the megabane gets applied.

Apart from this it's a pretty bad skill, the root is awful and the damage is meh, so definetely could see a rework.

"It should be never used for it's full duration or you will end up dead."

That's exactly the issue with it.

@"TheBravery.9615" said:Final thrust is more worthy of being a burst skill than flurry.

The problem with this is that almost all of warriors other weapon bursts are already "big massive power damage finisher". I like the flavor of a lot of small hits that have bleeding tied to them.

Unroot it and give it a better power coefficient and see how it for from there.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

@"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:Balance team, the time is overdue for you to remove the self-root on Flurry. It is currently unusable. When I go mainhand sword in WvW I pretty much concede that I don't have an F1. Thank you.

"It should be never used for it's full duration or you will end up dead."

That's exactly the issue with it.

That's true but the OP said how he forgot to have an F1 on sword set, but I use it a lot to proc megabane.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:Balance team, the time is overdue for you to remove the self-root on Flurry. It is currently unusable. When I go mainhand sword in WvW I pretty much concede that I don't have an F1. Thank you.

Ah no, if you're curious, I run an off-meta build zerg build, I use Sword/Axe and GS. I use Revenge Counter trait too. There are situational times when I will try to use Flurry for the immob and of course when I do I always Stow immediately after.

Archived