The state of PVP

Silence.3702

Modes - We are desperetely lacking modes,rewards, features and more attractions for PVPAnet should know that competitively is what makes games popular and famous , PVE will only get you so far.Example for modes: 2V2, 1V1 , Gear based SPVP , betting system, battle royal . Start convering pve into PVP just like you convert pvp into pve !

Classes:Mirage - Nerf it, its self explanatoryDeadeye - Rework is needed, its the most one sided non intereactve class, its basically a x minutes marhathon of A player using stealth and shooting someone trying to chase him.its not fun,its annoying and it leaves 0 place for skillSpellbreaker - Its on the other end of being not balanced, but still in the grey area, a bit too strong but still it all comes to skill, Berserk maybe should get a hitHolosmith - Balanced(Yes,holo is balanced)Reaper - BalancedRanger - BalancedGuardian - BalancedRev- Below balanced
Ele - Below balanced

System-No solo Q should ever have anything to do with party Q ,thats revoking any form of skill based elo, the whole point of any Solo league is that it's SOLO its been proven repeatedly that the only way to climb up in a solo q of 5v5 is by having 53~ winrate percent(which is considred high) , adding 2 players to a solo q renders it into a clown fiesta game, and convets it into a somewhat carry - sellout - random games where you are stuck at 1500 elo because your team is just that inconsistent while having players at plat league because their guild boost them

How can such fun PVP and combat system be so unbalanced and neglected

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the game is dead honestly. anet should have made better choices for pvp back when they cared at all. if they made something like 2v2 instead of stronghold they would be more successful.

they fucked up, realized they got 0 return on investment in pvp and decided to never do anything except balance patches ever again. Same with wvw. they add 1 more map that adds another dimension to the game ( vertical ) but players didn't like it so anet will never ever take chances in wve again.

alliances are so far off that it's essentially useless. no old players will return just because of alliances. it's just the same old wvw but with slightly different teams woooo amazing.

@Alatar.7364 said:Rev below balanced?M'ok...

You know I did some ranked matches last night where I got matched against a scourge. I never once was in a fight against this person in the entire match. Just rotated around his ridiculous AOE spam that covers entire points. At the end of each match all he did was gripe about mirage. Even though I never once went up against him.

I swear man people will do anything to see this spec nerfed. Which I feel the only thing that needs changed on mirage, is make the dodge unusable while stunned. Everything else is fine. It doesn't even have the best condition application in the game atm.

@jportell.2197 said:

You know I did some ranked matches last night where I got matched against a scourge. I never once was in a fight against this person in the entire match. Just rotated around his ridiculous AOE spam that covers entire points. At the end of each match all he did was gripe about mirage. Even though I never once went up against him.

I swear man people will do anything to see this spec nerfed. Which I feel the only thing that needs changed on mirage, is make the dodge unusable while stunned. Everything else is fine. It doesn't even have the best condition application in the game atm.

As a power shiro rev (did i just assume your build?, sue me!) , I don't think you're meant to have it easy vs condi spec, at least not something like a scourge, most melee has issues with it. Can you imagine how crazy strong power shiro rev will be if they had some more Condi cleanse? Not much would stop it.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

As a power shiro rev (did i just assume your build?, sue me!) , I don't think you're meant to have it easy vs condi spec, at least not something like a scourge, most melee has issues with it. Can you imagine how crazy strong power shiro rev will be if they had some more Condi cleanse? Not much would stop it.

I was actually the mirage. But the point is people in PvP esp in this community will call for things to be gutted even if they don't understand the class.

I think that for most of the players the game is just too fast so especially classes that can dish out crazy bursts are prone to getting yelled at that they need to be nerfedit does not help you much if you understand a class but cant react to it as it is all over in milliseconds and staying out of reach as much as possible is not possible against most burst classes either so yeah no idea how to fix thismaybe anet can send us drugs to improve our reaction time as they are apprently unwilling to go away from the fps styleback to a slower paced more tactical use of skills style

@jportell.2197 said:

It needs a nerf though. Everyone keep griping th mantra until it is in everyone's head.Be loud enough until Mirage is earthbound

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

It needs a nerf though. Everyone keep griping th mantra until it is in everyone's head.Be loud enough until Mirage is earthbound

To me its just dodging while stunned / casting / rezzing...Other issue I have is PC related, a good mes spamming visual clutter usually leaves only name plates visible and I have to rely on what AoE is ticking for less than the others

@sephiroth.4217 said:

To me its just dodging while stunned / casting / rezzing...Other issue I have is PC related, a good mes spamming visual clutter usually leaves only name plates visible and I have to rely on what AoE is ticking for less than the others

Dodging while stunned needs to go. However casting, stomping, ressing during the mirage cloak is what the class is designed around. If you get rid of all of that may as well scrap the spec as a whole.

@jportell.2197 said:

Dodging while stunned needs to go. However casting, stomping, ressing during the mirage cloak is what the class is designed around. If you get rid of all of that may as well scrap the spec as a whole.

I personally think it should be a cosmetic

@jportell.2197 said:

More than reasonable request, of course since this is GW2, Next Patch:Elusive Mind exhaustion increased to 25 secs.Infinite Horrizon no longer affects illusions, it just does nothing at all.Dune cloak, well you'll be hard pressed to make it work worse than it already does.Oh yea and Mirage Mirrors are now the only source of Mirage Cloak.

RIP!

@Arlette.9684 said:

More than reasonable request, of course since this is GW2, Next Patch:Elusive Mind exhaustion increased to 25 secs.Infinite Horrizon no longer affects illusions, it just does nothing at all.Dune cloak, well you'll be hard pressed to make it work worse than it already does.Oh yea and Mirage Mirrors are now the only source of Mirage Cloak.

RIP!

Dune cloak actually works rather well.

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

RIP!

I don't like this trait. I feel like it's very lackluster esp compared to infinite horizon

RIP!

I don't like this trait. I feel like it's very lackluster esp compared to infinite horizon

If either of you think this trait is anything but completely useless you should probably never comment on balance changes. They don't even use this in PvE where you can control where mirrors are and where 20% duration would be always on let alone PvP/WvW where you'd have no control and situational use at best.

@jportell.2197 said:

I also cant think of any spec that works outside the parameters of every other spec while also being the only spec to recieve 2 upgrades with the latest expansion being mirage cloak and ambush skills..

Its just my opinion though on why I think it should have not gone past cosmetic changes, EM wouldnt have to be touched if this was the case, just my opinion though.

Archived