Friend's Account Upgrade Didn't Work?

I purchased both the HoT and PoF expansions for my friend, gifting her the serial codes for them. She redeemed them and it says they're active on the Arenanet site, but when she logs in it still says her account is a free-to-play and that none of the new content is unlocked. When she clicks on the 'upgrade' selection, it also says that newly unlocked accounts require validation and that the feature will be unlocked in four days -- but she says that has been there since she began playing. Does she just need to wait a few days for the content to unlock or is this something she should submit a ticket for?

@Healix.5819 said:If the game was already open when the account was upgraded, they need to restart it for the upgrade to complete. Other than that, confirm they upgraded the proper account; a common mistake is registering a new one instead.

She has restarted, yet the content hasn't unlocked yet. I'll have to ask her if she applied it to the correct account, but other than that I'm fairly sure she did everything necessary for the upgrade to be applicable.

EDIT: You're correct! She accidentally applied it to a throw-away account she made before her current one that had ended up being EU instead of NA. I'll have her submit a ticket, hopefully it is reversible. Thank you for bringing that up, I would've totally forgotten about it otherwise.

Archived