Huge perf loss after PC upgrade

Hello boys,

I'm running into a weird situation here.I used to play GW2 on my old i7-Gen4 + 970M with specific settings that were allowing me to play at solid 80-120 FPS (in instances such as sPvP maps and raids). I'm not talking about open map here, since we all know how the game engine is unbelievably slow.

So my new laptop is a i7-Gen8 + 1060 (6Gb version), so CPU is a huge upgrade (6 cores now).

All games and benchmarks I've tested show a solid +60% perf at least, when compared side by side.But for some reasons, using same settings and same instances, I'm running with 30 to 40 FPS instead of the previous 100 FPS (average) I used to have.I've been looking into NVidia parameters for GW2, but nothing. I've followed the Reddit thread about optimizing performances (thread backed up with GW2 dev advices).

So I wanted to know if any of you are running into similar issue. Maybe something to do with the recently released (and controversial) Nvidia driver update (416.34) ?

And please don't give me the usual "engine is bad". There must be a real reason for this experienced issue, in similar environnements.

Thanks for the help <3

@"Runakh.5643" said:Hello boys,

I'm running into a weird situation here.I used to play GW2 on my old i7-Gen4 + 970M with specific settings that were allowing me to play at solid 80-120 FPS (in instances such as sPvP maps and raids). I'm not talking about open map here, since we all know how the game engine is unbelievably slow.

So my new laptop is a i7-Gen8 + 1060 (6Gb version), so CPU is a huge upgrade (6 cores now).

All games and benchmarks I've tested show a solid +60% perf at least, when compared side by side.But for some reasons, using same settings and same instances, I'm running with 30 to 40 FPS instead of the previous 100 FPS (average) I used to have.I've been looking into NVidia parameters for GW2, but nothing. I've followed the Reddit thread about optimizing performances (thread backed up with GW2 dev advices).

So I wanted to know if any of you are running into similar issue. Maybe something to do with the recently released (and controversial) Nvidia driver update (416.34) ?

And please don't give me the usual "engine is bad". There must be a real reason for this experienced issue, in similar environnements.

Thanks for the help <3

Gw 2 runs on a single core on cpu so the speed of cores individually is what affects performance

Archived