Tiny places, Big AoEs.

Khalisto.5780

It seems to be the formula for boss fights in LS. It's kinda cool the first time, but kinda annoying after you play it 3 times. Caudecus, the big golem in the charr village and then commander Lonai. I think it's time to bring something new, something you can actually do by use your dodges and heals to max efficiency without dying like 10 times. Something that if you misplay you get killed, but not to easy to face tank and get it done.

I hope you're ready for all of the GITGUD posts soon to show here.

I agree with you in principle; these story fights should not be at the scale that they are. There are those who have advocated this position and many other who decry it and want these instances to be harder.

Just can't please everyone.

@kharmin.7683 said:I hope you're ready for all of the GITGUD posts soon to show here.

I agree with you in principle; these story fights should not be at the scale that they are. There are those who have advocated this position and many other who decry it and want these instances to be harder.

The fight against Mordremoth is mechanically perfect, if you don't mess up you don't die and still fairly hard to do so.

Oh lol, I bet the pros will show up.

I could tweak my build for this solo instances, but I just run one with high mobility and dps, to hit things in open world

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:I hope you're ready for all of the GITGUD posts soon to show here.

I could tweak my build for this solo instances, but I just run one with high mobility and dps, to hit things in open world

I guess you had me up until this...

The game should change to accommodate you because you don't want to tweak a build?

Now, changing the bosses for variety is a great idea. But because you can't be bothered?

@"Khalisto.5780" said:It seems to be the formula for boss fights in LS. It's kinda cool the first time, but kinda annoying after you play it 3 times. Caudecus, the big golem in the charr village and then commander Lonai. I think it's time to bring something new, something you can actually do by use your dodges and heals to max efficiency without dying like 10 times. Something that if you misplay you get killed, but not to easy to face tank and get it done.

I (an often proponent of an increase in challenge in the solo story) was actually feeling a bit the same about the constant "positioning struggle" to create some kind of tension in the instances. Not that I felt they were overly difficult, but instead a real "here we go again" feeling that I felt LS 4.2 was really bad for.I do however, feel that they absolutely nailed the Joko encounter in LS4.4 to step away from this and offer much more compelling mechanics to the fight. It's my favorite in a while just because it is not just a bunch of AoEs to dodge, block, evade, soak up.

Now if we could just ask them to step away from Special Action Key mechanics a little, I would be really happy....those are overused as well.

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:Meh their alternative would just be carpet bombing with multiple AoEs.

This

The final fight against the mursaat is another example of what they can do, it could be harder, but it still better than stick to the walls to avoid tons of AoE.

AoE spam of any size is all equally bad.

Would you rather get hit by a rock or a hammer? I would prefer not to be attacked ...

Archived