Top Necros mains are the best kiters in PvP across all classes

EremiteAngel.9765

I realized after watching pro players who don't main necro, but played necro on stream that they don't interact with their surroundings as well as a necro main when it comes to kiting.Most other classes have many in-built defensive mechanisms that are not overly reliant on using their surroundings and positioning to kite. If things go wrong, they got a ton of evades or mobility or invis to disengage and get out.A necro however, is heavily reliant on maximizing their surroundings and positioning to survive. I feel that when it comes to kiting, positioning, no player that main other classes will be as good as a necro main.

Especially good reapers abuse a lot line of sight to win clutch fights.But I hate their skills who just ignore walls and obstacle and still hit you and you can't use line of sight properly against them.I know would be a great nerf of the profession if they fix it, but about environment all professions should play the say way.

It's player specific, not profession specific. See WoodenPotatoes' new PvP marker pack video, for example. He pointed out so many skyhammer jumping, kiting, and LoS spots that I had no idea about, and I'm pretty sure he's not a necro main. (He was using a mesmer in the video, but I've seen him play on ele and ranger too)

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Silence.3702 said:SB and Fresh ele say hi

SB is hardly a high skill kiting class. Just spam leap skills while facing away from the guy you are kiting. Such clutch, much wow.

Same could be said for necro and flesh wurm, spectral walk, portal and reaper shroud 2...

Yeah, you need to take 2 or 3 utilities while sb has GS#5, GS#3(that deals unfair amount of damage while they are evading), then sword 2. They have access to stunbreak+superspeed, another dash with evade and stun(bulls charge) and some of the CDs are lower

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:I realized after watching pro players who don't main necro, but played necro on stream that they don't interact with their surroundings as well as a necro main when it comes to kiting.Most other classes have many in-built defensive mechanisms that are not overly reliant on using their surroundings and positioning to kite. If things go wrong, they got a ton of evades or mobility or invis to disengage and get out.A necro however, is heavily reliant on maximizing their surroundings and positioning to survive. I feel that when it comes to kiting, positioning, no player that main other classes will be as good as a necro main.

this seems like a really weird attempt to make necro's seem good at kiting in some way.

Other prof mains can use their class the exact same way AND have built-in skills to kite on top of that. Ive seen plenty of mesmers, holosmiths (especially), and rangers use terrain just as well.

Necromancers have some of the worst access to actual kiting skills while also having some of the worst gap closers. Unlike leaps, pulls require you to land the hit. This is why necros at a certain point in their rotation are just sitting ducks.

I've been playing this game for... too long. The necromancer is the worst designed class in this game, hands down. Playing any other class is like going from a beat up bicycle to driving a Corvette. Other classes have a VASTLY superior set of tools to access.

Necros have AOE.

That's literally the mindset of anet when they designed necromancers lol. "they gotta have aoe...." So they threw as much aoe on them as they can and boom, thats it. Thats the design. Just all aoe nonsense that in the end is just too hard for them to balance anyway.

People play it for the aesthetic or when they're bored of playing their main.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:its cuz necro relies on chill and cripple. teleports ruined the game.

give me a stun breaker that removes 3 conditions and i'll stop bringing shadow step

edit: to clarify i mean damaging conditions, I know about
wise butts

you mean nerf shadow step to make other options more attractive ;-)

i think it goes for all classes, not just necros. but seems that necros are focused most of the time, they're forced to learn how to kite to make the most of what they have while being chased down/focused. a dead necro to a team is a huge blow to team fight dps.and as you say main, i think anyone mains a class will be excellent at kiting on that class, if they know how to play the game mode and make good use of environmental items. otherwise, it'll take others sometime to get used to it and know where are good spots for such class.

Archived