Does this game not have a support team?

Does a support team even exist for this game? I submitted a ticket for over a day now and still have not gotten a reply from support. I used to play wow and I would get replies within atleast 24hrs, even xfinity has better response than what I'm currently experiencing so I'm curious if they even have a support team.

@Yosho.1634 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:The CS Team allows 72 hours for response (other than the near-immediate automated email) for ticket submissions. During high volume periods, it may be longer.

You can read more about the CS Team in the Account and Technical Support sub-forum Stickies.

Good luck.

Thank you for the info

The maximum length ive gone without a response was a grand total of 21 days, so if they are busy it could be a bit.

Rest assured that they do have a phenomenal Support team. As long as you politely and clearly explain your problem and timely reply to their responses, they will work with you until the issue is resolved (or it's deemed impossible or inappropriate to fix, but they will tell you so and why). I've only needed their help a handful of times over the years but have found each and every time to be stellar.

I took it for granted until I had a game-killing issue in ESO and discovered that over there Nonsupport is a better term >< Please bask in the greatness of ANet's Support :)

Eh it exists but can be swingy.

A friend and I had an achievement in PoT bug out (as a rabbit, kill a certain enemy).

Took ages of real time. A real slog. Then we couldn't click on the thing we needed to complete the area.

Sent a report, screenshots etc. A long while later they replied, 'We couldn't replicate this bug therefore cannot help you'.

A quick google shows that we were not the only folks with such a bug.

So yeah, they exist, they're pretty good with account stuff but bugs and the like? A bit rubbish.

@Donari.5237 said:Rest assured that they do have a phenomenal Support team. As long as you politely and clearly explain your problem and timely reply to their responses, they will work with you until the issue is resolved (or it's deemed impossible or inappropriate to fix, but they will tell you so and why). I've only needed their help a handful of times over the years but have found each and every time to be stellar.

I took it for granted until I had a game-killing issue in ESO and discovered that over there Nonsupport is a better term >< Please bask in the greatness of ANet's Support :)

Gimme a break, in 2 years have contacted support several times.. NEVER ever got any reply .. like OP says in WoW it's a whole different ball game (have not played in 6 yrs) my account got hacked once, and within 2 days I got everything back and the person that hacked it was perma banned... Anet is not even in the same league as Blizzard.

@Smeerlap.2698 said:

@Donari.5237 said:Rest assured that they do have a phenomenal Support team. As long as you politely and clearly explain your problem and timely reply to their responses, they will work with you until the issue is resolved (or it's deemed impossible or inappropriate to fix, but they will tell you so and why). I've only needed their help a handful of times over the years but have found each and every time to be stellar.

Gimme a break, in 2 years have contacted support several times.. NEVER ever got any reply .. like OP says in WoW it's a whole different ball game (have not played in 6 yrs) my account got hacked once, and within 2 days I got everything back and the person that hacked it was perma banned... Anet is not even in the same league as Blizzard.

By what method did you contact the CS Team?

@Smeerlap.2698 said:

If you never got any reply at all from multiple tickets, then it seems likely that you either submitted an in-game bug report instead of a support ticket OR had an issue with receiving emails from support (e.g. you put your contact email in wrong on the support ticket or the ticket responses were sent to your spam filter).

@Smeerlap.2698 said:

and you pay for that with your subscription. If I had to pay for something and support was not top, I would be extremely... dissatisfied.

But gw2 is pretty much f2p. So of course it is a different league.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

and you pay for that with your subscription. If I had to pay for something and support was not top, I would be extremely... dissatisfied.

No, I actually put around E50 in this game every month buying store items (sometimes more), and know for a fact I've put more money in this game then 4 years of WoW. I'm not dissatisfied, if that was the case I would have deleted and uninstalled long ago, just stating that support isn't that great.

@Smeerlap.2698 said:

No, I actually put around E50 in this game every month buying store items (sometimes more), and know for a fact I've put more money in this game then 4 years of WoW. I'm not dissatisfied, if that was the case I would have deleted and uninstalled long ago, just stating that support isn't that great.

I've contacted the support team more than a dozen times (probably a lot more) over the six years I've had the game and I've NEVER not gotten a reply. I've never even had to wait more than a week to have a situation resolved. They did have a backlog recently but times have moved to more normal for most things.

You not getting a reply multiple times, just a guess here, is an issue on your end. Too many people get replies for this to be anything other than an outlier.

@Vayne.8563 said:

I've contacted the support team more than a dozen times (probably a lot more) over the six years I've had the game and I've NEVER not gotten a reply. I've never even had to wait more than a week to have a situation resolved. They did have a backlog recently but times have moved to more normal for most things.

You not getting a reply multiple times, just a guess here, is an issue on your end. Too many people get replies for this to be anything other than an outlier.

Sigh, good for you, but I didn't end of story.

@Smeerlap.2698 said:

Something must be wrong on your end as Vayne said.

@Smeerlap.2698 said:

As I said, if people hadn't gotten any response at all we'd have heard more about it. It's not the end of story if you're not getting responses because of something you've done or the mail carrier you've used, or some other thing that's prevented you from getting a response. That's on you. Blaming Anet support if it's not actually their issue is just misleading. If it was something that happened often we'd have heard about it. And we've heard of long delays, but hardly ever seen anyone post no response at all.

I think that the longest that I waited was 24 days, few months ago, but it was not long after that huge ban-hammer, so I'm sure they had a lot of tickets. And they replied kindly, so I forgave them :DI wouldn't scream with just 1 day, OP. They give the priority to players with important issues first (login with the account, payment etc.) and they usually reply after reading the issue (rather than sending automatic copy-paste that have nothing to do with your problem, as I experienced with other publishers).Yes, Blizzard might be better. But they are a much bigger company, they have more employees (4700 vs 400) and as VAH1976 said, you pay the subscription.

EDIT: speaking about getting a response... in that case, I also didn't receive the automatic reply (the ticket was sent from the website). Then I attached a screenshot, but still nothing. After 10 days I asked to know if they received at least the ticket, just to be sure, but still no reply. After other 10 days they replied. So even if you don't receive the automatic reply, it doesn't necessarily mean that they didn't see the ticket. It's still there in queue. They are just busy. But you can update it from time to time, to refresh it, as @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said.

the support is sometimes a week later. but for me i better wait a week and it get solved. then instant answer and nothing. the support here is good. :)

ever used ubisoft support? it’s the worse support i ever had. more then 3 months before i got the car i achieved.

@"Yosho.1634" said:Does a support team even exist for this game? I submitted a ticket for over a day now and still have not gotten a reply from support. I used to play wow and I would get replies within atleast 24hrs, even xfinity has better response than what I'm currently experiencing so I'm curious if they even have a support team.

This support Team wont do anything for you. Customer service is below average in gw2. This is truely a shame.I wrote a ticket because they gave me the gems i bought 3 days (!!) after i purchased those. During this time a special sale that i wanted to buy ran off. So i asked forA) offering me this special sale even longerB) giving me the difference that i lose by manually buying those items in the cash shop.

Garbage support. This is how you instantly scare away "new" customers again. (I bougth the game 3 years ago but never really played) I wont spend money on this game anymore i guess. They should tell in advance that gem delivery takes 3 fucking days!! Or just be more costumer friendly when it comes to those kind of special offers.

@MozezCore.3274 said:

@"Yosho.1634" said:Does a support team even exist for this game? I submitted a ticket for over a day now and still have not gotten a reply from support. I used to play wow and I would get replies within atleast 24hrs, even xfinity has better response than what I'm currently experiencing so I'm curious if they even have a support team.

This support Team wont do anything for you. Customer service is below average in gw2. This is truely a shame.I wrote a ticket because they gave me the gems i bought 3 days (!!) after i purchased those. During this time a special sale that i wanted to buy ran off. So i asked forA) offering me this special sale even longerB) giving me the difference that i lose by manually buying those items in the cash shop.

Garbage support. This is how you instantly scare away "new" customers again. (I bougth the game 3 years ago but never really played) I wont spend money on this game anymore i guess. They should tell in advance that gem delivery takes 3 kitten days!! Or just be more costumer friendly when it comes to those kind of special offers.

And were those Gems part of an Ultimate Edition purchase? If so, it clearly states that it takes 72 hours for those Gems to arrive.

Edit: typo

Archived