New player: Mesmer or Warrior

Hi guys,

So, I was a Final Fantasy XIV hardcore raider and got interested on Guild Wars 2 and bought both expansions since I heard that's a really well made game. I've read some stuff for raids and classes but I'm really stuck while trying to decide between Mesmer and Warrior.

I chose these classes because of the support aspect of each of them, I'm leveling both of them and I'm loving it, this game have room to play with two different classes at once? If yes is it worth doing it?

Also for another modes of this game like Open World and Fractals are these classes any decent? Don't mind with class difficulty, I'm fine with that.

Go for Warrior now, it's a safe bet. Always was. Easy to master for new player. Till you get the grip on the game and mech. Then see if you want to have a mesmer(crono boon - sharing support). Warrior is also cheapto gear up unlike crono's recomended minstrel/commander, warrior just uses berserk and assassin that don't ask for freshwater perals 6gold each. You will get there, game just need a bit of your attention, that is all.Game has plenty of room to play on all classes. Even more if you stay you might make 2 of the same class, to don't bother to swich elits, gear.

To answer your questions.

• Yes, mesmer and warrior are meta and wanted everywhere in the game.
  • Mesmer/Chrono is very good at support in any group/raid/fractals content they alway recruit atleast one
  • Warrior/Bannerslave is also another kind of support although they are not as strong as Mesmer but still wanted in alot of group content.
  • Both of them are monster in open world due to insane amount of DPS and very high survival, mesmer is more complicated to stay alive but when you get used to it you will be like immortal. In other hand warrior is very straight forward with massive melee cleave damg while stand on your feet with ton of HP regeneration.
  • For starter i suggest go with war because the its really easy to get into and get used to game's mechanics but mesmer is fine with lots of challenging gameplay. Another reason why i recommend war at first is because the gear up part for support war is much more cheaper and easier than than mesmer/chrono, a decent support chrono will eat up a lot of gold and effort to gear up which is why i suggest you take time with easier one like war and slowly build up your mesmer or both of them.
  • Overall both war and mes are very viable in the entire game, play what you want or switching between them.

Have fun.

@VanWilder.6923 said:

@"phs.6089" said:unlike crono's recomended minstrel/commander, warrior just uses berserk and assassin that don't ask for freshwater perals 6gold each.

Minstrel/Commander stat is recommended for support chrono? Are you sure? Cause I checked
It said Berserker/Commander for Support Chrono.

those are classic meta, with power creep and yolomod people prefer crono to output some healing instead of that miserable 10k damage that comm/zerk can get

I blame Teapot for this :)

Although meta right now has mix zerk/cmder stat but the fact is still undeniable, commander stat and trinket no doubt are much more harder to achieve if you play support chrono while banner war just full go zerker all the way, pretty straight forward and cheaper than commander.

Archived