Dragonslayer vs Holosmith

I like both a lot, but i generally lean more towards Dragonslayer. I am wondering who to gear up in ascended gear, i want to play Dragonslayer more than i want to play Holosmith, but i have heard some people say that i will get kicked for playing Dragonslayer in high tier fractals and raids. Is this true?

@Legostyle.2718 said:I like both a lot, but i generally lean more towards Dragonslayer. I am wondering who to gear up in ascended gear, i want to play Dragonslayer more than i want to play Holosmith, but i have heard some people say that i will get kicked for playing Dragonslayer in high tier fractals and raids. Is this true?

You will not get kicked as DH in almost any fractal. If i remember correctly dh is same or maybe slightly better in fractals then power holo.

Holo shines at providing a variety of conditions to scale up a Deadeyes or Daredevils damage. Otherwise, and esp for Fractals, DH is superior in terms of burst and dps as well as group utility, while both prove 25 vuln.

If a group kicks you for playing DH well in Fractals, it's probably for the best not to play with them anyway.

@Asum.4960 said:If a group kicks you for playing DH well in Fractals, it's probably for the best not to play with them anyway.Pugs told me that Ele is not good in fractals and shouldn't be played.Pug's wisdom is infinite.

Holosmith has a lot of problems at burst heavy fights like siax. You dont lose heat fast enough to proper dps during breakbars. DH burst is on a shorter cd for good burst phases.DH is better in optimal play but if you are playing with a healer just stick to the gameplay you prefer. The difference is so small in non optimized runs that it doesn't really matter.Personally prefer Holo because of the higher melee range and better cleave but DH offers more utility.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@Asum.4960 said:If a group kicks you for playing DH well in Fractals, it's probably for the best not to play with them anyway.Pugs told me that Ele is not good in fractals and shouldn't be played.Pug's wisdom is infinite.

Holosmith has a lot of problems at burst heavy fights like siax. You dont lose heat fast enough to proper dps during breakbars. DH burst is on a shorter cd for good burst phases.DH is better in optimal play but if you are playing with a healer just stick to the gameplay you prefer. The difference is so small in non optimized runs that it doesn't really matter.Personally prefer Holo because of the higher melee range and better cleave but DH offers more utility.

DPS balance is in a pretty good spot right now, and both of them, as well as many others, are perfectly fine to play, even if you try to be efficient.Really no point to be kicking people in the search for something that's optimal on paper atm, when DH, Holo, Weaver, Slb, DE/DD, pChrono and so one are all in a spot to clear CM's etc perfectly fine and fast.

Even with supports FB etc can compete with Druid at this point, and there is a lot more group variety as of late, which is nice to see.

DH has similar burst but way better utility.

AOE pull, aoe aegis (pretty big for Arkk where pugs don't do the balls properly), aoe blind with GS3, aoe CC with trap elite. Better burst healing to get yourself into scholar rune bonus.

In fractals like harpy or any fractal where stability/reflects are king, Guardian reigns supreme as the best source of both reflection and stability (obviously most people now rely on the support chrono to carry them with ports, but that implies every group has an experienced and competent chrono for skips).

And in the case you need a ranged weapon to do some distant add like spawning anomalies/etc, DH scepter is pretty much next to ele staff the strongest ranged weapon in the game and is part of the class's core weapon kit.

What holo has over DH is better sustained DPS, but that hardly matters in fractals where bosses die in less than two minutes.

If people are kicking you over what class you play in either raids or fractals, they're idiots. Matthias was getting cleared when benchmarks were capping at 30k DPS or less in HoT, and he's considered one of the harder bosses. Now all classes can do above that, and you don't even need 3/4 of that DPS to clear raids cleanly.

This game just has a garbage community where in absence of actual progression and long term clear content like WoW/FFXIV mythics, people obsess over min max clears since the content is much easier baseline. Most raids were cleared the week they came out and months don't pass until the next player percentile can clear them.

Archived