PGW50 Code not working for Standard Path of Fire Expansion

I'm having the same issue. Waiting 24 hours seemed to fix it, and then it broke again. The first time it worked and it took me to paypal where I had an error, and when I started over again, it told me it was invalid. Tried multiple more times, all invalid. Waited 24 hours, tried again, it worked, but I had to get up for a few minutes and when I sat back down, I guess it timed out or something because going into checkout brought the price back up.

So I guess I have to wait another 24h for another attempt. It's like ANET doesn't even want my money or something. Between having to PAY for FREE content (living story) and not letting me buy the expansions, it really, really seems like ANET is 100% against allowing old players to return to the game.

You're supposed to create incentive to come back to the game, not penalize it.

I was able to use the code correctly but when I went to finalize the purchase, some error happened with my Paypal account and had to try and purchase the upgrade again. When I went to purchase the upgrade, it said "Invalid Promo Code". I think, for my case at least, that it thinks I already used the code (which technically I did) so I'm unable to apply it to my account, even though I have not purchased the upgrade. Hope they can fix this before the promotion is over! I sent in a ticket about an hour ago.

@"Vorrin.6157" said:I was able to use the code correctly but when I went to finalize the purchase, some error happened with my Paypal account and had to try and purchase the upgrade again. When I went to purchase the upgrade, it said "Invalid Promo Code". I think, for my case at least, that it thinks I already used the code (which technically I did) so I'm unable to apply it to my account, even though I have not purchased the upgrade. Hope they can fix this before the promotion is over! I sent in a ticket about an hour ago.

You can create a new P4F account to get a new Promo Code and purchase. The Serial Code(s) sent to you in the email can be applied to any account (your original account).

Good luck.

Have had this 6 times. I am running out of email-aliasses I can use! Both with Paypal and my CC, once you get a "failed payment" (for some unknown reason) I can forget of giving it a second try, since the Promo code is now deemed invalid. I sent a ticket for each of those new accounts so get in line. :disappointed:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"Vorrin.6157" said:I was able to use the code correctly but when I went to finalize the purchase, some error happened with my Paypal account and had to try and purchase the upgrade again. When I went to purchase the upgrade, it said "Invalid Promo Code". I think, for my case at least, that it thinks I already used the code (which technically I did) so I'm unable to apply it to my account, even though I have not purchased the upgrade. Hope they can fix this before the promotion is over! I sent in a ticket about an hour ago.

You can create a new P4F account to get a new Promo Code and purchase. The Serial Code(s) sent to you in the email can be applied to
any
account (your original account).

Good luck.

I don't know what "P4F" is.

edit nevermind, I assume it's Play For Free.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

You can create a new P4F account to get a new Promo Code and purchase. The Serial Code(s) sent to you in the email can be applied to
any
account (your original account).

Good luck.

Awesome! Thanks, I'll try this out when I get home today.

I got it to work by making an alternate account. I will give you instructions on EXACTLY how to do it because if you stray even a little bit it will tell you the code is invalid. Follow the steps and do it in this exact order.

Make a brand new account and verify it by email as usual.Add POF to your cartAdd HOT to your cart by clicking the green strip that says (add HOT for $20 more or something) if you want HOTLogin to continue (into the fresh new account, not your real one)Continue to checkoutOnce you're on the page that has the credit card info, THAT'S when you enter your promo code. Not before.

If you enter the promo too soon, and then you login, you'll be invalidated. If you enter the promo before you hit checkout, you'll likely be invalidated. It's VERY touchy.

YMMV I guess, but this is the exact procedure I did in order to finally get through. Don't leave your PC unattended for too long, make sure your credit or paypal is already good to go. If your page times out or your payment method fails, you will be invalidated on that account.

I sincerely hope ANET pulls their heads out of their asses because this whole situation has greatly diminished my excitement to play, and I know some of you have been struggling with this for longer than I have. Promo codes have never been a good solution, but it was implemented particularly horribly here, and I guarantee it has affected their sales.

@LIURIDA.9630 said:Where is there an option to input a promo code when you submit payment information?

It's on the payment information screen. The first screen is a bunch of products they want you to add to your cart. After you log in and go to checkout or whatever it says on the button, it'll ask for your credit info. When it does that, scroll up to the top and input the code. If you do anything at all to refresh the screen, such as hitting checkout, it'll invalidate your code. So just make sure you enter the promo code on the exact same screen as the screen where you enter your credit info.

@Archlvt.2036 said:I got it to work by making an alternate account. I will give you instructions on EXACTLY how to do it because if you stray even a little bit it will tell you the code is invalid. Follow the steps and do it in this exact order.

Make a brand new account and verify it by email as usual.Add POF to your cartAdd HOT to your cart by clicking the green strip that says (add HOT for $20 more or something) if you want HOTLogin to continue (into the fresh new account, not your real one)Continue to checkoutOnce you're on the page that has the credit card info, THAT'S when you enter your promo code. Not before.

If you enter the promo too soon, and then you login, you'll be invalidated. If you enter the promo before you hit checkout, you'll likely be invalidated. It's VERY touchy.

YMMV I guess, but this is the exact procedure I did in order to finally get through. Don't leave your PC unattended for too long, make sure your credit or paypal is already good to go. If your page times out or your payment method fails, you will be invalidated on that account.

I sincerely hope ANET pulls their heads out of their kitten because this whole situation has greatly diminished my excitement to play, and I know some of you have been struggling with this for longer than I have. Promo codes have never been a good solution, but it was implemented particularly horribly here, and I guarantee it has affected their sales.

So I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly, but how exactly do I get it to work on my active account? Are these instructions only to give it to an alternate account?

@Vorrin.6157 said:

@Archlvt.2036 said:I got it to work by making an alternate account. I will give you instructions on EXACTLY how to do it because if you stray even a little bit it will tell you the code is invalid. Follow the steps and do it in this exact order.

I sincerely hope ANET pulls their heads out of their kitten because this whole situation has greatly diminished my excitement to play, and I know some of you have been struggling with this for longer than I have. Promo codes have never been a good solution, but it was implemented particularly horribly here, and I guarantee it has affected their sales.

So I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly, but how exactly do I get it to work on my active account? Are these instructions only to give it to an alternate account?

If you purchase the game on an alternative account (or any account for that matter) they don't instantly update the account you're logged in as. Rather, they send an email to you with a Product Key. That way, you can log in to your main account after, and enter the product key.

From Support - 16 hours later whichis good seeing I was expecting it to take longer.

Hello,

We apologize for the delay in our response due to the high volume of tickets we are handling.

Upon checking your account, it seems that you had a recent transaction that used the promo code, but the transaction fail to complete. Since you have already used the promotion code, we can offer to partially refund the price difference for your desired product. With this being said, we suggest that you purchase the game in full price and after that we can partially refund the 50% price difference. Please note that we can only provide the refund for Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Standard Edition, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Deluxe Edition, Guild Wars 2: Standard Collection, and Guild Wars 2: Deluxe Collection.

If you find this an acceptable solution, please reply with as much of the following information as possible so that we may begin the process of the partial refund:

Archived