[Suggestion][QoL] Add Food/utility Slots in equipment window for auto-consumption

anduriell.6280

The new feature for malnourished is good for visibility but still it doesn't solve the main issue: To have to access to the inventory every once in a while to consume the utilities.Would it be possible to add two slots in the equipment panel which can be filled with one food stacks and the other with utility.So when the effect run out from the consumables it can automatically consume another. This process could be done from the client side as only need to send to the server "i consume another item" when the time runs out.Example:https://imgur.com/a/HgSNC

Yes please, I would actually use food, most players would actually use food. I think I bought a stack of 250 of something or other, a whole year ago, in order to max out condition duration, and to this day it sits in the 230s because it's too much of a hassle to refresh it every 30 minutes.

And at the same time, they need to modify drop rates to make standard tier food more obtainable. If they add in ascended food, then sure, that can be more expensive and for more elite content, but right now a lot of regular food is ridiculously expensive. I remember looking at one food that was 6g for a half hour. No casual player is paying 12g an hour no matter what system they add in to support it. If they do what the OP suggests, they've got to reign in food costs.

No, rubbish idea - oh no my food has run out because I keep auto-consuming it when I don't need to run food etc. Also many people use different food for WvW solo-roaming, WvW zerg fights, PvE raiding and solo PvE.What would be a better idea is to have a small "toolbar" where you can customise the number of slots on the main screen to which you can link a limited number of items stored in bag slots so you can click on them without having to open your bags. People who don't want it could set it to zero, some could just link food & oil to it and hard-core WvWers could extend it to include disablers and siege blueprints etc.Someone is bound to say "but screen clutter". GW2 has the least cluttered screen of any MMO I have played. A few small icon slots is hardly going to clutter the screen - if you want to see screen clutter you should try playing a high level spell casting class in DDO.

Archived