A message to Anet | SoR is becoming the old Maguma

PrinceKhaled.5104

Dear Anet,

This is a message from a big GW2 WvW fan to the decision makers about world linking. Please bare with me with a little thick skin here.

Summarizing my point, your decision of putting SoR as a solo server with no link is probably unwise (I would like to be harsher, but keeping it humble). I understand that there will be always people complaining about the linking. My complaint coming from you completely ignoring the fact that SoR doesn't have that much coverage except around the NA prime time (a little before and little after). For some reason, I thought that you put into consideration the coverage situation of servers, that's why you started this whole linking concept. But after your decision of placing SoR as a solo server, I have no idea how you decide the links. As a WvW player, help me understand how you come up with the conclusion that SoR needed to be their own server!! Please explain it. I have a feeling that SoR will be a dead server like what happened with our old beloved skilled Maguma.Either release alliances faster than all these Halloween/upcoming winter events or please (humbly and respectfully) fix your server linking system.

Respectfully,PK

@PrinceKhaled.5104 said:Dear Anet,

This is a message from a big GW2 WvW fan to the decision makers about world linking. Please bare with me with a little thick skin here.

Summarizing my point, your decision of putting SoR as a solo server with no link is probably unwise (I would like to be harsher, but keeping it humble). I understand that there will be always people complaining about the linking. My complaint coming from you completely ignoring the fact that SoR doesn't have that much coverage except around the NA prime time (a little before and little after). For some reason, I thought that you put into consideration the coverage situation of servers, that's why you started this whole linking concept. But after your decision of placing SoR as a solo server, I have no idea how you decide the links. As a WvW player, help me understand how you come up with the conclusion that SoR needed to be their own server!! Please explain it. I have a feeling that SoR will be a dead server like what happened with our old beloved skilled Maguma.Either release alliances faster than all these Halloween/upcoming winter events or please (humbly and respectfully) fix your server linking system.

Respectfully,PK

Unfortunately it would appear you have fallen victim to the locusts... err alliance that came to SoR.

It's purely a numbers issue. Evidently the bulk of your transfers in when you were a linked server, were NA people.

Play hours, regardless of coverage are the predominant decider in whether you get a link or not.

IF you should have a link (based on play hours) THEN coverage brought in from the link matters.

Like others, your choice is to transfer or wait it out.

I agree with PK here. I think this linking system is long overdue for an explanation. I have questions. Is it by design? If so, to what end? Why isn't this planning explained? How are evaluations made? Is Anet equipped to make meaningful decisions about the links being made? I play WvW exclusively because I like that there are actual people behind the characters. This is the best cooperative gaming platform simulating real-life competitive coordination, recruiting, training and leadership on a large scale. If stacking one world and undercutting another is part of the sim, at least provide the decision-making notes behind it so it can maintain its integrity. Otherwise, it feels more like a marketing strategy to push for transfers and sell gems.

As stated by Anet, when you play is not factored into relinks. Only how much you play. SoR reached the threshold of play hours to not receive a link. This should be a shock to exactly no one since SoR has been buying and moving people to SoR in large numbers for the past few months.

Hence the need for a better system(Alliances hopefully) that actively balances population by play style, time zone and other factors. But we need more discreet blocks of population to do that balancing, hence the reason servers need to be cut apart.

Was dumb to just assume sor would automatically get a link no matter how many people bandwagoned over. I got sucked into this following my friends so I guess I'm a part of this too but it still makes me laugh to see how hard everyone fairweathered when winning wasn't easy anymore.

when you take 95% of Jade Quarry & throw it onto a server with a medium population (Sanctum of Rall) and somehow still have the mindset and expect the server not to lock itself and continuously get a link on reset?

Did you put any real thought into this before you even made this thread?

1.) Bandwagon to a server looking for "fights"2.) Rely on the server natives to PPT for you, as that is for losers anyways. Nobody cares about PPT anyways. Stack one time zone heavily so you roll everything for 3 hours/6 days a week, pat each other on the back, and call it a day3.) Artificially raise the server. beyond its means4.) Server loses, causing to drop in tiers. Suddenly PPT matters because dropping down means no one to fight, and nothing to do off raid hours.5.) Complain about no fights and ded game6.) Find somewhere else7.) Repeat ad nauseum, because doing the same thing and expecting different results is sane.

8A) Quit the gameOR8B) Trick Anet into opening BG.OR8c) Just play something else and realize anything before the restructure is a huge waste of time.

Seriously, so many years, and people haven't learned a thing..... It is unfortunate that people have to be caught in the crossfire like OP though.

Archived