$100 worth of refunds on paypal, not sure why? [Resolved]

Hello! I just checked my paypal and realized that I got a bunch of refunds from DigitalRiver for gem purchases over the last couple of weeks and I'm not sure why? Cards weren't declined and I didn't get a notice in my email about it, just a bunch of refunded purchases. Any idea why?

Thanks!

If you got the gems, and this is the first you're hearing of it it could be a scam email also. Don't follow any links and contact Anet using their website directly not using links in the email. I get a million and one refunds/issues with payments from paypal that are not legit. Its rare that they actually coincide with something i've bought though...

@Kindeller.3072 said:If you got the gems, and this is the first you're hearing of it it could be a scam email also. Don't follow any links and contact Anet using their website directly not using links in the email. I get a million and one refunds/issues with payments from paypal that are not legit. Its rare that they actually coincide with something i've bought though...

Yeah after about 4 days I finally got a response and they're looking into it. I didnt click any suspicious links (i never even got notifications of the refund, I only noticed it once I was unable to purchase more). They were purchased from in game gem store so everything is right, just weird that I got a refund and I dont want to be banned for something I didnt do, haha. Hopefully it gets sorted soon because I REALLY want my chaos gloves

• ArenaNet Staff

Thanks for this update. Can you let us know when this is fully resolved? I'd like to mark this as resolved in the title, so other players don't worry about this. Alternately, if Digital River discovers an issue, your letting us know what you learned is helpful, too. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Thanks for this update. Can you let us know when this is fully resolved? I'd like to mark this as resolved in the title, so other players don't worry about this. Alternately, if Digital River discovers an issue, your letting us know what you learned is helpful, too. Thanks.

Just wanted to make an update on this since it was requested: it took about 10 days or so for my issue to get resolved. Turns out (in my case) I had two different names on my bank & Paypal accounts (one name for Paypal business and my personal bank with my name) which is why I got locked out initially. My issue has been resolved and I’m awaiting a response to see if there is anyway to avoid this in the future since I can’t just change my business name on Paypal and/or Bank. For now though everything is sorted and I hope no one else run into the same issue!

• ArenaNet Staff

@hiimtwit.1935 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Thanks for this update. Can you let us know when this is fully resolved? I'd like to mark this as resolved in the title, so other players don't worry about this. Alternately, if Digital River discovers an issue, your letting us know what you learned is helpful, too. Thanks.

Just wanted to make an update on this since it was requested: it took about 10 days or so for my issue to get resolved. Turns out (in my case) I had two different names on my bank & Paypal accounts (one name for Paypal business and my personal bank with my name) which is why I got locked out initially. My issue has been resolved and I’m awaiting a response to see if there is anyway to avoid this in the future since I can’t just change my business name on Paypal and/or Bank. For now though everything is sorted and I hope no one else run into the same issue!

Thanks for the info you provided. It may be helpful to another player, so it's good to have it on the post. I will mark this as "resolved" but I imagine if someone has an issue, they'll find this post and look into their profile names as a possible point of concern.

Archived