Upgrade Swapping and Legendary Weapons

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey everyone,

You may have noticed a new feature came out today. You can now swap upgrades in legendary weapons for free!

If you were wondering why it wasn’t accompanied by the usual fanfare for such a highly-requested update, that’s because it slipped out early. It wasn’t intended to go out until the next release, but since it’s out there now, enjoy!

So a friend of mine and I did some testing with the few Legendary weapons we had...

• able to swap sigils on Eternity (gen 1)
  • able to swap sigils on Astralaria (gen 2)
  • NOT able to swap sigils on Bolt (gen 1) - UPDATE: this is now working for us
  • NOT able to swap sigils on Rodgort (gen 1) - UPDATE: this is now working for us

So it seems pretty inconsistent, which is probably why it wasn't meant to be released just yet. :-PUPDATE: Just tested again and now everything seems to be working correctly!

@Airdive.2613 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:How does swapping work? I don't see an option for it.

You can't "eject" them, so I assume you just put another sigil or infusion in the slot and the old one thereby automatically goes into your inventory?

At least that's how it works for armor.

For infusions as well?

P.S. Since it doesn't seem to work properly with all legendary weapons yet, I will wait for the next patch. ;)

@Kencussion.9273 said:So a friend of mine and I did some testing with the few Legendary weapons we had...

• NOT able to swap sigils on Bolt (gen 1)
  • NOT able to swap sigils on Rodgort (gen 1)

So it seems pretty inconsistent, which is probably why it wasn't meant to be released just yet. :-P

Are you sure that you are not doing it on ascended weapons with the leggy skin? Because I've just tried on mine 1st and 2nd gen and its working properly on all of them.

@Titan.8215 said:

@Kencussion.9273 said:So a friend of mine and I did some testing with the few Legendary weapons we had...

So it seems pretty inconsistent, which is probably why it wasn't meant to be released just yet. :-P

Are you sure that you are not doing it on ascended weapons with the leggy skin? Because I've just tried on mine 1st and 2nd gen and its working properly on all of them.

Yes, it's definitely the legendary with the purple border. However, i just tried again and now it's working just fine on Rodgort and Bolt... not sure what happened between then and now??? Weird.

@Khisanth.2948 said:Also need to make sure you have patched first.

yeah, we downloaded the patch first and then tested... it worked with a couple items but not all of them. when we left the game and came back in to test a second time, the game DIDNT get patched - but everything works just fine now. Besides, if we didn't patch first, NONE of them would have worked in the first test.

@Titan.8215 said:

Good to know. I'll keep using my extractor until this is properly implemented.

@Kencussion.9273 said:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:Also need to make sure you have patched first.

yeah, we downloaded the patch first and then tested... it worked with a couple items but not all of them. when we left the game and came back in to test a second time, the game DIDNT get patched - but everything works just fine now. Besides, if we didn't patch first, NONE of them would have worked in the first test.

When it starts with "a friend and I" it is pretty easy for one to have patched and the other not.

@plushiesoda.8150 said:

@Whitworth.7259 said:Much appreciated. Hope it doesn't break the economy
scoff

it Shouldn't as not everybody has a legendary

I doubt it will affect the sigil economy one bit. When Legendary armor came out, the price for runes didn't shift one iota either. What changes upgrade prices is changes in the meta (like how Runes of Strength fell out of favour), or new sinks like what happened with Sigils of Nullification.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Hey everyone,

You may have noticed a new feature came out today. You can now swap upgrades in legendary weapons for free!

If you were wondering why it wasn’t accompanied by the usual fanfare for such a highly-requested update, that’s because it slipped out early. It wasn’t intended to go out until the next release, but since it’s out there now, enjoy!

And I used an item to get my concentration sigil out of Bolt a few days ago. The timing... but at least we now have a long awaited feature early.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Hey everyone,

very cool

can we get a armory next for all those sigil and runes? I sometimes feel the space the legendary weapons and armor safes me is lost by all of those :) perhaps we can learn sigils and runes and choose them like we choose stats. That feature may help for a future build template ?

Archived