Labyrinth for wintersday

Im sure some people are screaming NOOO at the screen right now, but some or us enjoy mind numbing farming ( ToT farming anyone ) anyway just a random idea.

Would be awesome to have a labyrinth for wintersday where we have to slay an army of snowmen, reindeer, etc, that allows us to get the wintersday gifts,

We seem to get 1000's of ToTs but for wintersday it seems lacking by comparison.

@Ashantara.8731 said:Bring back Freezie and the Snowmen's cave from GW1 as a new Wintersday dungeon! <3

I have mixed feelings about that, but I think mainly because I associate the Freezie mission with trying for the mini polar bear, which I did over, and over and over and over every single Wintersday with no success. I used to get a year's supply of candy canes, but no polar bear.

But without that it could be fun to have a version of it in GW2. Especially if it was something you could do solo or in a group.

Please no. I would hate this. Not because I want to stop people who enjoy farming from having fun, but if there was a wintersday farm equivalent to lab then all the rewards for wintersday would have to have their prices jacked up x10 to compensate for the huge influx of mats. Either that or have everything available for almost no time,cost or effort. Its bad enough farming candy corn cobs, having to farm for wintersday too would ruin the event for me.

If you enjoy farming, theres always the JP that is a decent farm, but not enough to ruin the 'wintersday economy'. I think its nice that we have 1 festival dedicated mostly towards farming, and another towards activities.

I can see why ppl would like to have mob farming during wintersday the same way I would like to have jp farming during Halloween, but I think it's good that anet sets up each festival to have the farming focused on different events, so they don't all seem like the same thing with different decorations . . .

@zombyturtle.5980 said:Please no. I would hate this. Not because I want to stop people who enjoy farming from having fun, but if there was a wintersday farm equivalent to lab then all the rewards for wintersday would have to have their prices jacked up x10 to compensate for the huge influx of mats. Either that or have everything available for almost no time,cost or effort. Its bad enough farming candy corn cobs, having to farm for wintersday too would ruin the event for me.

If you enjoy farming, theres always the JP that is a decent farm, but not enough to ruin the 'wintersday economy'. I think its nice that we have 1 festival dedicated mostly towards farming, and another towards activities.

People already farm the jumping puzzle and the Wintersday dungeon or Toypocalypse, and/or farm karma all year and use it to buy gifts every day. They could balance the rewards so it's in-line with those, so it's another option for people who prefer this format (or people who want more variety) but not going to flood the market with gifts and other Wintersday rewards. At least no more than we already get from the available rewards.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@zombyturtle.5980 said:Please no. I would hate this. Not because I want to stop people who enjoy farming from having fun, but if there was a wintersday farm equivalent to lab then all the rewards for wintersday would have to have their prices jacked up x10 to compensate for the huge influx of mats. Either that or have everything available for almost no time,cost or effort. Its bad enough farming candy corn cobs, having to farm for wintersday too would ruin the event for me.

People already farm the jumping puzzle and the Wintersday dungeon or Toypocalypse, and/or farm karma all year and use it to buy gifts every day. They could balance the rewards so it's in-line with those, so it's another option for people who prefer this format (or people who want more variety) but not going to flood the market with gifts and other Wintersday rewards. At least no more than we already get from the available rewards.

If the wintersday lab farm requires as much effort and is as challenging as farming the jp sure, but its its as easy as the halloween lab that wouldnt work. Easier farms attract way more people.

Technically they already did jack up the prices indirectly last year when they effectively deleted over 50% of many players' saved up snowflakes by altering the promotion recipe. Wintersday is nothing but a reminder of my loss now and brings me no joy.

Archived