Renewing Oasis

PierPiero.9142

How does this trait work ? is the condi duration active only when i get mirage cloak or every time i get regeneration ( even out of me ) ?How i read this table ? For every second i am under healing regen the condi damage is only 22 damage or the condi damage is reduce of 22 per second ?It is a little bit unclear for me .Bleeding.png Bleeding (1s): 22 DamageBurning.png Burning (1s): 131 DamageConfusion.png Confusion (1s): 38 Damage On Skill Use, 22 DamageTorment.png Torment (1s): 22 Damage, 32 Damage if Moving

Shows base value with 0 condi damage of all condis u can reduce in duration.Now Imagine u get a 5 Second burn while u have Regen - u will only burn 4 seconds.

What im interested in is what happens to "1 second" condis ; example mesmer staff burn - condis only apply every full Second ( except torment on wvw ? )So the burn would be 0.8 Second and Technically shouldnt proc at all ..or maybe it just stays at 1 sec. Can someone Talk about this ?

And its only on Regen, not mirrage cloak - Chaos synergy

I used to think this trait was good, but tbh it's pretty mediocre, especially when you can take self deception with a few deception utilities.

Sure you can get easy perma regen, especially if taking Chaos and using Staff, but the healing per second of regen is almost negligible in the current state of the game where everything kittens out stupid amounts of burst damage, both power and condi.

And the -condi duration reduction is meaningless unless stacking the effect with runes and food - and even then for damaging conditions you're going to want to cleanse asap anyway. But if going full passive reduction you're still going to only have -45% max against cripple/chill/immob/weakness/etc... which are the real conditions you want to fall off passively - Chrono does this better thanks to Time Marches On plus runes (eg antitoxin) and food (saffron bread, sweet bean buns, etc) allowing you to ignore cc conditions and save cleanses for damaging conditions.

Renewing oasis flips this on its head, making you have to use cleanses for cc conditions but the joke is also having to use cleanses anyway for damaging conditions because even with the duration reduction you can't afford to let them tick for a few seconds, unlike with Time Marches On + runes + food where you can passively ignore immob/cripple/chill etc and letting them tick for a couple of seconds is no big deal.

@FaboBabo.3581 said:Shows base value with 0 condi damage of all condis u can reduce in duration.Now Imagine u get a 5 Second burn while u have Regen - u will only burn 4 seconds.

What im interested in is what happens to "1 second" condis ; example mesmer staff burn - condis only apply every full Second ( except torment on wvw ? )So the burn would be 0.8 Second and Technically shouldnt proc at all ..or maybe it just stays at 1 sec. Can someone Talk about this ?

And its only on Regen, not mirrage cloak - Chaos synergy

Taken from gw2 wiki:Updated condition damage. Previously, a condition that had a fractional remainder of time after it dealt damage would not inflict the rest of its damage.For example, a 1.5-second burn would deal 1 second of burning damage, then fail to inflict the remaining 0.5 seconds of burning.Conditions will now deal this fractional damage either at the beginning or end of their duration, depending on when the next damage pulse would occur and their remaining duration.

@Curunen.8729 said:I used to think this trait was good, but tbh it's pretty mediocre, especially when you can take self deception with a few deception utilities.

Sure you can get easy perma regen, especially if taking Chaos and using Staff, but the healing per second of regen is almost negligible in the current state of the game where everything kittens out stupid amounts of burst damage, both power and condi.

And the -condi duration reduction is meaningless unless stacking the effect with runes and food - and even then for damaging conditions you're going to want to cleanse asap anyway. But if going full passive reduction you're still going to only have -45% max against cripple/chill/immob/weakness/etc... which are the real conditions you want to fall off passively - Chrono does this better thanks to Time Marches On plus runes (eg antitoxin) and food (saffron bread, sweet bean buns, etc) allowing you to ignore cc conditions and save cleanses for damaging conditions.

Renewing oasis flips this on its head, making you have to use cleanses for cc conditions but the joke is also having to use cleanses anyway for damaging conditions because even with the duration reduction you can't afford to let them tick for a few seconds, unlike with Time Marches On + runes + food where you can passively ignore immob/cripple/chill etc and letting them tick for a couple of seconds is no big deal.

Yeah, I'd rather they made Renewing Oasis reduce incoming condi damage instead of the duration (20% condi damage reduction might be a little too op for an Adept trait tho, but maybe 10%? Dunno, just an idea).

Archived