Rune of Lyssa for Crusader Reaper? (small-mid scale WvW)

EremiteAngel.9765

I had been trying Rune of Lyssa with a Shout-based sustain Crusader Reaper (Augury of Death + Blighters Boon traited) for small-mid scale WvW.Hitting up to 5 opponents puts our shout heal at 13 seconds and Elite shout at 58 seconds, both pretty close to be used with Rune of Lyssa's 10 seconds heal CD and 45 seconds elite CD procs. The gained boons also help feed Blighters Boon.

The build I'm trying is similar to the one below. I've had mixed results with it.Used Crusader for some healing to feed blighters boon but unsure of how effective healing interacts with blighters.

My own experience so far is that the sustain (both shroud and HP) is pretty decent and the damage is okay with 3K power and 50% crit and 200% crit dmg in shroud with might stacks possible.

Thoughts on Lyssa and Crusader stats helping to feed a sustain Reaper synergy? Or are there just better alternatives?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAndRnMbClbitbCWbC0bildBL+JWF3iQnpEQAg6KcGSWA-j1iFQBvY/BFcEAOoyAGcIAQiSsqoEEN6DAwDA4eq/cElGD4EAAA-w

More or less this is similar to power shoutmancer, a build with similar make in terms of traits and utilities.

Healing power scales poorly with most necromancer traits and skills aside from blood magic. Unless you go full hog on healing power, you won’t get much benefit from it when talking about blighters boon and your soul is mine.

Unfortunately, specing into blood magic over spite kills the synergy with blighters boon and ultimately makes it moot for its purpose. In this sense you are stuck.

Aside from maybe rethinking the gear, the power shoutmancer itself is a distinct and interesting build that works well. The shouts Not only serve as defensive choices, but can couple for an nice instant cast spike. I suggest trading your last utility shout to rise instead. Unblockables and vulnerability are cool, but you might benefit from the defense and instant cast time more.

As for the Lyssa Rune, I like to think if it as the more selfish version of leadership. It’s a good Condi clear. I think it could have its place in the build.

So in conclusion, you should rethink the investment in healing power. With blighters boon you are forced into the spite tree, making your traits entirely DPS based. That means you should allocate everything else into defensive measures. Power builds suffer from having to invest in 3 stats in order to be proficient, and so there in lies your biggest issue. Alternately you can go full DPS with vitality, and take advantage of blighters booms capabilities to rack up life force, which will in turn bolster your shroud based defence.

Archived