Can I obtain the mounts before lvling to 80 ?

Heya fellow adventurers.I am writing on behalf of a "friend of a friend" (lvl 45 at the time of writing).He didn't find how to get mounts before lvl 80. Is there a way ? Yes, he bought the game extensions (both of them).I thought to understand there are npc's (in Lion's Arch) that brings adventurers to the Crystal Desert. Are these NPC's available for sub lvl 80 toons?If there is a way to obtain a mount, thx fellas to help me out.If not?... my feet will hurt more...Seeya!

All important stories will unlock at level 80 including glider, mounts, mastery. So before you hit 80 its walking simulator.

Although there is a way by using lv 80 boost then just do the first story in Path of Fire to get the Raptor and go back to leveling other but i would not recommending this because your friends might not fully understand how this game work and wasting a lv 80 booster on a class you don't want or currently leveling is a bad thing.

Yes, you can. I got my raptor at level 10 or something. All you need is a level 80 character to take the low level character through the first few PoF missions. I don’t remember if I had to be on the PoF story, but I’m sure you can figure that out along the way. Just make sure your low level friend is near you when you start the PoF mission.

@"Feral Kid.2864" said:Heya fellow adventurers.I am writing on behalf of a "friend of a friend" (lvl 45 at the time of writing).He didn't find how to get mounts before lvl 80. Is there a way ? Yes, he bought the game extensions (both of them).I thought to understand there are npc's (in Lion's Arch) that brings adventurers to the Crystal Desert. Are these NPC's available for sub lvl 80 toons?If there is a way to obtain a mount, thx fellas to help me out.If not?... my feet will hurt more...Seeya!

Get that friend of a friend, with your friend to your PoF first chapter, carry trough herald fight, do quest in raptor place, viola.

Just to add a little bit more if you don't have a guild but need help from a level-80 player:

Go to Divinity's Reach or Lion's Arch, use map chat to ask if there is any level-80 mentor/vet who has free time to get you through PoF's "Sparkling the Flame" story mission. Not all know that you can bring lowbies to unlock raptor mount, so if anyone is wondering just explain that it is possible to do so.

• 3 months later...

@"coopoor.2631" said:how do i skip all the stuff an get to path of fire to get a mount i basically stuck at a story line quest

Its recommended to finish the current "chapter" you are doing unless you are fine with losing progress.

Once you do, or don't, open your Hero menu and move to the Story Tab. There select the Patch of Fire list of quests and start the mission "Sparkling the Flame".GW2 has no forced progression over the Story quests, so you can do it at any given moment, past lvl 10.

Keep in mind that you need access to Lions Arch for the first part of the quest.In the middle of the mission, make sure to take part in the event to put down the fire of the village, also make sure to effectively ride a raptor during the mission.

If I am not mistaken, you will unlock raptor as well as its Mastery Line as soon as you complete the mission. Keep in mind that you can't level up Masteries vefore lvl 80.

The mission can be soloed by any lvl 80. Expect to get one shooted by absolutely everything at lvl 10 tough.Totally doable. If you are online I wouldn't mind helping myself.

@SoulSin.5682 said:

@"coopoor.2631" said:how do i skip all the stuff an get to path of fire to get a mount i basically stuck at a story line quest

Its recommended to finish the current "chapter" you are doing unless you are fine with losing progress.

Once you do, or don't, open your Hero menu and move to the Story Tab. There select the Patch of Fire list of quests and start the mission "Sparkling the Flame".GW2 has no forced progression over the Story quests, so you can do it at any given moment, past lvl 10.

Keep in mind that you need access to Lions Arch for the first part of the quest.In the middle of the mission, make sure to take part in the event to put down the fire of the village, also make sure to effectively ride a raptor during the mission.

If I am not mistaken, you will unlock raptor as well as its Mastery Line as soon as you complete the mission. Keep in mind that you can't level up Masteries vefore lvl 80.

The mission can be soloed by any lvl 80. Expect to get one shooted by absolutely everything at lvl 10 tough.Totally doable. If you are online I wouldn't mind helping myself.

LS2, HoT, LS3, PoF, LS4 all requires a character to be at lv80 before they can be started.

To get raptor unlocked you do what people above mentioned, party up with someone else who is lv80 and own PoF then go through Sparking the Flame with them.

Archived