New Player - Question about Raids

Hi All!

I'm a new player and am looking for some advice about raids. I'm coming over from WoW, where I never really got in to raiding (never could devote enough time for gearing, studying mechanics, and finally having to sit down for a few hours for it). On the rare instances I could, I already missed prior gear/content and wasn't able to raid. But raiding is something that's always interested me from a conceptual standpoint (10-main groups, challenging content, loot etc). Now, I know that since there isn't a "treadmill" style of progression, I won't have to worry about missing prior gear. I'm primarily concerned with 2 things:

1. Is all the raid content still populated? I understand older content won't have as many people running it, and I'm ok with that. But, am I going to look for a HoT raid group and find 3 people total for it?
  2. How would you guys rate the kind of rewards at the end of the raid? I like loot/shinies (I'm more Skritt than Human now) that are also valuable. Since there isn't a treadmill, there probably won't be better gear. So, do you guys find the loot rewarding for multiple runs or is it more along the lines of "Ok, we beat him. What's next?"?

Thanks for any advice!

@"The Disciple.3826" said:Hi All!

1. Is all the raid content still populated? I understand older content won't have as many people running it, and I'm ok with that. But, am I going to look for a HoT raid group and find 3 people total for it?

Yes it's still populated, but you're more likely to find groups if you're in a guild. The lfg, outside of training runs, is mostly looking for experienced players for a quick run.

1. How would you guys rate the kind of rewards at the end of the raid? I like loot/shinies (I'm more Skritt than Human now) that are also valuable. Since there isn't a treadmill, there probably won't be better gear. So, do you guys find the loot rewarding for multiple runs or is it more along the lines of "Ok, we beat him. What's next?"?

kinda meh. They have some unique weapon skins per boss which you can buy with mag shards or receive as a drop, along with stat select-able accessories and a chance at ascended armor. Honestly though, fractals (t4s) will be a better option for ascended drops. Mostly you'll get 1 guaranteed exotic and some greens every 1st boss kill per week, along with mag shards until weekly cap of 150.

Hi. I would say hot raids are more populated because they are easier (especialy wing 1 and 4) so some players that dont clear everything start with them. As for loot, you dont get that much gold but you can get ascended stuff quite frequently. Also you get 2 gold (sometimes 4) and exitic for 1 boss and you can kill him in 5~ minutes.Just note that you get reward only once per week per boss.

@"The Disciple.3826" said:Hi All!

I'm a new player and am looking for some advice about raids. I'm coming over from WoW, where I never really got in to raiding (never could devote enough time for gearing, studying mechanics, and finally having to sit down for a few hours for it). On the rare instances I could, I already missed prior gear/content and wasn't able to raid. But raiding is something that's always interested me from a conceptual standpoint (10-main groups, challenging content, loot etc). Now, I know that since there isn't a "treadmill" style of progression, I won't have to worry about missing prior gear. I'm primarily concerned with 2 things:

2. How would you guys rate the kind of rewards at the end of the raid? I like loot/shinies (I'm more Skritt than Human now) that are also valuable. Since there isn't a treadmill, there probably won't be better gear. So, do you guys find the loot rewarding for multiple runs or is it more along the lines of "Ok, we beat him. What's next?"?

Thanks for any advice!

Hello. We do have Raid guild in eu server that does also training runs and teach mechanics, gearing etc for new Raiders. Feel free to pm me here for More info :)

Archived